• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Queue Lines

Very interesting article below about Merlin's view on queue lines. Could we be seeing virtual queuing?

https://riderater.co.uk/9712/merlin-entertainments-looking-to-augment-queue-lines/
I don’t think that’s what the article refers to. It sounds more like the company wants to introduce elements to queues that guests can interact with through their phone, as a kind of game to play while they wait.

They’ve kind of done this already, in some contexts. For instance, I know Lego Mythica has/had some sort of interactive game.

I don’t think that’s what the article refers to. It sounds more like the company wants to introduce elements to queues that guests can interact with through their phone, as a kind of game to play while they wait.

They’ve kind of done this already, in some contexts. For instance, I know Lego Mythica has/had some sort of interactive game.
Yeah I see, I thought it would be one or the other. We could see it introduced with Project Amazon at Chessington, a Jumanji game?
Yeah, Mythica has like QR codes to scan I think or something similiar.

I'm happy for them to experiment with things like this to improve the experience so long as it's not used to cover up a badly designed queue line, especially the Smiler's which looks more like a Crocodile enclosure than a queue line.
Don't worry, no interactive phone game could possibly redeem that grimy cattle pen!

Is this so they can rent more phone charge packs? The only thing this serves to do is drain your battery.

Sounds like a recipe for disaster. Give us physical games, not virtual ones. Last time they tried to augment anything (Galactica)...well, look how that ended.