• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

PortAventura: General Discussion

I agree. The track re-paint when Shambhala was installed as well as the additional theming which was added have given the ride a whole new lease of life and it remains one of the best rides in the park, many would even say the best (except for crazy people like me who prefer Baco).

It's very pleasing to see older rides like Stampida and Khan receiving attention, but not having to close for ages for refurbishment like the DLP coasters.

Kahn looks bloody awful with those bright blue supports though, they should have kept them white.

At least they bothered to repaint though unlike some parks.

Even theming aside Nemesis is still a state. But you have to say Dragon Khans station is looking much better than Nemesis' ;)

What other than the theming is a state on Nemesis?

There is only track and train left and the trains got new OTSR recently and the track is painted to look rusted and old and pretty much always has been.

Just curious

At least Nemesis had been mechanically looked after. When I kast rode Khan it was riding rough and rattled to the point it have me a horrid headache. Plus the trains looked a right state.

What other than the theming is a state on Nemesis?

There is only track and train left and the trains got new OTSR recently and the track is painted to look rusted and old and pretty much always has been.

Just curious

At least Nemesis had been mechanically looked after. When I kast rode Khan it was riding rough and rattled to the point it have me a horrid headache. Plus the trains looked a right state.

The surrounding area, especially underneath the loop is just full of rubbish and only half full with water. The track has seen better days, yes we know its meant to look rusty but its covered in real rust and moss. Dragon Khan vibrates a little but Nemesis yesterday wasnt exactly smooth. Not like it used to be anyway. As for the trains they might have been entirely re-built but it doesn't mean they look any better.

The surrounding area, especially underneath the loop is just full of rubbish and only half full with water. The track has seen better days, yes we know its meant to look rusty but its covered in real rust and moss. Dragon Khan vibrates a little but Nemesis yesterday wasnt exactly smooth. Not like it used to be anyway. As for the trains they might have been entirely re-built but it doesn't mean they look any better.

I really have to disagree here, there is often rubbish in the pit but they can't get down there every day to get at it, it's usually cleaned once a week. They replaced a piece of track this season and you could barely tell the difference between that and the new track so it suggests the look is intentional.

Khan's trains looked old, unkept and it was so rough i came off with a bad headache (bare in mind this was two years ago), it is nowhere near as well looked after as other B&M sit-downs. Nemesis is hardly as smooth as it used to be but it hasn't aged quite so badly.

On the other hand Khan's station theming has been far better looked after compared to Nemesis which is rotting.

Dragon Khan, whilst super, is one of the rougher B&M coasters I have been on out of around 45.

It is also very loosely themed.

Novelties 2015 (Updated 04/05/15)
As promised at the begining of the season PortAventura have continued to realise novelties throughout the 2015 season, the latest new additions join the already long list of novelties below:

(04/05/15)
  • Surf Paradise by Desigual - Surf store in Polynesia
  • IceAge: The Ride
  • IceAge: The Shop
  • Foto IceAge
  • Angkor: Adventure in the Lost Kingdom Live Action Splash Battle - Actors added along the route
  • Newly designed website
  • 20th Birthday Party - (May 1 10:00hr-24:00hr)
  • Happy Birthday Fireworks
  • New Parade floats - Happy Birthday Parade
  • New White Night date added - White Night New Generation (May 30 10:00hr-02:00hr)

(21/03/15)

• New 5* Hotel - Hotel Mansión de Lucy
    • The Callaghan’s Building & New Restaurant
    • Cirque Du Soleil Amaluna
    • Mediterranean Experience PortAventura Lumine Golf and Beach Club
    • Free Resort wide Wi-Fi
    • 20th Anniversary White Nights
    • 19 New Shows
  • 20th Anniversary decorations
  • Stampida attraction refurbishment
  • Tomahawk attraction refurbishment
  • El Diablo attraction refurbishment

20th Anniversary White Night - Birthday Party
The first White Night of the 2015 season has been huge success according to Resort fansites and Facebook pages. Here are just a few images taken from the event last week.

10394784_10206734202856126_4576719125249306961_n.jpg

11182048_10206734199456041_782829719445737785_n.jpg

11181208_10206734196095957_1054462367499095390_n.jpg

11071924_10206728615876455_2577607929047418067_n.jpg

11204451_10206728614236414_2157402917118584916_n.jpg

11070497_10206728600156062_5060479628813913934_n.jpg

In regards to Nemesis, the pit was looking more of a state than usual yesterday. The lack of red water does not help with this.

:)

It might be useful if there were a separate topic for all these press releases.

It's nice reading opinions on here and people having little debates although it's a bit of a headache to read smoothly when you go from discussion to press release, discussion to press release. Not sure if anyone agrees but I find it irritating and it breaks up the flow of discussion. Would help if all these press releases are kept separate. Just a suggestion of course.

Anyway PA may be a beautiful park although you can easily find faults here and there when it comes to theming falling apart, tracks looking worn, rubbish scattered in areas etc.. Just like any other park really. Generally PA seems good at upkeep, although it's far from perfect.

It might be useful if there were a separate topic for all these press releases.

It's nice reading opinions on here and people having little debates although it's a bit of a headache to read smoothly when you go from discussion to press release, discussion to press release. Not sure if anyone agrees but I find it irritating and it breaks up the flow of discussion. Would help if all these press releases are kept separate. Just a suggestion of course.

Anyway PA may be a beautiful park although you can easily find faults here and there when it comes to theming falling apart, tracks looking worn, rubbish scattered in areas etc.. Just like any other park really. Generally PA seems good at upkeep, although it's far from perfect.

I did make a separate Ferrari Land topic but everyone kept talking about it on here so I just gave up and posted it here ;)

*Edit*

I've moved the post to the Ferrari Land topic.

Last edited:
Hopefully going in mid june whilst on a trip to Barcelona. Does anyone have any experience with the train service from Barcelona to the park, as well as any ways to get cheaper tickets for a group of 5? :)

Hopefully going in mid june whilst on a trip to Barcelona. Does anyone have any experience with the train service from Barcelona to the park, as well as any ways to get cheaper tickets for a group of 5? :)

PortAventura's train station is across the road from Hotel El Paso and is only a 5 min walk up the main concourse to the Parks. My uncle has taken the train to Barcelona and apparently it takes approx. 40-60 mins. But I couldn't tell you anymore than that.

I've used that train and it's very easy to do. Particularly easy since the park has its own train station. The prices aren't bad either and you can buy on the day, easily doable in a single day from Barcelona. I would give you the advice which I would give to anyone visiting for the first time. Arrive at the park at around 11:30-12:00 rather than getting here for opening. So many major rides open at 12 that it isn't worth getting there for opening, especially if you're travelling from Barcelona. After 12, most rides stay open until closing time and the end of the day parades and shows are superb.

I'm mainly wondering what exact train it is/where from? I've trawled the inter webs but I must admit, the Spanish apparently have nothing comparable to thetrainline etc etc! Any rough ideas on the price? I've got to try and scrounge this together and sort it out myself or else we won't be going, t'would be a large shame since I don't think i'll be going anytime soon!

I'm mainly wondering what exact train it is/where from? I've trawled the inter webs but I must admit, the Spanish apparently have nothing comparable to thetrainline etc etc! Any rough ideas on the price? I've got to try and scrounge this together and sort it out myself or else we won't be going, t'would be a large shame since I don't think i'll be going anytime soon!

It goes from Barcelona Sants, and costs about £10 return.

You need to look for trains on the R16 (Regional Commuter 16) line - the timetables are here:
http://rodalies.gencat.cat/en/horaris/
As said above, trains are cheap and there isn't a need to book in advance. :)

I believe there's also a 45 euro entry and train return ticket available from the ticket office at Sants too! There should be a poster around for that.

I don't suppose you're in Barcelona for Sonar are you?

With the start of the summer season quickly approaching further updates have been emerging this week across the Resort.

The Callaghan's Building and Restaurant 'Callaghan's' - Hotel Gold River
PortAventura World have taken a photo of the nearly completed new addition to Hotel Gold River which is expected to open late June.
th720_37d2dd16e7c463f07f7987c8b1960181.jpg

Lake Show enhancements on the Mediterranean Lagoon
In the description for the 2nd White Night of the season 'Noche Blanca New Generation', PortAventura stated the Mediterranean Lagoon has been renovated with new lighting, water fountains, fire, projections, pyrotechnics and speakers.

New Limited Edition 20th Anniversary Compilation CD
The other day a new 2-disc limited edition 20th Anniversary CD went on sale across the Resort featuring audio which has never been released. Tracks include 20th Anniversary songs, Hola Hola PortAventura (2015 Remix), Costa Caribe (2015 Remix), Can Can Cowboy, Voices of Angkor and the Celebration soundtrack to name a few.

White Night / Noche Blanca New Generation
Entertainements, performance and attractions schedule for the 2nd White Night of the season. 30/05/15 10:00hr-02:00hr
http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/p...ts/000/000/423/original/NB_New_Generation.pdf

Last edited: