• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

PortAventura: General Discussion

Tbh Farrari land may be expendable if Universal took over , red force could become a broom stick ride to catch the snitch ….. and would allow enough space to be rebuilt as a hogwarts park

Surely looking on google maps the whole park is surround by waste land if they wanted to expand, especially towards the bottom of the park near Shambala.
It’s quite a steep drop off that side. I’m sure if the money was there, they could defintiely purchase a lot of the land in the area, but shoring up the two exisiting parks should be a priority for any operator

There’d be no space for Hogwarts itself without removing Hurakan Condor if you did that, I thought El Diablo was far more expendable than the tallest drop tower in Europe
Only suggesting using the landscapes elevation to their advantage. The locations could stay the same.

The plot thickens... in the Bloomberg press release for the new Universal attractions in Texas and Las Vegas, Universal rather intriguingly stated that they had theme park business in Spain:

I also have a further question. If Universal does go ahead with re-acquiring PortAventura, will their expansion into Europe necessarily stop there? I'm not expecting a full-fledged Universal Studios park to be built anywhere else in Europe if PortAventura is acquired, as that would likely be their flagship European resort, but could we possibly see something similar to the upcoming family theme park in Texas, or the Halloween Horror Nights attraction in Las Vegas, built elsewhere in Europe?

Last edited:
I think it makes the most sense to spend a few years perfecting Port Aventura and its hotels - perhaps turning the walkway/road that you walk up to enter the park into a CityWalk type area. Then a larger third gate expansion of an Epic Universe style park with Harry Potter, Mario etc. I think this makes way more sense than stuffing in Harry Potter in Port Aventura park where it won’t fit very well. There’s definitely an appatite for another park that has the current Universal park IP’s and I could see a Harry Potter land (and others) doing incredibly well. What happens to Ferrari Land, I’m not too sure. While Port Aventura park feels incredibly Universal, Ferrari Land is an outlier and would feel very strange. I think it would be best if it gets rethemed and somehow just turned into an expansion of the main park, if at all possible.

Last edited:
I've not checked only seen this flash up yet apparently the whole 2023 season for ferrari land is on these hours....interesting... perhaps most go in on their way out so they have adjusted times for this.

Or is it a reflection that the park has always been isolated from the main, separate tickets/entry..I can't help yet think this is cost cutting over poor numbers for FL itself.

Also means night rides on red force perhaps... source portaventura and salou for bits ( Facebook page )

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230219_183915_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230219_183915_Facebook.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Ferrari Land needs some more rides in it, after opening with a pitiful number in 2017 they then opened all the kids rides in 2018. Which really looked like them scrambling to add anything.

They need something big and new ASAP.

Ferrari Land needs some more rides in it, after opening with a pitiful number in 2017 they then opened all the kids rides in 2018. Which really looked like them scrambling to add anything.

They need something big and new ASAP.
At the risk of covering old ground ... I really don't think that they are trying to a create a full day experience at FL - at least in the short to medium term. The main PA park already does that in spades and FL serves as a nice 'top up' as something additional to do.

Unless they're going to expand into the car park further, it feels like that site was chosen and filled.

Opening into the evening seems like a good ideas to me.

Comparing Ferrariland’s original opening times to these is pretty demonstrative of how much of a flop this half-baked idea has been. I remember when its hours were longer than the main park, in more recent times it’s been 12-5 and now 4-10. I’d like to think people do recognise just how poor the park is when it’s stood right next to one of the best original theme park designs going.

It just baffles me how they thought cramming the “best bits” of Italy into one disjointed environment was going to be a success. Why not focus on creating authentic spaces that people can understand,, like the main park? There’s just so much wrong with FL, I think it is now a considerable task to fix it.

In contrast to the hotch-potch of FL, the bones of the main park are excellent. The original design and infrastructure continue to allow for significant expansion possibilities that flow much more naturally. The biggest issue (other than ops) is that some of the later additions not done by Universal have been poorly integrated - Rec where Sea Odyssey is ridiculous, Sesamo Aventura whilst reasonable ruins the flow of Polynesia and China and I won’t start on what an abomination Baco is dumped in the Mediterranea lagoon. It’s exciting to think that a Universal buy-out is probably the best chance we have of some of these issues being fixed.

As I say, the park also lends itself to expansion given how and where it was built. There is plenty of space that they own in the area to allow for the addition of more hotels, CityWalk and even a third gate.

I wouldn’t be too concerned at shows disappearing - they have always been an integral part of the park, both with and without Universal involvement, so I don’t see too much risk in that changing. Indeed it might offer some more integration into the areas’ themes than some of the shows which now feel to have lost their way. I’m thinking Bang Bang West, the Saloon Show and the production show in the Mexico/China theatre, which are all often disconnected to their themes and seem to be a product of years of ideas accumulating to create a bit of a mess of a production. Taking these back to basics would be a fantastic strategy to reinvigorate the show offering.

I think they do need to start by fixing the current problems, rather than major expansion immediately. There’s no reason why they couldn’t badge those changes as new attractions either.

We know they won't be, as details would need to have been on the planning application!

Great to see that PA are going to give the building a fully themed façade, it would have looked a tad out of place without one.
Very true actually! Give it 30 years and it will be covered by trees like Alton Manor 😂. will be great to have a new coaster at PA, been a while and gives a reason to go back this year, can’t wait for it to be full trains of fast pass and a 2 hour queue…