• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Anyone know why when they run oblivion on one station they run 5 shuttles. Leading to 3 stacked shuttles and a long wait to get back to the station?

They don't ever have enough staff to run two stations. Simple

Oh and 5 shuttles ... Well why not. They have them so may as well use them :rolleyes:

Not sure if the right group but it is a question. Planning on going scarefest, but wont know until later if i can go. Usually go and stay at Chained Oak BnB. Just in case that is full has anyone ever stayed at The Laurels. Is it any good?

Question... I got one of those Priority passes left over from last year when a ride broke down, its the shiny cardboard type ones with no date on them, and it says I can get priority access to certain rides, such as Spinball, but also says the Flume. I'm just wondering if I could use it this year - like I say, its not dated.... thoughts?

I've got a couple from last year when I got evacuated from Oblivion. They are supposed to be use on the day of issue. As it was the end of the day and by the time I got evacuated, all the rides were now closed. I was told that I could use them on my next visit. I've still not used mine from last year and I'm waiting to use mine on a busy day. If they say anything, just say that you got evacuated on the last ride of the day on your last visit last year and that you were told that you can use them on your next visit, they don't need to know that this is the earliest that you could have visit since they were handed to you ;)

Roughly how long have single rider queues been on weekdays during the summer holidays? I'm going tomorrow with my friend and our little boys, primarily for CBeebies Land but I'm hoping for a quick ride on The Smiler if possible!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Single rider queue was walk on last time I used it, a week last thursday, it was dry, but it had been raining all morning.
Previous visit was about five minutes.
Nemesis and Oblivion have been walk on from the main queue during the afternoon most days.

Reactions: Amy
Smiler SRQ seems to be pretty much walk on (if there is a waiting time for the SRQ, I would say you will be waiting no more than 15 minutes, If the SRQ is queuing outside the station then you are looking to be waiting for over 20mins) . I've never bothered with Nemesis as I like to ride front row so I can't say on that. Oblivion is a strange one, the main queue seems pretty much walk on and can be just as quick as the SRQ. I suppose it depends on how the ride host is filtering the dispatch bays. 13 SRQ can also be very quick too.

My general rule is, if there is a big queue in the SRQ line, then the main queue could be quicker. I think you should be OK tomorrow. You should get plenty of rides in. I went last Monday and I manage to down load 42 on-ride photos for the day using my annual digi pass :)

Last edited:
I won't be getting many rides in tomorrow because that's just not what this day is for. But I've been that many times so I can't complain. Just hoping to get one quick ride on The Smiler to get my fix! I'll be going again soon anyway.

Couple of single rider questions:
  1. If the smiler had a long normal queue, but a short SRQ, is there anything to stop me from joining the SRQ, but running into the regular queue at the baggage hold?
  2. What rides have SRQ? I knew about smiler, but I've just seen oblivion and th13teen mentioned (also, where are the entrances?)
  3. What rides are worth it? Tried dragon's fury SRQ (in rain operations) the other day as it used to be quite fast moving, but they were only loading two to a car, and if they had a three, they just called another three forward instead of someone from the SRQ, meaning it didn't move at all.

1. Nothing if the staff don't catch you. I've seen it in reverse when single riders queuing in the normal queue suddenly joining the SRQ at the baggage due to the signs above the stairs. I wouldn't advocate that as queue jumping can get you ejected from the park. I just wounder where the ejector seat is kept? :eek: I just want to add that the queues are held at a holding point just before the baggage and the SRQ are usually let through once a group of normal queue have passed the baggage point. So usually you are being watched as the SRQ go through, however I've seen people in the SRQ (after the holding point) go back down the stairs and sneak around the bottom of the stairs and then back up the stairs into the normal queue. I myself am 100% not guilty of this.
2. 13, Spinball, Oblivion, Smiler, Nemesis, I think that is about it nowadays. Apart from Nemesis which is next to the exit queue the others are next to the entrances. I not sure if Nemesis have a SRQ anymore.
3. Spin ball was great during wet weather as maximum riders was 3, now it's apparently down to maximum of 2 in wet weather. SRQ are great if the SRQ queue is small. I've been in SRQ before when someone joins the main queue the same time as me entering the SRQ and then over taken me, other days it goes the other way.

Last edited:
Nemesis no longer has a SRQ.

Entrance to Th13teen and Oblivion SRQs is via the Fastrack entrance. Just follow the signs :)

Is the car park barrier usually down or up when leaving from the hotels mid-afternoon?

Is the car park barrier usually down or up when leaving from the hotels mid-afternoon?

Could be either, but it's a different barrier to the ones used in the theme park car parks. It's not at issue though as if its down you just show them your room card and they let you out.

Barriers always seem to be up late on the day after everyone has gone home. It doesn't matter to me as I get it free with pmap anyway but twice this year I've got back to the car park so late all the staff have gone home and left the barriers up.

Hi guys I have two questions.
1) firstly I know is a touchy subject so just a simple yes or no is enough. Will travellers be on site for scarefest on the 30th October?
2) if I have an infant (which are free) do I still need a ticket as me and partner are MAP holders?

Thanks in advance.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.