• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.
Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I was tempted a week ago to go for the 12 months Digipass, but what put me off was that is was only just for the theme parks. I would have gone for it if the 12 months one also included the London Eye, Dungeons, Madame Tussaudes, Blackpool Tower, Seallife (outside of the theme parks) and Shrek experience. But unfortunately, these other attractions that I've just listed are not included :(

Roy :)

I was tempted a week ago to go for the 12 months Digipass, but what put me off was that is was only just for the theme parks. I would have gone for it if the 12 months one also included the London Eye, Dungeons, Madame Tussaudes, Blackpool Tower, Seallife (outside of the theme parks) and Shrek experience. But unfortunately, these other attractions that I've just listed are not included :(

Roy :)
I think theres a chance merlin/picsolve are taking this year as a trial. If it goes well, maybe they'll extend it to the midway attractions (not sure about Shrek though, most of the visitors bought one of the photo books). We'll see, but I think next year we'll either see more attractions, or more limitations on it depending on how it does

When I brought mine on opening weekend is was only £40 I've already got about 70 photos and only been to legoland and Alton
By the end of the year it would have been well worth it and I'd definitely be getting one next year

I don't think it will extend to all midways as I know not all of them have picsolve. Certainly a couple of years ago the Blackpool attractions weren't ran by Merlin.

I know if you stay at a park hotel you get the second day free on park tickets, is it the same for the water park? Or is it a small upgrade fee? Or just full price for a second day? Thanks.

I know if you stay at a park hotel you get the second day free on park tickets, is it the same for the water park? Or is it a small upgrade fee? Or just full price for a second day? Thanks.

yeah, if you book water park tickets with your hotel package you get 2 days for the price of 1.

Why does Alton not have an official account on the forum?
Logistically, it is difficult to respond as 'Alton Towers', each response would have to be carefully crafted as it would be the viewpoint of somebody on the Merlin payroll, rather than from Merlin itself. Therefore, you wouldn't be able to say anything of any value, or you'd have to run it through so many people, you wouldn't be able to respond with any frequency.

It is of course different with social media whereby each of the responses are just a variation on a theme. As far as enthusiasts go, it makes far more sense to engage through events and the like. There's no joy in them posting here...

Some senior staff members have accounts, or at least read what is said on some key topics - as do members of the wider Merlin business.

It's been many years since I stayed in the hotels, as I find them to be quite expensive, with nearby bed and breakfasts offering nicer rooms at affordable prices, but with all the 50% offers floating around I have decided to take the plunge next week.

I used to stay on resort fairly frequently, and I always remember breakfast being a bit of a pain. What is the current system? Do I have to book a breakfast slot, or can I just turn up? Can I eat in any of the restaurants for breakfast, or just at the hotel I'm staying in?

I used to stay on resort fairly frequently, and I always remember breakfast being a bit of a pain. What is the current system? Do I have to book a breakfast slot, or can I just turn up? Can I eat in any of the restaurants for breakfast, or just at the hotel I'm staying in?
I think you have to book if you're staying in the Enchanted Village, due to the Crooked Spoon not being big enough for everyone in that section of accommodation. For the hotels, there is no slot and you can go to any of the restaurants. We stayed in Splash at Scarefest and ate in Secret Garden because Flambo's was far too busy. :)

Reactions: Sku
You can either book a slot or just turn up. The restaurants are quiet during the first half hour of opening, they then tend to get busier after that. As far as I'm aware, you can eat breakfast at any of the hotel restaurants.

Reactions: Sku
Thanks Royjess, I confirmed today can eat breakfast in any of the hotels if staying there so since we are having 4 breakfasts, might try them all out!

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.