• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Quick Questions

It has been confirmed by Bianca that both hotel and main entrances will be opening at 9am. As for how they will send people I don’t know.

It could become quite a mess if you have hotel guests coming from galactica, and other guests come from gloomy wood, and then others from next to the Skyride who have gone up the gravel path. Especially if they don’t let you in the queue line straight away.

It has been confirmed by Bianca that both hotel and main entrances will be opening at 9am. As for how they will send people I don’t know.

It could become quite a mess if you have hotel guests coming from galactica, and other guests come from gloomy wood, and then others from next to the Skyride who have gone up the gravel path. Especially if they don’t let you in the queue line straight away.
Now imagine you turn up at 7 in the morning, wait for the gates to open at 9 and then the ride doesn’t even open until midday. Whole lot of hours

Maybe a really stupid question. I've searched the forum, I swear.

The Hotel Guest entrance, can that be used on both days either side of a one night hotel stay?

Out of interest, does anyone know where the best place to have a sit-down meal (or at very least, something more substantial than a sandwich) at Alton Towers is these days?

I only ask because me, my parents and my grandad are going for the Alton After Dark day next Saturday (23rd March), and due to us staying in the park later (we want a Wicker Man night ride!), we won't be eating an evening meal in the local Premier Inn like we normally would. So we have to have 2 meals in the park itself; one of those will be our normal packed lunch, but we'll have to find something more substantial at some point during the day to replace our evening meal. Me and my mum were discussing it earlier, and we were really struggling to think of places in Alton Towers that actually serve substantial meals, so to speak.

My first thought was the Rollercoaster Restaurant, but my mum vetoed that, as she found it "awful" last time we went there in June 2022...

Does anyone have any recommendations? It's absolutely years since I've eaten hot food from a park restaurant during a day at Alton Towers, and I'm honestly not sure if I can ever remember having a proper sit-down meal during a day at Alton Towers... I feel like I vaguely remember going to the Pizza/Pasta buffet when I was about 12, but other than that, I have absolutely no memories of ever having had a sit-down meal there in the 15 years I've been visiting annually for...