• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Quick Questions 2012

Danny said:
If I was to buy my MAP over the Christmas period, would I be able to collect it from Towers or would I have to wait until February?

Last year you could buy it over the Christmas period when it was on offer at Towers during their Santa sleepovers event. I got mine in January from the box office. You couldnt buy them online for the sale price last year, only in person.

So they only do the half price AP offers in person now?

That's the only way I have any chance of getting one this year.

:eek:

Not good.

In the Jan 2011 sale you could buy them online then collect them when ever you wanted (I got mine in March), but in the Jan 2012 sale you had to buy them in person, which meant it was valid from when you bought it (January) rather than when you collected it.

I have no idea if it will be the same this year if they have a sale.

TheMan said:
So they only do the half price AP offers in person now?

That's the only way I have any chance of getting one this year.

:eek:

Not good.

They were done only in person last year as well. If it's a MAP you're looking for though, you can always get them from other Merlin attractions like the SeaLife Centres etc :)

T said:
How much are the Merlin Annual Passes at the moment? I see here, half price? How much does that actually make it, if I were to travel to Towers to pick up one for a friend?

There's no half price sale at the moment, however there's usually one which starts in late December and goes on until a couple of weeks after New Year. A MAP standard will cost you £78 :)

T said:
How much are the Merlin Annual Passes at the moment? I see here, half price? How much does that actually make it, if I were to travel to Towers to pick up one for a friend?

EDIT:

As you were...

I know you changed the post, but you didn't have to say it was for a friend mate ;)

It's ok to admit you want an AP you know

;D

EDIT:
Did I mention how much I love you psycho lol?

TheMan said:
T said:

EDIT:

As you were...

I know you changed the post, but you didn't have to say it was for a friend mate ;)

;D
I already have a Standard MAP, and have never needed to upgrade to Premium, as I don't use the London attractions during August, and the car parking isn't an issue, as my main park is Alton, and they have never once cottoned on to the fact that upon leaving the park, I show them my STANDARD pass (with silver 'Standard' down the left hand side), only for them to raise the barrier, without any issue!

What offers are currently available for new passes?

T said:
TheMan said:
T said:

EDIT:

As you were...

;D
I already have a Standard MAP, and have never needed to upgrade to Premium, as I don't use the London attractions during August, and the car parking isn't an issue, as my main park is Alton, and they have never once cottoned on to the fact that upon leaving the park, I show them my STANDARD pass (with silver 'Standard' down the left hand side), only for them to raise the barrier, without any issue!

What offers are currently available for new passes?

All that I know of now is the 10% online offer which brings a MAP standard down to £140.40 (from £156). I should say that the half price sale in the New Year is actually half price from that £156 so it's actually £78 not £70 as I mentioned before (sorry :p)

You can also go down the classic Tesco voucher route, but that will have required extensive shopping at Tesco in order to gain the necessary points for the MAP discount.

Personally I'd just wait until the sale - it's excellent value and there's no theme parks open that you're missing between now and then anyway (well, except the AT waterpark). :)

Just a quick question, I was just wondering how you get the merlin vip magazine through. Had it as an email but wouldn't mind it in papar base form ?? :)

josht said:
Just a quick question, I was just wondering how you get the merlin vip magazine through. Had it as an email but wouldn't mind it in papar base form ?? :)
u have to purchase a annual pass

Hover over the profile, under the navigation bar, and click on "Forum Profile".

To select an image, you have to select "Specify avatar by URL" and then copy the URL of the webpage the image is on into the option named "Personalised Picture".

If you want to use a picture from your computer, you have to upload it to a hosting website- such as Photobucket- and then by copying the URL of that.

josht said:

You may need to check your preferences you opted for when you bought your MAP. If you opted out of being contacted by post that could be why you're only receiving an electronic copy. Might be best to go to the MAP site and drop them an email requesting to go on the mailing list :)

Ian said:
josht said:

You may need to check your preferences you opted for when you bought your MAP. If you opted out of being contacted by post that could be why you're only receiving an electronic copy. Might be best to go to the MAP site and drop them an email requesting to go on the mailing list :)
Ah brilliant thank you :)

Will the resort box office be open around new years time? Just because there isn't any Christmas stuff going on, was looking to pick up my annual pass.