• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

PortAventura: General Discussion

I am sure these are the trains for the Ferrari land coaster under construction at Intamin factory, not sure why the idea they are for Baco has come from. Certainly wasn't mentioned by the person who posted the original image.

Aren't the Ferrari coaster trains shorter than the one in the photo (12 seats)?

Either way, I'm not getting my hopes up just yet

It's either the trains for Ferrari Land or the ones for Taron at Phantasialand and weldedengineer just got confused since it appears they are basically going to be the same train/restraint design.

th720_a16f92a7d06f4e432f66daa45ca79c9c.jpg

You can see they're the same chassis from this angle

Intamin to me means rough, even if it starts off smooth it doesnt take long before it goes rough

I know they've definitely worked on finding solutions for the roughness and whilst not everyone considers it rough, it was certainly painful last time I rode in October. They also have a track record recently of tending to their rougher rides (see DK and Stampida), so I see this as a viable rumour.

I can only see this as a positive, even if if does reduce throughput, it's a price I'm willing to pay. I'm assuming there's going to be some considerable adjustments needed to the station and possibly tunnel et cerera if this does happen.

Bravo to PA if this is true and turns a ride that some consider unrideable into something more enjoyable.

No Cirque Du Soleil in 2016? That's a shame. I wonder why they're not having any shows this year, I know they're busy although given how popular the shows have been in 2014/15 I would have thought they would return this year. At least it will be back in 2017 I guess.

Looks like this Looopings article provides the answer...

Spain's Port Aventura theme park is at loggerheads with the world famous theater company Cirque du Soleil. A high rising conflict there this summer probably not see circus performances at the theme park resort in Salou. This report initiates to Looopings.

"There is a little war going on" , says one person involved. "Many artists would not even return to Salou for the breach of trust." Actually, Cirque du Soleil from 2014 five years care shows in PortAventura. Kooza was seen in the first year. Last year the show Amaluna stood on the shelves. The plan was to bring back this year Amaluna but PortAventura insists on a new show. It is not feasible for Cirque du Soleil. Now is Amaluna scheduled in July and August for Knokke (Belgium). PortAventura spokesman Oriol Garcia confirms that Cirque du Soleil is not likely to come back this year. "We want a new show, so we probably hit a year" , he says. Garcia denies that there is a big hassle."There are conversations going on."

Following the 'topping off' of the vertical accelerator over in Ferrari Land, the new highest rollercoaster in Europe, Shambhala now hosts the new title of 'Highest Hypercoaster in Europe', which is now being used on promotional material. I'm glad to see they haven't just forgotten Shambhala's records and have amended them for the future.

That is just pants, talk about clutching at straws. Well..........I suppose it's marketing for them.

Oh dear PA are you silently run by Merlin....

That is just pants, talk about clutching at straws. Well..........I suppose it's marketing for them.

Oh dear PA are you silently run by Merlin....

I wouldn't call that clutching at straws at all. It is the highest hypercoaster in Europe. PortAventura still hold the title anyway, so it's not like it's been done for publicity against another Park.

It's not like they're doing a Merlin and saying it's the tallest white and blue coaster in the World.

The GP prob don't know what a hyper coaster is. They just see a tall coaster. Do they care tha Baco is the worlds first wing coaster? No they just see it as a fast launch coaster.
It's still a pants claim though. Just say they have the two tallest coasters in Europe at least.

Do you see Blackpool claiming.............oh they did. Worlds only inverting coaster fully over water??????

The GP prob don't know what a hyper coaster is. They just see a tall coaster. Do they care tha Baco is the worlds first wing coaster? No they just see it as a fast launch coaster.

Do you see Blackpool claiming.............oh they did. Worlds only inverting coaster fully over water??????

They're not claiming Furius Baco is the first winged coaster, in fact I don't think they ever have. There's nothing wrong with the title it's been given, it will have had that record from the start anyway.

Port Aventura of old was much better at marketing as this though. They used to be proud of the park instead of having to keep marketing the park with their coasters alone.

I think the park can be marketed better than that.

Port Aventura a journey through different lands from across the world. Immerse yourself into each land with all the sight and sounds, including shows and world class rides.

Something of that ilk would sell the park better instead of "we have the tallest coaster in Europe as well as the the tallest hyper coaster in Europe" Shambahala may hold the record of it ride type in Europe, but the GP don't really care about ride type.

They could sell it all so much better.

Trust me I'm not PA hater, I love the place, they just sell them selves too short on their marketing.

Port Aventura of old was much better at marketing as this though. They used to be proud of the park instead of having to keep marketing the park with their coasters alone.

I think the park can be marketed better than that.

Port Aventura a journey through different lands from across the world. Immerse yourself into each land with all the sight and sounds, including shows and world class rides.

Something of that ilk would sell the park better.

Do you mean like their current advert...

Evening Folks,

Just back from 5 days at PA.

All rides were on top form, notably Stampida - I was sceptical before riding due to so much bad press from enthusiasts, I however as always, ride with an open mind and make my own judgement: I personally found it to be a fantastic wooden coaster, just a slight bit of bashing on the final bend(s) before the brake run, on both blue & red.
The re-tracked sections were incredibly smooth, I found the ride to have a decent pace throughout! (Obviously its no Wodan - but it was certainly my second favourite coaster on park)

Shambhala - Well... What can be said other than a wholesome euphoric experience, I really could not get enough of that beauty, never experienced so much airtime in my life - Welcome to my Number 1 spot, mate.

Furius Baco - An odd one... Incredible launch, I found it to be rougher in some places than others, due to what I gathered was the wheels causing this.
Overall, it certainly doesn't deserve all of the hatred and slating that it gets, man up and enjoy it for what it is - an intense 30 seconds!

All in all, a perfect week, with fairly good operations (from around 11am onwards) made better by the Express wristband!

:)

Last edited:
Evening Folks,

Just back from 5 days at PA.

All rides were on top form, notably Stampida - I was sceptical before riding due to so much bad press from enthusiasts, I however as always, ride with an open mind and make my own judgement: I personally found it to be a fantastic wooden coaster, just a slight bit of bashing on the final bend(s) before the brake run, on both blue & red.
The re-tracked sections were incredibly smooth, I found the ride to have a decent pace throughout! (Obviously its no Wodan - but it was certainly my second favourite coaster on park)

Shambhala - Well... What can be said other than a wholesome euphoric experience, I really could not get enough of that beauty, never experienced so much airtime in my life - Welcome to my Number 1 spot, mate.

Furius Baco - An odd one... Incredible launch, I found it to be rougher in some places than others, due to what I gathered was the wheels causing this.
Overall, it certainly doesn't deserve all of the hatred and slating that it gets, man up and enjoy it for what it is - an intense 30 seconds!

All in all, a perfect week, with fairly good operations (from around 11am onwards) made better by the Express wristband!

:)
It's nice to hear a good review on here about PA for a change! You should have ridden Stampida before the re-track, the whole ride was like the final bend.

I'm going back in a few weeks, was it busy enough to warrant an Express or did you just buy one because of the price?

It's nice to hear a good review on here about PA for a change! You should have ridden Stampida before the re-track, the whole ride was like the final bend.

I'm going back in a few weeks, was it busy enough to warrant an Express or did you just buy one because of the price?

Cheers man!

Yes it was fairly busy - certainly worth investing in the Express band! Queues were 30/40 mins + for the majority of the week across the board. I guess it depends if you want to spend the money, and how long you're at the park for - with it being my first visit I wanted to be able to take in as much of the experience as possible, the wristband certainly allowed me to do this and made the trip much more relaxing and stress free, I'd absolutely recommend it to anyone staying in the resort hotels.