• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

PortAventura: General Discussion

So after just watching the movie trailer on YouTube because I've never heard of it, I'm also struggling to see how this will fit into Far West. I'm not sure it would have blended into any area of the park but after seeing a few shots of pirate ships, caves and water etc. I would have personally built it in the unused Sea Odyssey building in Polynesia where at least then it's a little more concealed and wouldn't jar with the area theming as much.

Kind of disappointed it's not an original theme to fit the Far West but hopefully it'll be a good ride.

So after just watching the movie trailer on YouTube because I've never heard of it, I'm also struggling to see how this will fit into Far West. I'm not sure it would have blended into any area of the park but after seeing a few shots of pirate ships, caves and water etc. I would have personally built it in the unused Sea Odyssey building in Polynesia where at least then it's a little more concealed and wouldn't jar with the area theming as much.

Kind of disappointed it's not an original theme to fit the Far West but hopefully it'll be a good ride.
Not a playstation gamer then?

It's a pretty big deal and the globe trotting nature of it is a great fit with PA if not the specific area.

I love Uncharted, the games more than the film although I thought the film was alright. I’m assuming this will be based on the film?

I don’t see how it fits in with the Wild West area of the park at all though, the Uncharted series couldn’t be much further from a Wild West theme if it tried.

Shame that it's not based on the games. Found the film to be a complete snoozefest, lacking in the adventurous qualities that made the games what they are, most of the film felt like a contemporary heist film. And I have to echo the concerns that people have about the area it's in, this is not a wild west themed ride, it's an IP adventure theme.

Putting all that aside though, the ride system is certainly an exciting change of pace for a European attraction.

Last edited:
This is worse that Merlin for outdatenes of an IP. There's still some life in Uncharted yet with a sequel to the first movie in the works, but by far the biggest part of the franchise is the blockbuster game series. Uncharted 4, the last of the mainline series released in 2016 (the series started on PS3 all the way back in 2007). It's like they're almost exactly 10 years too late. Being a dark coaster though, at least it'll be easy to retheme in the future.

This is worse that Merlin for outdatenes of an IP. There's still some life in Uncharted yet with a sequel to the first movie in the works, but by far the biggest part of the franchise is the blockbuster game series. Uncharted 4, the last of the mainline series released in 2016 (the series started on PS3 all the way back in 2007). It's like they're almost exactly 10 years too late. Being a dark coaster though, at least it'll be easy to retheme in the future.
It’s themed around the movies, apparently.

It appears as an odd IP to use. It doesn't fit within the Far West theme and while the movie did financially well, the reviews were more negative/mixed than positive. Maybe it was a hit with the Spanish people?

The games series is of course renowned, so perhaps they are betting on the popularity of gaming fans, despite it being themed around the movie. This seems like a very Merlin thing to go for. PortAventura is good at theming, so at least when it's time for Unchartered to go, PA will theme it nicely to something else.

Anyways, animatronic Tom Holland did I hear? 👀

It did pretty well at the Box Office. The building was going up in May/June time so you would think that the IP was nailed on before the film was even released.

It appears as an odd IP to use. It doesn't fit within the Far West theme and while the movie did financially well, the reviews were more negative/mixed than positive. Maybe it was a hit with the Spanish people?

The games series is of course renowned, so perhaps they are betting on the popularity of gaming fans, despite it being themed around the movie. This seems like a very Merlin thing to go for. PortAventura is good at theming, so at least when it's time for Unchartered to go, PA will theme it nicely to something else.

Anyways, animatronic Tom Holland did I hear? 👀
As much as I am fond of TH, he is not Nathan Drake for me. Though he filled out well for the role indeed! 👀 Mark Wahlberg was also a poor casting choice. Yikes that film was badly made considering how long it was in development hell.

Quite excitingly Sally Dark Rides have also confirmed they're working on the Uncharted coaster as well. (confirmed on their Facebook page).
Never heard of them, but they've got a great website and a strong portfolio.

They've got Alton Towers listed as a client... what did they do at Towers? The Duel blasters? Or the UV repaint maybe? I can't see any examples on their site.

Never heard of them, but they've got a great website and a strong portfolio.

They've got Alton Towers listed as a client... what did they do at Towers? The Duel blasters? Or the UV repaint maybe? I can't see any examples on their site.

Well it’s going back a bit, but here you go.