• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

PortAventura: General Discussion

New for 2016 - Kurios: Cabinet Des Curiosites
maxresdefault-300x169.jpg

Strong rumours suggest that PortAventura and Cirque Du Soleil will present Kurios: Cabinet Des Curiosites in 2016 as part of the 5 year collaboration between the two partners. This comes shortly after the final performance of Amaluna last night (Sunday 23rd August) 2015's performance which attracted over 11,000 audience members throughout the summer season. Kurios will be the third Cirque Du Soleil performance at PortAventura Resort after Kooza in 2014 and Amaluna in 2015.

Last edited:
Would be great to see Kurios as the next Cirque Du Soleil show at PA. It's one of their newest productions and looks great, would work very well at PA.

Halloween '15

Yesterday Halloween '15 came to a close at PortAventura Park, which has to be the longest running Halloween event I've ever seen running from 26/09/15 until 15/11/15. This year saw the largest version of the event as the 20th Anniversary and Halloween combined to produce an amazing Halloween festival filled with shows, street entertainment, scare mazes, parades and fireworks. This year Halloween '15 included:
  • Happy Birthday Halloween - Teatre Principal Mediterrania
  • Trick or Treat Parade - Mediterrania
  • Horror en el Lago - Mediterrania Lagoon
  • Selva del Miedo - Polynesia
  • [REC] Experience - Polynesia
  • Halloween Family Festival - SesamoAventura
  • Halloween en SesamoAventura - TeatroAventura
  • Halloween Escape - Gran Teatre Imperial China
  • Sand Animaton Halloween - Temple Magic Jing-Chou China
  • Dia De Los Muertos - Mexico
  • Templo Del Fuego: La Maldicion Maya - Mexico
  • La Muerte Viva - La Cantina Mexico
  • Vampires - Long Branch Saloon Far West
  • Horror en Penitence - Far West
  • Bang Bang Halloween - Western Stunt Show Arena Far West
  • La Posada de la Familia Halloween - Iron Horse Hotel Far West
As well as Halloween shows and entertainment, 20th Anniversary and original shows ran alongside as well as Halloween stores and themed White Nights.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Christmas '15
Next week sees the start of PortAventura's Christmas event in which the entire PortAventura Park gets trimmed up with Holiday decorations and shows. This years Christmas attractions include:
  • NEW Happy Birthday Christmas - Teatre Principal
  • NEW VERSION La Parada de Navidad - La Rambla
  • NEW VERSION La Llegada de los Emisarios Reales - Mediterrania Lagoon
  • NEW IceAge: A Mammoth Christmas - Polynesia
  • Ya es Navidad en SesamoAventura - TeatroAventura
  • NEW Christmas Family Festival - SesamoAventura
  • Winter Magic Bubblebou - Temple Magic Jing-Chou
  • NEW Una Navidad entre las Estrellas - Gran Teatre Imperial
  • Snow Tubing - Plaza Imperial
  • Gran Fiesta de Navidad - La Cantina
  • NEW VERSION El Bosque Encantado - Mexico
  • Ice Skating - El Hacienda el Charro
  • NEW VERSION Christmas Dream - Long Branch Saloon
  • NEW VERSION Dreaming on Ice - Western Stunt Show Arena

This year's Halloween event was very popular indeed. When I visited last month queues for the coasters frequently exceeded 2 hours, thankfully the queues for the Halloween walk throughs were a lot more respectable. Being Gold River guests we were able to purchase Express for the entire stay for 61 euros (about £38). Whilst I normally loathe fastrack systems and try not to support them, for such a low price and with such long queues for the coasters you'd be mad not to really.

One interesting thing about Baco is that they are no longer using the outside seats on rows 1,5 and 6, presumably due to the roughness and vibrations caused. This was causing all sorts of problems operationally as groups of two were moaning about having to sit opposite sides rather than together and this was causing serious delays in the loading process. Add to that the fact the a quarter of the seats on the train were now out of use and this made for a very painful queue experience. They're going to have to do something, they can't carry on like this for the rest of the ride's life. I'd hate to see Baco go as its by far my favourite launch coaster (I'd rate it ahead of the likes of iSpeed, Blue Fire, Helix, Stealth, Rita etc) but these operational problems are a real pain for both staff and guests in the queues, both main and Express.

Christmas '15
Next week sees the start of PortAventura's Christmas event in which the entire PortAventura Park gets trimmed up with Holiday decorations and shows. This years Christmas attractions include:
  • NEW Happy Birthday Christmas - Teatre Principal
  • NEW VERSION La Parada de Navidad - La Rambla
  • NEW VERSION La Llegada de los Emisarios Reales - Mediterrania Lagoon
  • NEW IceAge: A Mammoth Christmas - Polynesia
  • Ya es Navidad en SesamoAventura - TeatroAventura
  • NEW Christmas Family Festival - SesamoAventura
  • Winter Magic Bubblebou - Temple Magic Jing-Chou
  • NEW Una Navidad entre las Estrellas - Gran Teatre Imperial
  • Snow Tubing - Plaza Imperial
  • Gran Fiesta de Navidad - La Cantina
  • NEW VERSION El Bosque Encantado - Mexico
  • Ice Skating - El Hacienda el Charro
  • NEW VERSION Christmas Dream - Long Branch Saloon
  • NEW VERSION Dreaming on Ice - Western Stunt Show Arena

It would be nice if they actually put some details of their Christmas event up on their website. Some of us are flying out there for a couple of days on Boxing Day yet I have had no luck finding out what rides are open during their winter season! I can only assume that the park is open as normal with Christmas decoractions.

:)

I went on the last two Christmases and you will find every ride open except the water rides, Yukatan and Templo del Fuego. There is also additional Christmas shows and entertainment and the lake show at park closing time is very good at Christmas time, better than in main season actually.

It would be nice if they actually put some details of their Christmas event up on their website. Some of us are flying out there for a couple of days on Boxing Day yet I have had no luck finding out what rides are open during their winter season! I can only assume that the park is open as normal with Christmas decoractions.

All of the details are on the website including attractions, shows, restaurants and Christmas events.

For available attractions and shows click 'PortAventura Park' and then the country.
Show schedules are down the side of the screen and click the Christmas tab for new for 2015 activities. :)

Last edited:
All of the details are on the website including attractions, shows, restaurants and Christmas events.

For available attractions and shows click 'PortAventura Park' and then the country.
Show schedules are down the side of the screen and click the Christmas tab for new for 2015 activities. :)

I can only assume they have two websites as I've just tried again quickly and still cannot find any real winter season details. I hate to being up the EP comparision but from the home page of their website all details of the witner season are just one easy click away.

I can only assume they have two websites as I've just tried again quickly and still cannot find any real winter season details. I hate to being up the EP comparision but from the home page of their website all details of the witner season are just one easy click away.

It is on the home page. Just one click away, the show schedule is still on the right hand side. I don't know how you can miss it.
309lgs0.png

Last edited:
That seems to show the full ride listing, not what's open at Christmas. Looking at the individual ride pages, there doesn't seem to be any mention that the water rides are closed.

All mentions of Templo del Fuego have vanished from the website though - I'm beginning to think I'm never going to see it :(

Reactions: Rob
I went on Templo the weekend before last :D

Sadly it never operates during the Christmas event but there are plenty of other Christmas shows and extra festive attractions during the event, not to mention every major non water ride being open. In terms of winter events I'd say that PortAventura's is the best in Europe particularly for ride line up.

That seems to show the full ride listing, not what's open at Christmas. Looking at the individual ride pages, there doesn't seem to be any mention that the water rides are closed.

All mentions of Templo del Fuego have vanished from the website though - I'm beginning to think I'm never going to see it :(
What ever is currently listed on the website is open. If a ride or attraction is closed it won't appear on the ride listings. (Its really not that hard lol)

What ever is currently listed on the website is open. If a ride or attraction is closed it won't appear on the ride listings. (Its really not that hard lol)

Well clearly it is, otherwise there wouldn't be any confusion! All of the water rides are currently listed on the website so am I to assume they will be open? As Enter Valhalla is stating otherwise. They do not appear to have a decicated web page to their theme park winter event, only that hotel promotional page you highlighted. It's not ideal for planning.

Well clearly it is, otherwise there wouldn't be any confusion! All of the water rides are currently listed on the website so am I to assume they will be open? As Enter Valhalla is stating otherwise. They do not appear to have a decicated web page to their theme park winter event, only that hotel promotional page you highlighted. It's not ideal for planning.

There's only you that's confused! The whole website changes over for each season, at the moment the water rides will still be open as the Christmas event hasn't started yet, that's why they're still appearing. What information are you looking for and i'll paste it for you. :)

It doesn't matter, I was merely pointing out that their website does not make it clear what rides are and are not open for their winter event. A few of us a few weeks ago were wondering whether the water rides would be open, now it's clear from this thread (and not PA's website) that they will not be.

It doesn't matter, I was merely pointing out that their website does not make it clear what rides are and are not open for their winter event. A few of us a few weeks ago were wondering whether the water rides would be open, now it's clear from this thread (and not PA's website) that they will not be.

Just Silver River Flume and Tutuki Splash will be closed, Grand Canyon Rapids, Magic Fish and Angkor will be open :)

Angkor closed for winter on 1st November.

It's just Magic Fish and the rapids which stay open for the winter season, I know this is different to last year.

Angkor closed for winter on 1st November.

It's just Magic Fish and the rapids which stay open for the winter season, I know this is different to last year.

Whoooops my mistake. Yeah I remember it being open last winter. I wonder whether they're doing any work to it or they've just realised no one wants to get p*ssed wet through in November.

When I went last Christmas the weather was really nice on two of the five days we were there. I went on Angkor and they'd turned down the sprays so that they were spraying at much lower pressure which thankfully meant that nobody got soaked, I got wetter on the rapids actually. I think lack of popularity last winter was probably behind the decision to close it.