• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Quick Questions

Thanks for the response.

It says you need to activate it at the Box Office on arrival, I was planning on going straight to Galactica first thing. Do you think they will be able to activate it at the Guest Services in FV? Don’t fancy traipsing all the way back to Towers St for it if possible.
I believe you can activate it at any ride photo counter as well.

That’s great, in that case think I’ll go for it. Not usually bothered by ride photos but think it’ll be good to capture those first memories on the big rides.

Alton Towers has just sent us this email about our visit on Friday ... I believe it's for the JCB Golf event but I'm not sure. The website they link just seems to show a long diversion with a few stretches of roads closed sort of near the park, but does anyone think this is likely to cause significantly longer travel times or not?

(If anyone is interested this is what they link : https://one.network/?utm_source=CRM...Golf_Service&utm_id=1314759&sfmc_id=145478218 )
Screenshot 2024-07-23 at 23.49.36.png

Alton Towers has just sent us this email about our visit on Friday ... I believe it's for the JCB Golf event but I'm not sure. The website they link just seems to show a long diversion with a few stretches of roads closed sort of near the park, but does anyone think this is likely to cause significantly longer travel times or not?

(If anyone is interested this is what they link : https://one.network/?utm_source=CRM&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=PAT_Trigger_GEN_PreVisit_JCBGolf_Service&utm_term=https://one.network/&utm_content=PAT_Trigger_GEN_PreVisit_JCBGolf_Service&utm_id=1314759&sfmc_id=145478218 )
Screenshot 2024-07-23 at 23.49.36.png
There was a lot of signs near JCB last week saying about delays and diversions. I didn’t think the gold thing was that big of thing but maybe it’s got bigger over the years.

Hi, we will be coming with our little 2 month old in september. On the website it states "you will need to collect your under 90cm ticket on the day, Head straight to the Ticket Sales and Collection windows on the day of your visit and the team will assist!"

Can this only be done at the normal main entrance? As we are staying at the resort, we was hoping to use the early access entrance by Galactica.. sorry if im in wrong thread. Thanks guys!

Hi, we will be coming with our little 2 month old in september. On the website it states "you will need to collect your under 90cm ticket on the day, Head straight to the Ticket Sales and Collection windows on the day of your visit and the team will assist!"

Can this only be done at the normal main entrance? As we are staying at the resort, we was hoping to use the early access entrance by Galactica.. sorry if im in wrong thread. Thanks guys!
If you are staying on Resort then I would imagine that you will be able to get this sorted a the reception desk of the hotel you are staying in. I say that with no prior knowledge of whether that is the case, but I can't see why not.

Thanks for reply, well we are heading straight to the park at 9am so this is before we check in to hotel.. i was told if i show confirmation of overnight stay we can use early access entrance on day of arrival.

Thanks for reply, well we are heading straight to the park at 9am so this is before we check in to hotel.. i was told if i show confirmation of overnight stay we can use early access entrance on day of arrival.
You will be able to get in to the theme park via the Galactica gate, but if you need to collect an under 90cm ticket then this will need to be done before you go to the gate, as there are no ticket collection facilities there.

If I was you I would get in touch with Alton Towers to find out whether you can collect this from the hotel (which will be easier for you as you can park in the hotel car park, pop in to the hotel and then collect the ticket) or whether you do have to go to the ticket collection point at the main entrance.

I know previously the turnstyle staff used to have under 4/5s tickets on them. I imagine it’s the same now, those at the turnstyle I imagine will have a ticket on them for kids and will either scan that or just let you in anyway as it’s free for them.

Out of curiosity, where is Alton Towers' drop off and pick up zone?

I'm getting dropped at the park on Sunday, and me and my dad would find it useful to know where to go. I've never actually been dropped at Alton before, so it's never really occurred to me to look!

I'm getting dropped at the park on Sunday, and me and my dad would find it useful to know where to go. I've never actually been dropped at Alton before, so it's never really occurred to me to look!

Search the app for drop off point and you’ll find it marked on the map.

I have another quick query, relating to VAFF.

I asked in this thread earlier about whether I could redeem it on Sunday, and I ascertained that I could.

However, I just had a horrible thought. I was not the person who originally booked our tickets, but I was part of the original party they were booked for. Could this present problems if I turn up alone wanting to redeem VAFF on a ticket I didn't originally book? There's no name listed on the ticket my dad sent me to put into my Apple Wallet, but I noticed when browsing the FAQs earlier that Alton Towers says that you need valid ID to redeem it... I have valid ID for myself if they simply want to check your age or whatever, but not valid ID to show that I'm my mum or dad if the original booker of the ticket has to be present.

Would I still be able to use VAFF if I'm visiting alone and am not the original person who booked the ticket, but was part of the original party? Or should I not risk it and just buy a new day ticket tomorrow while it's still cheaper?

I asked in this thread earlier about whether I could redeem it on Sunday, and I ascertained that I could.

However, I just had a horrible thought. I was not the person who originally booked our tickets, but I was part of the original party they were booked for. Could this present problems if I turn up alone wanting to redeem VAFF on a ticket I didn't originally book? There's no name listed on the ticket my dad sent me to put into my Apple Wallet, but I noticed when browsing the FAQs earlier that Alton Towers says that you need valid ID to redeem it... I have valid ID for myself if they simply want to check your age or whatever, but not valid ID to show that I'm my mum or dad if the original booker of the ticket has to be present.

Would I still be able to use VAFF if I'm visiting alone and am not the original person who booked the ticket, but was part of the original party? Or should I not risk it and just buy a new day ticket tomorrow while it's still cheaper?

Isn’t your dad dropping you off? If he made the booking then he could just pop to the ticket window with you to get the ticket issued and then you can go your seperate ways.

A few additional options for you:

You can use VAFF as part of the party, without the original booker. I asked this question for my own vouchers, I didn't think about asking about ID though. An email chain showing the tickets forwarded from the original recipient, to another, with an explanatory message at the top might help. "Hey Matt, Here are the tickets I bought for our visit in March. Feel free to use one for your VAFF offer. Love Dad."

I would imagine that you have the same surname as your father, who made the original booking. Take your ID with you, explain that your father made the booking, and I'm sure it'll be fine.

Ask your father if he can send you a photo of his ID, for you to present on your phone when at the ticket booth. Explain the situation to the guest assistant, and I'm sure it'll be fine.

A third option is to email Guest Services and check. I'm not sure of the response time over the weekend, so I wouldn't bank on this method. The last time that you, or I, got in touch however they responded the same day. I'd have suggested phoning them, but the line I've got is only active Monday - Friday.

Fourth option is as @AT86 suggested. The park won't mind him stopping for 5-10 mins or so for a drop off. They let people do this if they need the toilet etc.

It’s changed this season, it’s basically right near the entrance now, on what used to used for disabled/express. As you enter the park stay in the right lane and then turn at the turning for express/disabled/magic HQ/ drop off. And there is usually a staff member there who will direct you.