• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Quick Questions

While the above makes sense, bear in mind persons under the height restriction aren't allowed in the queue lines. This could be a problem if there's an entrance host, for example on The Smiler or Wicker Man, who will enforce it.

We just used to explain we were doing a station pass over and they were fine.
Drayton were the best, for many years my special mate sat on the hay bale on the station exit side and waited for us on the Shockwave platform.
Then he finally rode it, and screamed every rude word at extreme volume as we hit the station afterwards.
Whole station cheered.

Hi, staying at the Chained oak b&b one evening next week, can anyone recommend places to dine/takeaway in the local area?

Cheadle kebabs is quite nice for takeaway, alton Bridge house too is lovely. Lots of nice little hidden places really

Hi, staying at the Chained oak b&b one evening next week, can anyone recommend places to dine/takeaway in the local area?
Alton has a couple of decent pubs for food. The Tavern in Denstone is also fairly nice. Best local pub I’ve been to is The Star in Cotton. Great food but pricey (but worth it) and only a 5 minute drive from the Chained Oak.

Yes anyone can exit that way at the end of the day.
Thanks!
Excellent way of getting numerous walk on rides on Nemesis at the end of the day too when all the suckers flock back towards the front of the park to stand in a miserable monorail queue.
This was my thinking for a future visit, nemesis seems to be really quiet towards the end of the day, we usually exit through the main gates and walk but it would be fun to end the day with a few nemesis rides and then stroll straight out to the car park.

What is the baggage hold situation like at the moment? Does the smiler baggage hold have a sliding door yet (It's been a while since I've been to the park)

What is the baggage hold situation like at the moment? Does the smiler baggage hold have a sliding door yet (It's been a while since I've been to the park)
Smiler has a counter where you hand your bag in and get a wristband/tag which you exchange back after the ride. There are cages at the station though mainly for the single rider line as that doesn’t go past the counter, no sliding door from what I could tell.

Thirteen also has a baggage counter as well as wickerman. All the other coasters have an area in the station where you leave bags. Hope that helps!

(not Alton Towers related but I don't know where else to ask :/)

I'm thinking of starting a new thread of people's own ideas and concepts for Theme Parks and their own attractions, what's the best place here to make the thread?

Last edited:
Anyone know if the Wickerman priority passes are still valid this year?

I have one left over from a few years ago but have no idea whether they still accept them.

s-l400.jpg