• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
Don't know about House of Monsters but it'll print tickets for The Welcoming separately. I booked for a group of 8 for this coming Sunday, 2 of which are Pass Holders so I had 6 entrance tickets printed, 8 scaremaze tickets printed and 8 The Welcoming tickets - 22 pages in total!! :eek:
Please put them somewhere safe so you don't forget them! :)

I just did this. I created a folder in my email app for the email Towers send you after your purchase for quick access when I'm on park. I just open the email app, go in to the folder, open the email, touch 'view my tickets' and it takes you to the page pictured.

The page has all my tickets in collapsible list form as shown, just touch the arrow on the right and the ticket barcode comes up on the screen. No messing around with box offices or carrying around loads of bits of paper! All a physical ticket is is a paper copy of the exact same barcode from your phone screen.
2ff4213b406f5cc9613dc7f8d21a6283.jpg

I just did this. I created a folder in my email app for the email Towers send you after your purchase for quick access when I'm on park. I just open the email app, go in to the folder, open the email, touch 'view my tickets' and it takes you to the page pictured.

The page has all my tickets in collapsible list form as shown, just touch the arrow on the right and the ticket barcode comes up on the screen. No messing around with box offices or carrying around loads of bits of paper! All a physical ticket is is a paper copy of the exact same barcode from your phone screen.
A very sensible and clever idea! :)

Brilliant, I'll keep my fingers cross that your phone just don't suddenly die on you ;)

I printed mine off and guess what? They wouldn't scan on two out of the three mazes, which meant that I had to wait a good 15 minutes for someone to come down and authorise my tickets. I wasn't the only one with home printed tickets that wouldn't scan :rolleyes:

Brilliant, I'll keep my fingers cross that your phone just don't suddenly die on you ;)

I printed mine off and guess what? They wouldn't scan on two out of the three mazes, which meant that I had to wait a good 15 minutes for someone to come down and authorise my tickets. I wasn't the only one with home printed tickets that wouldn't scan :rolleyes:
Thought of that as well. The other half is with me and her phone is only months old so her battery lasts ages. So I could just log in to my email account on hers.

The problem with barcodes is its highly dependant on the printer and the paper they're printed on as to whether they scan or not. Slight blurring of the lines makes them harder to scan. Also, Towers seem to use aging Symbol handheld units with lasers not great for reading barcodes. Most more modern units use LED's to light up the area the barcode is scanning so the laser can more easily define the lines of the code.

The number they issue with the code, isn't the barcode number either! So they can't just enter it manually.

Why they couldn’t have just kept the paper tickets and used a pen to cross off the maze you had done .. can’t beat good old fashioned technology
Paper and a pen

That is what they resulted to in the end, just writing on my ticket to say which maze and what time I did them. But having to wait an extra 15 minutes to get them to decide to use a pen and paper really defeated the object of having them printed off at home in the first place as it was meant to save time and messing around at the box office :rolleyes:

Since I can't find the how busy/empty/full of teddy guts stolen from the games stall currently invoking shy, sorrowful guilt towards the poor sod who is currently giving you the starving orphan routine from said game stall, topic!
What's lightly to be more crowded, the
23rd-27th or the 30th-31st? Of October.

(obviously)

There is never any guarantee what days will be the busiest. But I would say at a guess that the 23rd to the 27th will probably the more likely to be the busiest with most kids of school.

30th-31st most kids will be back at school (unless there is a teachers training day) so should be not too busy, I hear the locals tend to come on the Halloween evening after school, but still shouldn't be as busy as the half term week.

I will say that when I went on Sunday and Monday just gone, all the rides were walk on, but the dispatching was very slow, still took me around 15 minutes on average to get on and off the main rides. Often sending around empty cars before filling loading up, very slow to check the harnesses and then left sitting on the brake runs. On the positive side, they were sending the RMT around three times

Roughly, when does the school break end?

Depends on the school and area.

Most schools go back to school on the Monday 30th Oct.

Some schools go back on the Tuesday due to having the Monday as a inset day

Other area's start their half term on the Monday 30th

In other area's like Scotland they have their half term on Monday 16th October

Some private schools are having 2 weeks off going back to school on the 6th November

Despite all the above, the week of the 23rd will still be the busiest compared to the following week. But then again guest gate numbers can still be very much unpredictable.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.