• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

PortAventura: General Discussion

That is a shame, I was hoping to see Angkor as I haven't been on it and have heard much about it .

Oh well!

I normally ignore Splash Battles, I didn't even bother with the Phantasialand one, but this one is pretty good to be fair. I do think that parks need to stop installing these though, there's much better water rides out there.

Phantasialand's is the worst of all of them! It could not be any duller.

EP have added dark ride sections to theirs and removed cross-boat shooting, so you no longer get wet.

I haven't been on the EP one since the re-theme. Surely a lot of the point of these is getting wet though so it does seem like the whole point of these rides is being lost and is obviously not that popular with the public. Europa seemed to have turned it into more of a dark ride than an interactive shooting ride. Not that that's a bad thing, just an observation. I'm not keen on these rides at all.

That is a shame, I was hoping to see Angkor as I haven't been on it and have heard much about it .

Oh well!
You might still be able to walk upto it but I'm not sure, I haven't seen a Winter map yet this year. It's not a ride you'd want to go on in the cold.

I haven't been on the EP one since the re-theme. Surely a lot of the point of these is getting wet though so it does seem like the whole point of these rides is being lost and is obviously not that popular with the public. Europa seemed to have turned it into more of a dark ride than an interactive shooting ride. Not that that's a bad thing, just an observation. I'm not keen on these rides at all.

Absolutely. They are pointless rides in 75% of theme parks.

Making it into more of a scenic boat ride makes sense, in truth.

Navidad '15

Videoreview Parks have reviewed Christmas '15 and it is safe to say the Park is looking as beautiful as ever as Christmas and the 20th Anniversary come together. In the video the presenters mention how street entertainments have noticeably been ramped up in the park as well as an increase in decorations!

Navidad '15 looks to be a great continuation of the 20th Anniversary!

*The video contains theming, parade, fireworks and show spoilers including shots of the indoor Christmas walk through attraction. Those of you visiting in the near future might want to give the video a miss if you want the event to be a surprise.

A few news snippets from the last week:

World of Parks - Best Theme Park in Europe Award
Last week PortAventura won the award for Best European Theme Park by the German group World of Parks.

12299137_1112731752079357_8390292778265452351_n.jpg

PortAventura World

World of Parks - Best European Show Award
This week the 20th Anniversary Show 'Celebration' at the Gran Teatre Imperial in China won the award for Best Theme Park Show in Europe, received to the Artistic Director of PortAventura, Gianfranco Bollini. This is PortAventura's fourth entertainment award this year with shows 'Halloween Escape' and 'Una Navidad entre las Estrellas' currently being nominated for seasonal shows of the year.

12308834_10208211326863303_6120669792127967802_n.jpg

Gianfranco Bollini

Junior Masterchef

Today the Spanish version of Junior Masterchef was filmed at PortAventura on the shores of the Mediterranian Lagoon.

12299225_10153782228654394_6770627720547329875_n.jpg

PortAventura

Pretty impressive that PortAventura got voted as Best European Theme Park especially when you look at the high standard of other theme parks in the continent.

I've always thought that PortAventura is a stunning park with beautiful theming and great rides but some really questionable operations which sadly over shadows all of the park's positive points.

How did I know that you'd be the first to comment on this? :rolleyes:

Regardless of the type of site, it is impressive that a German group holds PA in such high regard particularly when one considers the number of high quality parks in Germany.

Ah yes, the world renowned and prestigious 'World of Parks' awards, the most sought after awards in the industry. What an achievment! :p

EP win loads of awards, but people only pay attention to the big ones like the Golden Tickets best park award.

Meanwhile, away from the boring corporate/PR stuff, PA have put up warning signs in the Baco queue/station advising that the outside rows suffer from vibration. In addition, the outside seats of rows 1, 5 and 6 are currently not being used according to various sources.

It seems the park has finally realised they've got a problem with it, but surely this can only be a stop gap solution. New trains would be a far better long-term solution, possibly something like those used on Skyrush.

Unsure why the outside seats of row 1 wouldn't be used - they were actually ok when I last went.

If they are having to shut of seats due to the vibrations though it surely spells the beginning of the end of the ride (at least in its current form).

:)

That would make sense, actually. For all we know, Intamin have given them a good deal on the Ferrari launched thingamigig to compensate for the world class balls-up of Baco.