• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

PortAventura: General Discussion

To contrast with the above, I cannot thank the PA staff enough.

So, @MattyH was accidentally tripped over in FL and broke his nose slightly. Claret everywhere. Not good. We were heading for food (more on that later) but obviously diverted to guest services who sent us across the way to First Aid. Here, they patched Matty up and called for an ambulance to take us to Tarragona to the hospital.

Now, about the food bit. We had previously eaten the night before and it was around 10:30 when this happened the next morning. We were very hungry and this caused problems as the heat, lack of food and lack of water got to me and about half hour after the event, I blacked out inside the FA room. Which was fun.

Back up, sugar water in me and the ambulance arrived and we got the whole disco works to the hospital where, to my surprise, I blacked out again. Yay.

3.5 hours, blood tests, chest scan for me later and 10 shiny new metal nipples to rip off at my displeasure and a pair of canulas removed and I was clear and joined by Matt who was cleaned up, his knee checked for damage in the fall and his nose checked and x-rayed.

Taxi back to the park via the pharmacy and we returned, 5 hour after our speedy exit. The guest services revalidated our FL tickets for the next day and we slowly limped around the park, pride and dignity thankfully long gone due to the terrible amount of kids creds we do.

TLDR? PA medical and guest services staff very very nice and many thanks to them. Might have to do a TR about this silly silly trip.

My nose is only slightly broken and I was already limping to due to a Trampolining incident.

Managed front row Red Force with a broken nose. Not many people can say they've done that I guess.

I'm not going to let a broken nose stop me getting creds. At least we got Night Rides on Shambhala before it all went wrong.

@Poisson and @MattyH, that's really good to hear, I know from other social media channels it's been a bit of an eventful trip and it's great that you were so well looked after at the park. Well done to both of you for getting back out there and pushing through the pain!

Have to say the medical care I've received in Catalonia in general has been exceptional, I was taken ill at the Sagrada Familia after gluten poisoning a few years ago and I couldn't have been better cared for by their first aid team. They even gave me anti-emetics which you probably can't even get on prescription in this country (by injection, as I couldn't take anything orally) which worked a treat and saved the whole trip really. I doubt you'd get anything like as good care at any attractions in the UK.

Double post but who cares.

There's a couple of rides we saw that weren't open. Including what looked like a boat ride called Waitan Port. Any idea why this ride wasn't operating?

It hasn't been open the last few times I've been there. Perhaps only opens in mega peak periods ?

It seemed to close because of covid and hasn’t reopened since I don’t think. There were stops in both China and Mediterranea, the boats would cycle through the park’s waterways in a loop between these stops.

I understand what looks like coaster supports have now arrived on site at Port Aventura, that look like Intamin supports, and similar to those used on rides like Movie worlds studio tour. Looks like their indoor ride for next year will likely be a coaster.

Double post but who cares.

There's a couple of rides we saw that weren't open. Including what looked like a boat ride called Waitan Port. Any idea why this ride wasn't operating?

Sadly PortAventura has a list of rides which don’t open during off-peak periods, which is somewhat hard to justify, but that’s the way things are unfortunately.

Rides which are closed on off-peak days are:

- Waitan Port
- Yukatan
- the balloon ride in China
- the spinning dragon ride in China
- tea cups
- Armadillos
- Mirror Maze (not technically a ride I know)
- Tutuki Splash
- Templo del Fuego (again not a ride but still a major attraction which ideally you’d want open)

What’s all the more infuriating is that “off peak” days are often by no means dead. I’ve seen all of these rides closed on weekdays where the coasters have still been getting queues of 30-60 mins.

They also class the entire Christmas and New Year period as “off-peak”, and therefore close all of those rides, despite some of those days in December being among the busiest the park gets.

If they can’t afford to keep those rides running throughout the season, why not just remove them altogether? I’d say that off peak days make up at least 40% of the season, possibly more.

Sadly it’s been this way for years, so I don’t see it changing any time soon.

I understand what looks like coaster supports have now arrived on site at Port Aventura, that look like Intamin supports, and similar to those used on rides like Movie worlds studio tour. Looks like their indoor ride for next year will likely be a coaster.
It seems as though we could well be seeing an Intamin Multi Dimensional Coaster, then… I’ve heard that rumour before now, and those supports could possibly support that theory.

Spinning Dragon Ride
Tea Cups
Tukuti Splash

These were definitely open when we went.

Though admittedly didn't pay much attention after Saturday night.

In Barcelona in a few weeks. Considering whether to go for an afternoon or not.

Is using your PB season pass for entry straightforward ?