• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
1. Is the monorail always closed at the moment? I'm going on Monday and will be furious if I have to walk from and back to the car park!

2. Is the Skyride open lately? Not essential, but I'm always furious if it's closed.

3. Are (what's left of) the open rides running at very reduced capacity in order to build up queues? Park closes at 4.30pm on Monday and I will be furious if the place is dead but I still have to buy Fastrack!

1. Is the monorail always closed at the moment? I'm going on Monday and will be furious if I have to walk from and back to the car park!
It seems to be broken a lot of the time, especially in the mornings, but they're always working on it and it usually opens at some point later on in the morning. Not ideal though really.

2. Is the Skyride open lately? Not essential, but I'm always furious if it's closed.
All my trips this season have seen it open. :)

3. Are (what's left of) the open rides running at very reduced capacity in order to build up queues? Park closes at 4.30pm on Monday and I will be furious if the place is dead but I still have to buy Fastrack!
A lot of the rides are on reduced capacity, but there's not really any need to put them on higher capacity due to the park being so quiet. On week day it should be fine, the issue is weekends when the park genuinely is busy and you have the likes of Oblivion on 1 station with a 50 minute queue like it was today.

:)

It seems to be broken a lot of the time, especially in the mornings, but they're always working on it and it usually opens at some point later on in the morning. Not ideal though really.

Always conveniently broken in the mornings for a bit of cost cutting eh lol.

All my trips this season have seen it open. :)

Excellent!

A lot of the rides are on reduced capacity, but there's not really any need to put them on higher capacity due to the park being so quiet. On week day it should be fine, the issue is weekends when the park genuinely is busy and you have the likes of Oblivion on 1 station with a 50 minute queue like it was today.

:)

Yeah I saw the queue times for today. Ridiculous!

Thank you! :)

Always conveniently broken in the mornings for a bit of cost cutting eh lol.
I think it was only my last 2 trips I saw it broken. The former didn't open at all until much later in the morning, and the latter had it open at about 9:30am. :)

From my trips this year the monorail does seem to have been broke a few times in the morning.

Skyride is a strange one as sometimes it's open straight away, yet other times it seems to open at 11am. I think during the week on a quiet day it could be 11.

In terms of capacity, on all my visits Rita and TH13TEEN have been on full capacity, Galactica now seems to be back to two stations three crafts and smiler is also running all three cars.

Oblivion has only operated on one station all season, and I have seen nemesis on one train as well, but only when the park has been proper dead!

I'm detecting a lot of repressed fury, @PeteB. ;)

I'm actually a very forgiving person, especially for smaller leisure businesses, but Towers just seem to know how to rub me up the wrong way. Think it's all down to Merlin's greed tbh haha!

But lets say I didn't have a premium annual pass. For what reason should I give Towers £6 to park a mile away from their park entrance which I then have to walk to? If the monorail is off, Nick Varney better get down there sharp'ish in his Bently, ready to chauffeur me to the gates. Otherwise that £6 stays in my pocket.

Maybe that's a new job they could hand out the management and marketing teams, since they do bugger all else.

From my trips this year the monorail does seem to have been broke a few times in the morning.

Skyride is a strange one as sometimes it's open straight away, yet other times it seems to open at 11am. I think during the week on a quiet day it could be 11.

In terms of capacity, on all my visits Rita and TH13TEEN have been on full capacity, Galactica now seems to be back to two stations three crafts and smiler is also running all three cars.

Oblivion has only operated on one station all season, and I have seen nemesis on one train as well, but only when the park has been proper dead!

Thanks! Doesn't sound too bad then, except for that monorail. Just been looking at the queue times app and although today looks quiet, yesterday The Smiler was hitting 60 minute queues.

Some questions about the DigiPass

1. How much is the DigiPass for a day guest?
2. How much is the DigiPass for MAP holders and is it an annual pass for MAP holders?

Some questions about the DigiPass

1. How much is the DigiPass for a day guest?
2. How much is the DigiPass for MAP holders and is it an annual pass for MAP holders?
I think it's £30 for a day pass and £50 for an annual DigiPass.
And I don't think you get any MAP discount

Don't forget that the 12 months digipass will also allow you to use at all the Merlin theme parks, Alton Towers, Thorpe Park, Chessington and Legoland regardless where ever you purchased it!

Roy :)
Makes the £30 a day seem well worthwhile when u think of it lol

It's a no brainer if you have a map.
30 quid fir one day 1 park or 50 notes all year all parks !
Still see plenty of peeps walking about with the yellow paper wrist bands on.
Picsolve are making a killing :)

It's a no brainer if you have a map.
30 quid fir one day 1 park or 50 notes all year all parks !
Still see plenty of peeps walking about with the yellow paper wrist bands on.
Picsolve are making a killing :)
Yes I got an annual one 1st day of the season works on next to nothing if u go a lot
Like u say Picsolve are killing it lol

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.