• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[202X] Project Horizon (SW9?): Planning Approved

John Wardley certainly hinted at something unique and industry changing. For it to be an indoor coaster it does certainly limit what they can do.

Could an Axis Coaster be the answer? Would that even be possible indoors?

For this week's Talbot Street Tuesday, I've added a page dedicated to Coaster Corner as it was in the 1980s, in case it is of any interest.

Here is an aerial shot of the area in 1986, after the 4 Man Bob was built (in the centre of the pic), but before the other coasters. At this point, Coaster Corner was the coach park, located south of the Bob.
52369299182_af3d507ef8_c.jpg

Exclusive!! Leaked footage of a model of the planned Coaster Cornerland area complete with area audio!

Maybe that's the reason Valhalla hasnt reopened yet! Merlin have stolen it from the Thompson family in the dead of night! They are hoarding it in a warehouse waiting to put it in!

Case. Cracked.
All very plausible theories, though I have my own for what SW9 could be if it is built on site! :p

After watching clips of the recent IAAPA Expo in London, I've noticed that Taziker, a British company please note, have now started to expand on their horizons for future track renewal work but also to build their own coasters in the long term. If we did get a coaster on site, it will be nothing special, as in nothing to sing about, 'but what would it's USP be?' I hear you ask. Simple...Worlds first fully British built steal Coaster for the 21st century! :p

Jokes aside, I'm actually genuinely impressed at their ambitions of where they might go and given the high export costs nowadays for shipping over Coaster parts, this could be something helpful for many UK theme parks especially the smaller ones. Honestly the more I think about and, sorry for going off topic here, but after Nemesis has gotten the retrack done, I'm suspecting that Vampire at Chessie might be the next for a track replacement program in which given Taziker have already done work on one Arrow Coaster at BPB in which their work would have not gone unnoticed by those in high places, who's to say Merlin might give them the nod for a similar program for Vampire? Certainly would save a lot of shipping costs from getting new track and equipment from the continent but I'm rambling.

Honestly though, the sooner we get further clue of how much of the area they want to develop, let alone what's going in there, can a lot of our speculative chats can find some footing.

Obviously take this with a massive pinch of salt - I am certainly not taking it seriously.

No joke - a staff member has been telling people its a Jurassic world themed coaster going in there.

I normally would just ignore this but wanted to log it for prosperity in case it comes true!

Staff members do love a good wind up, don't they?

For starters at this stage said staff member wouldn't even know what Towers are planning. And secondly, there is no way Universal are going to agree for Merlin to use one of their most popular IPs!

Obviously take this with a massive pinch of salt - I am certainly not taking it seriously.

No joke - a staff member has been telling people its a Jurassic world themed coaster going in there.

I normally would just ignore this but wanted to log it for prosperity in case it comes true!
Staff members do love a good wind up, don't they?

For starters at this stage said staff member wouldn't even know what Towers are planning. And secondly, there is no way Universal are going to agree for Merlin to use one of their most popular IPs!
Yep, the staff do like to take the p*** at times with guests and enthusiasts alike. I remember on Duel's last day the staff were apparently trolling the riders to take their last ride on it before it becomes Jumanji! :p

Yep, the staff do like to take the p*** at times with guests and enthusiasts alike. I remember on Duel's last day the staff were apparently trolling the riders to take their last ride on it before it becomes Jumanji! :p
As I say - in no way selling this - I would give it a very minor possibility of being true.

The only odd thing is they were telling non enthusiast family and friends (people who couldn't care less). So can't really be seen as a wind up - they will just look foolish if anything if/when it isn't. I suspect if anything it will other staff trolling the individual "leaker" with miss information.

Don't be silly, ride staff know nothing of developments. It's the hotel shop staff you need to speak to, they've got all the details!
I didn't say where the individual worked. I even didn't say they were Towers staff 😉 I won't say any more as even though its 0.5% likely to be true - I could be getting someone sacked.

I didn't say where the individual worked. I even didn't say they were Towers staff 😉 I won't say any more as even though its 0.5% likely to be true - I could be getting someone sacked.

It’s not even 0.5% likely. As Rob said It’s a Universal IP and Universal will not sell any rights to theme parks as they have their own.

Merlin have a deal with Sony Pictures so if you want to start looking for IP ideas I would look there.

The rumour of Merlin acquiring Carters Steam Fair has stuck with me. Imagine something like this, from Paddington 2, constructed in or around the building, alongside a dark ride or family coaster? Paddington himself could even blend nicely into Walliams World for a sort of children's literature corner....

1663763900264.png

The rumour of Merlin acquiring Carters Steam Fair has stuck with me. Imagine something like this, from Paddington 2, constructed in or around the building, alongside a dark ride or family coaster? Paddington himself could even blend nicely into Walliams World for a sort of children's literature corner....

1663763900264.png

Nice idea but I think this project is going to be aimed at the thrill market.