• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Queue Line Conversations

Bethany

TS Member
Picture this.
You're in Air's queue, and you're an hour away from the station. You're only with one other person, so there isn't a lot to talk about, apart from how awesome Blivvy was a few hours ago.
A group of 16-18 year olds are unfortunatley standing behind you. They try to make conversation. What do you do?

My experience was this exact scenario.

They asked where we were from. We kept silent. They asked again. I said "Wales" (which is true). They took the mick, putting on the most stereotypical Welsh accent I've ever heard. They asked what happens on Air itself, so I automatically facepalmed and pointed to the above track and said, "THAT, my friend, is what happens.". A very dumb, "Ooooooooh yeaaaaah!" was their reply.
The conversation took off then to them taking the mick out of two 12 year olds (me and my friend).

Anyone else been in similar situations?

I was in a similar situation once, but then I realised what ride I was queuing for and found something else to do!

When I was walking up the Flume queue with two others once, a guy behind me tried to tell me that I dropped something and then cut ahead. Then all of us cut in front of him and we started to taunt them as they were in the boat behind us on the ride. It may not seem the right thing to do but God we were angry!

I have the welsh thing too, beth.

In queueline for nemesis, when the bloke behind us smoking a "herbal" roll up. asked where we where from. I replied "the Wales, Shropshire border" blokes say " so you **** (have sex with) sheep for a living" without missing a beat, one of my mates replies " No, I work for the police national anti drugs unit, now about your cigarette (bloke looks very worried) put it out, smoking in queue is not on. and that cigarette is 10 times worse"

I pointed out to my mate that impersonating a cop is an offence. his reply, "did i say i was, i could be a civilian contractor."

delta79 said:
I have the welsh thing too, beth.

In queueline for nemesis, when the bloke behind us smoking a "herbal" roll up. asked where we where from. I replied "the Wales, Shropshire border" blokes say " so you **** (have sex with) sheep for a living" without missing a beat, one of my mates replies " No, I work for the police national anti drugs unit, now about your cigarette (bloke looks very worried) put it out, smoking in queue is not on. and that cigarette is 10 times worse"

I pointed out to my mate that impersonating a cop is an offence. his reply, "did i say i was, i could be a civilian contractor."
That. Is. Brilliant!

On the most recent 'Traveller Day' (before anyone wishes to try and criticize my use of such a phrase, don't. It's already been discussed to high heaven!), a rather large group of Travellers were either side of me & my friend in the queue for Air. They were shouting things over us, throughout the whole 1hour queue, to their other 'bezzies'. At one point, I was asked why I had an Alton Towers pinbadge on my jacket, at which point I said I visited often. They then saw my MAP Capsule, and demanded to know where I got it from, how much for, and why is it so big, resulting in them taking it out of my bag pouch on the side to show their friends (they wasn't stealing it as such, just showing it to their 'crew').
After they tried (and failed) many times to start a conversation about various different things, I think they realised we wasn't going to speak, nor let them past! They were crude & vulgar, and loud!

Also, in the same queue in summer, a group of four teenagers, between the ages of 12-16, tried pushing past in the queueline at many different points, after making a loud whispered 'moan' when I walked 'too slow'. I turned around and pointed out I wasn't going to rush right up to the people in front, when we would get no further forward whatever the speed I walked at. It shut them up.
They carried on trying to push past, and as we reached the front row split on Air, they wormed their way around, thinking they'd got away with it. We said nothing, and when we were in the station, told a ride host, who had them removed from the station to join the back of the queue.

Fantastic!

I like to stay quiet in queue's :) A game of angry birds, a check of the AT app :) But my friends don't! Queueing for N:ST in July, the first ride they'd ever queue for they went crazy.
Jumping up and down, dancing, shouting, asking the time, being basically annoying. I was so embarrassed, I had to apologise to the people behind us at several points, but they were nice, they understood. (Except for the woman in front of me who shouted at ME for tapping her back 10 times?!?! Noone was touching her!)

A couple of lads tried to push pass us in a queue once and I told them to get back behind us which they did. How stupid was I as this was the queueline for Tuk Tuk Turmoil at Chess and, of couse, the 2 lads got on at the same time as us. They made a point of trying to ram me and my 5 year old grandaughter head on as much as they could. Worried she would get hurt I was about to drive over to the ride attendant for sanctuary when my older grandsons, also in separate cars, saw what was happening and big brother protection went into overdrive.

Was once in a queue for the rapids when some small kids ducked under my group and a group of lads behind us. My group and the guys behind (who we didn't know) ended up in the same boat - the one after the queue jumping kids.

At the end of the ride, their boat got stuck and ended up on the lift behind ours so we got off the ride first. As we went past the guys who we didn't know started laughing at them and shouting 'that's karma' and stuff. Was epic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.