• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I know what the clearance envelop is on sit down/inverted coasters. On flying coasters does it take into account the craft traveling around the track in the none flying position? I do know it extremely unlikely that both craft locks will fail on the same row.
That's probably as likely to happen as a restraint releasing.

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk

I vaguely remember hearing (years ago) that there was clearance, though I'm not sure how that would actually work in practice on the two half twists. No idea if there's any truth to that TBH.

I know what the clearance envelop is on sit down/inverted coasters. On flying coasters does it take into account the craft traveling around the track in the none flying position? I do know it extremely unlikely that both craft locks will fail on the same row.
The safety envelope on Air / Galactica certainly does allow for this extremely unlikely possibility. The odds of both locking bolts failing on the same row are practically zero (and the row will be held in slightly wobbly place on just one bolt).

A few years back, it was possible to touch part of the Nemesis monster as you go into the inversion over the station. You had to be on the offload side of the train and know just the angle to stretch your arm out at. It hurt too. This was why part of the monster was rather un-ceremoniously hacked away. You can't tell now due to the refurb / repaint the monster got as part of TLC.

Depends what you mean by "standing". The ride closed near the start of the 2005 season and was dismantled a year or two later but the the tent wasn't removed until the start of construction of Smiler in April 2012.

As an aside, I tried to use the TS history pages to check my facts, but the closing date is listed as 2004, 2005 and 2006 on various pages. Sort it out guys :p

Does anyone know if the enchanted village is closed in September? Fancying moving my splash booking to there but showing only tree houses available? And the prices are mental, thanks

If it’s not showing then it’s probably closed.

They seem to flip between closing the village and then splash. With ATH and cbeebies always open.

However it’s probably worth checking nearer the time as they do sometimes open the closed hotels if bookings have gone up.

I know the Sun discount code is out now for the hotels SUN19 but where do you actually go to use it? There is no promo code box on the alton towers website

So I'm going to towers with few mates on tuesday 18th June. It's a weekday but I don't know how many trips will be on. Do you think it'll be busy?

The date is not guaranteed though. They have been known to turn up at other weekends just to keep Alton Towers security on their toes.

Does anyone know how long a Ride Access Pass is valid for? Or do you have to reapply y every time you want to go.

Thanks

If you take a valid proof of documentation, you can get a number which is valid at all Merlin Theme Parks for normally one or two years.

Each time you go, if you give this number in you’ll be entitled to a RAP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you take a valid proof of documentation, you can get a number which is valid at all Merlin Theme Parks for normally one or two years.

Each time you go, if you give this number in you’ll be entitled to a RAP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NOT LEGOLAND
The registration is split between Legoland and the other parks you have to register for each group seperatly

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.