• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Quick Questions

Correct, that could well have been the case.

I only mention it because TPWW cited Dragon Fury as one of the worst throughput coasters in the UK due to it (not raining so evidently a full time policy) and I’m sure I saw Spinball mentioned previously but as you say that might just be weather related.

Follow up question would then be why are they different…

I only mention it because TPWW cited Dragon Fury as one of the worst throughput coasters in the UK due to it (not raining so evidently a full time policy) and I’m sure I saw Spinball mentioned previously but as you say that might just be weather related.

Follow up question would then be why are they different…
I am pretty sure it is weather related to spinball, they even have a sign in the opps cabin which can be changed to show wet opps or dry opps

Did they ever get the manufactures in to look at it earlier in its life? Seems crazy that they would just accept this defect for the rest of its life cycle.

Did they ever get the manufactures in to look at it earlier in its life? Seems crazy that they would just accept this defect for the rest of its life cycle.
depends when/how it happened, I am guessing it wasn't initially and then one park had an incident (maybe a car pass through the breaks), and then a technical notice went out informing parks to only load 3 people can be loaded into a car during wet weather.

also what is the solution? it may be they can get away with a new break design, but that would require ripping out all the breaks and replacing them... not a cheap option perhaps it involves extending the brake length, well you would need a new ride for that.

also don't they have a block deactivated? wouldn't that impact the through put

by coincidence I’ve booked to visit when Oktoberfest is on, and saw they’re doing VIP tickets. Given I’m staying at the hotel anyway and have free parking, is the swag worth the cost? Anyone know what exactly they are? Eg is the bag a cheap drawstring bag?

(I have a Merlin pass so have “free” entry/the cost will be the £120 upgrade ticket)

by coincidence I’ve booked to visit when Oktoberfest is on, and saw they’re doing VIP tickets. Given I’m staying at the hotel anyway and have free parking, is the swag worth the cost? Anyone know what exactly they are? Eg is the bag a cheap drawstring bag?

(I have a Merlin pass so have “free” entry/the cost will be the £120 upgrade ticket)

The £120 upgrade is not the same as the Oktoberfest platinum package.
£120 one only includes silver fasttrack (£55), photos (£25) and express parking (£10 if you are Platinum, Gold or Premium Annual Passholder).
I can't see the value in the package, you are paying £30 for a lanyard, pin badge, bag & cap.

The platinum VIP package is £285 if you already have park admission, that includes platinum fasttrack (£130), photos (£25), parking (£10), freestyle cup (£15), meal (£20) as well as a host. But still its £30 for the lanyard, badge, bag & cap. Oktorberfest one does come with a stein too.

I don't see a need to do the package really.

Hi,
Apologies for sounding like a complete idiot but I am new to passes.
I have just bought a Alton Towers Gold Pass but am confused on if I can still use the Merlin Annual Pass Perks available at:

Especially 25% off friends and family tickets.

Would be very grateful if anyone could help me?

Many thanks

Hi,
Apologies for sounding like a complete idiot but I am new to passes.
I have just bought a Alton Towers Gold Pass but am confused on if I can still use the Merlin Annual Pass Perks available at:

Especially 25% off friends and family tickets.

Would be very grateful if anyone could help me?

Many thanks

No you can’t use Merlin perks.

The Alton Towers pass specific perks are detailed here:

The £120 upgrade is not the same as the Oktoberfest platinum package.
£120 one only includes silver fasttrack (£55), photos (£25) and express parking (£10 if you are Platinum, Gold or Premium Annual Passholder).
I can't see the value in the package, you are paying £30 for a lanyard, pin badge, bag & cap.

The platinum VIP package is £285 if you already have park admission, that includes platinum fasttrack (£130), photos (£25), parking (£10), freestyle cup (£15), meal (£20) as well as a host. But still its £30 for the lanyard, badge, bag & cap. Oktorberfest one does come with a stein too.

I don't see a need to do the package really.
Thanks, knowing the sums is really helpful! I guess the lanyard, badge, bag and cap are nothing special and can be bought in the shop if I really want?

Does anyone know what the seasoning is on the chips in RCR? Took my parents there yesterday and they were very impressed. Mum is convinced it’s not just salt (as per the menu) but when we asked the staff they looked puzzled, and even the chef said it was just salt. Does anyone happen to know please if mum has flipped (possible) or the chips do have special seasoning?

Does anyone know what the seasoning is on the chips in RCR? Took my parents there yesterday and they were very impressed. Mum is convinced it’s not just salt (as per the menu) but when we asked the staff they looked puzzled, and even the chef said it was just salt. Does anyone happen to know please if mum has flipped (possible) or the chips do have special seasoning?
I haven’t been for a while but there used to be a piri salted option on the menu but I think you paid extra for that.

Haven’t been in years, and have never driven there so sorry if this is a silly question! Just bought a 2 day pass online and added car park ticket. But only lets me pick one day for the parking ticket. Does this mean it’s just £10 for the two days when you buy a multi day pass, or will I need to get another pass when I arrive?

Haven’t been in years, and have never driven there so sorry if this is a silly question! Just bought a 2 day pass online and added car park ticket. But only lets me pick one day for the parking ticket. Does this mean it’s just £10 for the two days when you buy a multi day pass, or will I need to get another pass when I arrive?
It's £10 per day, so you'll need to buy another one when you're there 😊