• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[202X] Project Horizon (SW9?): Planning Approved

When is the consultation taking place? It was meant to be on Monday wasn't it but with the funeral taking place I assume that's no longer the case.
I would assume that Towers will send out a new flyer to locals' houses with the new date on, so again we'll only know if one of them posts a pic of it on social media.

The unfounded speculation is getting a bit tedious now. We'll have a sort of consultation in all likelihood within the next 3-4 weeks and the park will explain a bit about what they would like to do, and in what area, if possible. They'll ask for feedback and will look to paint as positive a picture as possible (understandably). They will/should also be revealing what kind of attraction they would be likely to put inside the mentioned building. I doubt that it would be sufficient to just say that 'We're constructing a massive building opposite the top of the village but we're going to keep it a secret what we're putting in there and it's potential for noise'.

I know I'm being a miserable git (fair cop), but I'd much rather see peoples illustrated imagined plans for what might happen in the area, however badly they may be presented. I would try, but my graphic skills on the PC are pretty bad.

Just thought I would add that, sorry... :)

Haha - true, but you get my point.

I really want the park to get a water coaster but I don’t think SW9 will be it - that’s even if this development is SW9 related!

It's pretty certain this is SW9 and I'm also fairly confident that we're getting get intamin ride linked a few pages back.

I hate this stage of a major project. We know nothing realistically so speculation is pointless.

It's pretty certain this is SW9 and I'm also fairly confident that we're getting get intamin ride linked a few pages back.

I hate this stage of a major project. We know nothing realistically so speculation is pointless.
Which Intamin ride are you on about, out of interest?

Each to their own and all, but I personally find a good bit of speculation quite fun! Yes, it’s a ultimately a bit pointless, but to me it’s all part of the fun of following a big project, and it’s also fun to compare your personal theories with other people’s, for my money!

Have the people pushing for water coasters actually ridden one? I've done Mack, KumbaK and Intamin ones and they're all fundamentally flawed beasts. The best of the ones I have done are Speed and ASS and that's because the do minimal in the way of corners and because Speed is quite quick

Which Intamin ride are you on about, out of interest?

Each to their own and all, but I personally find a good bit of speculation quite fun! Yes, it’s a ultimately a bit pointless, but to me it’s all part of the fun of following a big project, and it’s also fun to compare your personal theories with other people’s, for my money!
I mean it's pointless in the sense really we all know as much as eachother we might as well be interviewing the ducks at towers seeing what they think about it, however nothing wrong with a bit of speculation as that's all we really can do at this stage.

Will be interesting to see if anyone gets it bang on though.

I mean it's pointless in the sense really we all know as much as eachother we might as well be interviewing the ducks at towers seeing what they think about it, however nothing wrong with a bit of speculation as that's all we really can do at this stage.

Some on here might be "in the know", for all we know... you can never make any guarantees about people's sources on an Alton Towers fansite!
Have the people pushing for water coasters actually ridden one? I've done Mack, KumbaK and Intamin ones and they're all fundamentally flawed beasts. The best of the ones I have done are Speed and ASS and that's because the do minimal in the way of corners and because Speed is quite quick
I'll admit my level of support for a water coaster at Towers has fallen having ridden some more of them. I was initially a very keen advocate for one, but I'm not sure I'm that keen on the idea these days.

I think the concept of the water coaster is excellent, but I haven't been overly enamoured with the execution on any of the ones I've done. Journey to Atlantis (the SeaWorld Orlando version) and Poseidon were both pretty rough in their coaster sections, and Atlantica, while perfectly smooth, just fell a bit flat for me. Neither of the drops really provided much sensation, and the airtime hill also gave no airtime.

I also feel that it wouldn't suit our climate overly well to have such a major coaster be a water ride that only really appeals to the majority of people on the hottest days.

I'm afraid the ducks were made to sign non disclosure agreements at the start of the summer.
Three Mallard left in a flurry of soft down.

Are you talking about the Motion Tower?

If so, I think it would be too tall unfortunately.

Are you talking about the Motion Tower?

If so, I think it would be too tall unfortunately.

That's something i could see towers going for imo.

Seeing the popularity of LLW Flying Theatre I could defiantly see them going along those lines.

Though doesn't look like it holds much capacity and would certainly have a small throughput P/H

DarKoaster's capacity would be insufficient for a major attraction at Alton Towers. The ride only operates with two 10 passenger trains.

This is not to say that some sort of other indoor coaster could not work though. Something like Revenge of the Mummy is what I'm hoping for but we shall see.