• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

PortAventura: General Discussion

Fast track unlimited and front row is really expensive though right?

Think we will just go for the basic fast track when we visit if it's required. In hoping that because it's 7/8 June when we go and Spanish kids are all still in school it won't be too busy.
When I have been in the past I visited similar dates in June on two trips (2012 and 13) followed by July in 2014 and 2017. While July was still busy, June was much worse and was full of school trips each day, although was much better later in evening.

Got our trip coming up next week. Any tips, best eats etc?
I went around this time last year and FT was not really needed (midweek days at least). Yes queues got up in the middle of the day, but if you strategise you'll get a perfectly good ride count. Red Force is a different matter however, I recommend getting to that immediately after opening or very late on as its queue is miserable, and you can't even do single rider properly as the main queue entirely blocks it until you're not far from the front anyway.

Ferrari Land in general is miserable. Don't bother with the flying theatre as it runs 1/3 capacity and is crap. I'd literally do Red Force as soon as it opens a couple of times, Junior Red Force for the +1 and leave

When I have been in the past I visited similar dates in June on two trips (2012 and 13) followed by July in 2014 and 2017. While July was still busy, June was much worse and was full of school trips each day, although was much better later in evening.

Thanks for this.

Crowd calendar on rideitmes saying it's going to be between 57 and 61% capacity. The two following weeks in June are much worse so we might be okayish.

School trips are annoying as hell. Hahaha.
Will buy them if needed and just see how we go.

I feel like the two times I have been in June were quite different crowd wise. One horrendously busy and another quite light. Perhaps there is a cut off somewhere in the month.

Have a great time @Benjsh

We have decided to get the two day two parks passes. We will be nipping into FL for a few rides on Red Force and that will be that. I don't really have an urge to do anything else in that park. It's such a tragic looking place.

We have decided to get the two day two parks passes. We will be nipping into FL for a few rides on Red Force and that will be that. I don't really have an urge to do anything else in that park. It's such a tragic looking place.

It's awful. The atmosphere was very off when I went and it is easily the worst area in a major park I've ever done.

I actually really enjoyed the flying theatre there, it’s one of the better ones I’ve done. That was in its opening year so no idea if it’s still as good.

The simulator thing though was truely awful.

Ferrari Land although not a patch on the original park, is a nice place to spend a few hours, especially with it now being open in the evening. The Flying Theatre is regarded as the best film out of Voletarium and Soarin', and by the time you've ridden Red Force, had a go on Maranello Grand Race (Autopia) and had a bite to eat you can easily spend a few hours there.

I quite agree on the flying theatre. It’s far from the worst I’ve done. The loading process can be painful however.

The park overall though is pretty poor. It’s seemingly been designed by accountants who Googled “top 10 sights in Italy” and then built poor replicas of them directly next to each other, with some rides shoehorned in. There is absolutely no placemaking or flow to the park. Its flaws are made all the more obvious by sitting directly opposite the beautifully designed main park.

The sound was awful and the film poor. Operations were horrendous too.

For me out the 3 I've done it goes

Emmet's Flying Adventure
Voletarium
Flying Dreans

I'd have enjoyed Ferrari Land more if there was a better queuing system for single riders.

Having to queue up in the normal line up until the station and then join the SRQ only to walk straight into the station and onto the next train was annoying.

I should have just learnt the Spanish for "I'm not queue jumping, I'm just making my way to the single rider queue"

Anyone know if the park accepts cash or is it card only? Just wanna know how much money to take. Can’t find it anywhere on their website. Thanks.