• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
1) firstly I know is a touchy subject so just a simple yes or no is enough. Will travellers be on site for scarefest on the 30th October?
1. Not en masse, no, as the 30th is not the first Sunday of Scarefest. You may find one or two though.

2. As long as the child is under 3 years old (IIRC the age was moved down from 4 to 3 this year), then one of the turnstile staff members will issue you with a ticket for the child - no need to go to any of the pay kiosks.

:)

:p:cool::p
1. Not en masse, no, as the 30th is not the first Sunday of Scarefest. You may find one or two though.

2. As long as the child is under 3 years old (IIRC the age was moved down from 4 to 3 this year), then one of the turnstile staff members will issue you with a ticket for the child - no need to go to any of the pay kiosks.

:)

Thanks for that. First time posting and I'm getting more and more addicted to Alton towers now and afraid of becoming an enthusiast.

:p:cool::p

Thanks for that. First time posting and I'm getting more and more addicted to Alton towers now and afraid of becoming an enthusiast.
No worries. Glad to be of assistance. :)

(And there's nothing wrong with being an enthusiast!)

I'm getting more and more addicted to Alton towers now and afraid of becoming an enthusiast.
What's wrong with becoming an enthusiast? Relax, we've all been at that point, but look at some of the geeks on here now :p

But to answer your question regarding travellers, only the first weekend of scarefest and Easter Sunday have masses of them. Any day of scarefest is likely to have one or two , but tower's staff are great at dealing with any issues, and travellers don't tend to arrive at the park until quite late.

What's wrong with becoming an enthusiast? Relax, we've all been at that point, but look at some of the geeks on here now

But to answer your question regarding travellers, only the first weekend of scarefest and Easter Sunday have masses of them. Any day of scarefest is likely to have one or two , but tower's staff are great at dealing with any issues, and travellers don't tend to arrive at the park until quite late.
What day is the first Sunday? Planning a visit but want to avoid masses of travellers.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

What's wrong with becoming an enthusiast? Relax, we've all been at that point, but look at some of the geeks on here now :p

I know I'm secretly loving it haha. This forum is amazing spend ages to just reading all the posts and the Premium MAP is probably the best thing I've ever brought.

I'm too saying over on the 8th visiting the park both Saturday and Sunday. I do believe that the travellers do stay in the resort hotels that weekend.

I visited a few Halloweens ago when the travellers were there. Many were very well behaved and respectful. Unfortunately it was only a small handful of them that actually caused any trouble. The atmosphere where they gathered outside the Towers ruins were where it was at it worst. However the rest of the park seemed to be deserted. It seemed like they rather remain in the big group by the towers as oppose to being on the rides. The police presence did reassure us that help wasn't too far away if anything did kick off.

The problem with not having the first Halloween week during term time has left me not knowing which weekend is the best to visit and left me with little choice in dates where the park is going to be at it quietest. So I've booked up a couple of the scarefest weekends as a trial and error to see which weekend is the best to maximise my stay for future scarefest events. Hopefully next year they will reinstate the first week of the scarefest during the term time. But I doubt it.

The travellers tend to stay in the hotels and use all the facilities. There's an increased security presence at the hotels also (not just the theme park).

With scarefest being done differently, is there a chance travellers will go on the 16th instead of the 9th?
It's hard to say, as Scarefest has never been done like this before. I would say there's a possibility they could be there en masse on either of those dates. If this is your annual trip, I would definitely suggest moving it to another day during Scarefest. :)

It's hard to say, as Scarefest has never been done like this before. I would say there's a possibility they could be there en masse on either of those dates. If this is your annual trip, I would definitely suggest moving it to another day during Scarefest. :)

It'll be my 4th visit of the year, only really going to do the mazes and the tickets we're using were free with the sun. Just abit wary because of the rep the travellers get.

It'll be my 4th visit of the year, only really going to do the mazes and the tickets we're using were free with the sun. Just abit wary because of the rep the travellers get.
If you're going to do the mazes, I hear that on traveller days they are a lot more tame, because the actors don't want to get on the wrong side of the travellers. This is what I've heard, anyway, as I don't do the mazes. :)

Which is the best Sunday to do scarefest this year ? I know it's completely new so no one can be certain, but which Sunday will be the best for queues (and quality of mazes). Don't mind travellers, unless like @Burbs says it affects the actors. Thanks.

Anyone know the cost of express parking with a premium season pass?
Going with a car full and the lazy sods don't want to do the monorail!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.