• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[202X] Project Horizon (SW9?): Planning Approved

I’d have assumed that Shawn has a very good relationship and contacts with many of the parks he frequently visits. Remember how in a video about Duel quite a few months back he was mentioning about various props being suddenly placed within the building and hinting that it was going to be getting a refurb, that was the first that many of heard of that idea.

I’d definitely think that it very possible he may well know quite a bit about what various parks may have planned for the future and what he can hint to viewers or reveal to them. Many parks work with him by offering him tickets to visit and invites to promotional events and media days, etc. I could certainly see him being given a few hints on what is going on behind the scenes.

As for Project Horizon, we were speculating that it could be a dark ride, a coaster, or some form of flying theatre type attraction. An Arthur style coaster has certainly been a popular suggestion here granted but I wouldn’t necessarily have called a coaster a reasonable assumption myself.

There is to much Shawn on this forum as it is so i dont want to drag the conversation on any further. but there is a major difference between giving free tickets in exchange for free advertising as opposed to disclosing plans to the next major investment.

He may well know, but I doubt it. If he does he can't disclose it to us anyway.

And you could also say its a reasonable assumption it will be a dark ride.....or a flying theatre. Its not like they are beyond the realms of possibility.

Maybe Shawn is telling the truth and knows more than he is letting on, as with Duel, but can only just hint at what it might be. Ofc, only when we see the size of the building and if there is going to be coaster in there can we say that he was right.

Maybe Shawn is telling the truth and knows more than he is letting on, as with Duel, but can only just hint at what it might be. Ofc, only when we see the size of the building and if there is going to be coaster in there can we say that he was right.

I would suspect the plans will tell us soon anyway as to what type of attraction it is.

You'll also be laughing when Bosch the ride is unveiled

Ahh so as I suspected, this is not the full planning application. It is EIA Screening Opinion application, which is what we saw for the original SW8 project that was going to be around Forbidden Valley.

Wow! 20m is 65.6ft, which is very tall for a dark ride… I’m reckoning some sort of indoor family coaster having heard that bit of info.

For some idea, that is also too tall for a flying theatre, as Sky Lion’s building was listed as 13m/42.7ft tall in its planning application.

It could still be a dark ride (for an example of a tall dark ride building, TransFormers at USF has a tall building due to it using elevators to move vehicles between two floors during the ride), but I personally reckon an indoor coaster is more likely given that this building is the same height as some of the SW coasters (Thirteen’s lift hill is 20m tall, as is Wicker Man’s).

Wow! 20m is 65.6ft, which is very tall for a dark ride… I’m reckoning some sort of indoor family coaster having heard that bit of info.

For some idea, that is also too tall for a flying theatre, as Sky Lion’s building was listed as 13m/42.7ft tall in its planning application.

It could still be a dark ride (for an example of a tall dark ride building, TransFormers at USF has a tall building due to it using elevators to move vehicles between two floors during the ride), but I personally reckon an indoor coaster is more likely given that this building is the same height as some of the SW coasters (Thirteen’s lift hill is 20m tall, as is Wicker Man’s).
Unlikely be an Intamin Motion Tower either, as that is 29 metres (there is still the possibility of them digging down though, so I won't completely rule it out yet). Definitely agree that a family coaster is more likely (Mack Suspended Powered Coaster please!).

How does this compare in size to Duel, Hex, etc
Duel, Towers’ largest dark ride building, is about 3,000m2 in area, so this is about 1/3 larger in ground space according to the application. I wouldn’t mind betting that 20m tall (the listed height) is also getting on for double the height of Duel; Duel can’t be much more than 10m tall.

The height of the building makes me think it's an indoor coaster even more.

1000% percent.

The park doesn't need anymore dark rides. HH being rethemed, Hex back open, Gangster Granny fairly new and then there's Sub Terra which will hopefully come back at some point too. Also the boat ride in Charlie Building will be used again at some point too perhaps.

An Axis Coaster themed to Space. That's my bet. Black Hole VIBES for us oldies.

The park doesn't need anymore dark rides. HH being rethemed, Hex back open, Gangster Granny fairly new and then there's Sub Terra which will hopefully come back at some point too. Also the boat ride in Charlie Building will be used again at some point too perhaps.

They could always do with more dark rides in general as the park needs more all-ages attractions, but I would say that the conversion of Dungeons back to a dark ride is the better option.
In terms of a coaster this needs to be something closer to Black Hole in thrill level as again the park needs lots more for kids too old for CBeebies but too short for Nemesis.