• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Potential New Universal UK Park

I'm wondering if they are waiting on some sort of announcement in the October budget regarding local infrastructure. An formal announcement could follow that

I'm wondering if they are waiting on some sort of announcement in the October budget regarding local infrastructure. An formal announcement could follow that
The national government won't announce any form of budget support until the project has been publicly green lit. The government also won't be paying for the local infrastructure improvements entirely themselves, they will want Universal to financially contribute to those regardless. We are MANY years off, if it happens at all. 2035.

What do people predict the pricing is going to be if this park opens?

I don't know how much the ones in the US cost but the Japanese and Singapore versions are fairly comparable to Merlin prices so i wonder if that will be what they'd aim for or if they'd start at a premium due to the IP like Disneyland Paris.

What do people predict the pricing is going to be if this park opens?

I don't know how much the ones in the US cost but the Japanese and Singapore versions are fairly comparable to Merlin prices so i wonder if that will be what they'd aim for or if they'd start at a premium due to the IP like Disneyland Paris.
They won't want to price themselves out of the local market, so will need to be very cautious about how they position themselves amongst their equivalent competitors / day out experiences. I can see them charging about 5% more than a Merlin park, initially, with the gap exponentially getting larger as the development expands, and when/if they no longer need to incentivise people through the door.

Sorry I can't give an exact pound sterling figure, but given that this is the best part of a decade away from probably happening, I can't accurately predict the inflation rate.

Edit: I can also see them incentivise visits and discounts for customers of other Comcast products too. Exclusive special prices if you're a Sky Mobile customer, for example.

Last edited:
given that this is the best part of a decade away from probably happening,

Seems a pessimistic outlook?

Comparable parks (eg Epic Universe, Universal Beijing or even Disneyland Paris if we are assuming this is a major theme park) have taken 4-5 years to build once announced so it's not unrealistic that this could open in 2030/31 if confirmed next year. Appreciate the UK doesn't have a good reputation for timely large scale projects but then this is a private endeavour.

Seems a pessimistic outlook?

Comparable parks (eg Epic Universe, Universal Beijing or even Disneyland Paris if we are assuming this is a major theme park) have taken 4-5 years to build once announced so it's not unrealistic that this could open in 2030/31 if confirmed next year. Appreciate the UK doesn't have a good reputation for timely large scale projects but then this is a private endeavour.
They're still negotiating a financial agreement with a new incoming government, one who keeps urging financial caution. I can't imagine that some sections of the public, or commentariat, would take too kindly to financial incentives given to a large US corporation; no matter how much it will add to the economy in the future, especially after telling us we all have to make sacrifices. This is all before we get to planning permissions, environmental studies and economic impact assessments. Construction will probably be the quickest part of the entire process, as long as the shortage of construction workers eases off a little by then.
2030 or 31 is realistic.
2030 and 2031 are still the best part of a decade away, 6 and 7 years respectively. "Best part of" usually means anything more than half.
Look at Everton's new stadium for example, delivered on time and on budget.
It's still under construction. It has yet to be delivered.

Last edited: