• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Just wondering if anyone had any advice regarding starting a career within the industry? My dream career would be something to do with the operational side/guest experience. I’m just not sure where to start as their doesn’t seen to be as many obvious career paths as there are for other professions :)
Follow the carers at Alton towers Facebook page as well as keep checking http://altontowersjobs.com

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

I would look at getting experience, even if it's just seasonal work in rides, retail, etc. It gives you a feel for what the job entails, whether you'd enjoy it, and you get to see the challenges and rewards it brings.

Plus that experience is really valuable. It seems like one of those industries where people progress from within... starting at ground level and working up the ranks

Is there no better way than to save the photos individually on the Picsolve app after the changes on data protection? I have 100’s!
(disclaimer I'm the developer)
You could use the ParkPlanr app on Android to save all to your device, or the https://parkplanr.okonetwork.org.uk website to save all to Google drive and or Dropbox.
The cloud downloader can do it automatically daily as well as when ParkPlanr adds any digipass photos for you.
Yep, you can add you digipass to ParkPlanr once and it will automagically claim any photos on it for you.

Hi guys. Just wanted to ask; was there an incident on The Flume about 6 or 7 years ago, out of interest? Was only asking because when I was reading through a past thread on this forum about a past Monorail incident in 2012, someone mentioned an incident on Rita and an incident on The Flume with relation to "is Alton's poor maintenance of their ride systems catching up with them?" I'm presuming the Rita incident refers to the cable snappage that caused the tunnel to be built under the launch track, but I never knew about any Flume (or Monorail prior to reading the thread, for that matter!) incident prior to today. Anyone know any more?

I'm sure there was a flume incident some time ago, I seem to remember reading about it too.
I remember reading about one where a boy exited the boat as it was climbing the lift hill on Wikipedia, but that one was dated 2014 and has now been swiftly removed. The topic I was reading was dated 2012, so said Flume incident must have occurred prior to or in 2012.

There was an "incident" at least a decade back, where a boat got stuck in the tunnel, and another boat came down the drop and thwacked in to the back of it. I believe at least one poor rider got a rather bloody nose.

I don't recall the gutter press mentioning it at all, though...

I remember years ago hearing about a staff member who was seriously injured when they fell and got trapped between a boat and the turntable. I think that was the Rapids though. I don't remember the details

Not sure where to put this so I thought here.

Has anybody been on Duel lately? I’m curious, have Towers Loving Care lived up to their promise of ongoing TLC in regards to the flying heads and the trommel?

Not sure where to put this so I thought here.

Has anybody been on Duel lately? I’m curious, have Towers Loving Care lived up to their promise of ongoing TLC in regards to the flying heads and the trommel?
Duel as a whole seemed a lot better this year but there are plenty of people who think the complete opposite.

Just watched TPWW's video from Cedar point and noticed Shawn was wearing a glasses strap so he can keep his glasses on while riding coasters. Does Alton allow those kind of straps? I always have to take my glasses off (except on Wicker Man) which ruins the experience a little as everything is a little blurred!

Just watched TPWW's video from Cedar point and noticed Shawn was wearing a glasses strap so he can keep his glasses on while riding coasters. Does Alton allow those kind of straps? I always have to take my glasses off (except on Wicker Man) which ruins the experience a little as everything is a little blurred!

Yes, Alton Towers do allow strap ons for glasses.

:)

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.