• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Quick Questions

The first few weeks of the summer holidays are usually really quiet, as the majority of people with kids go away on holiday at the start of the holidays, then towards the end of the holidays they go to places like Towers. So it’s much busier at the back end of the summer holidays.

Really quiet?
Comparatively quiet!
Never seen the start of the summer holidays really quiet, ever.
Steady at the start, busy at the end.
Especially so as now lots of people have no chance of a "real" summer holiday with the increased cost of living.

Really quiet?
Comparatively quiet!
Never seen the start of the summer holidays really quiet, ever.
Steady at the start, busy at the end.
Especially so as now lots of people have no chance of a "real" summer holiday with the increased cost of living.
Well really quiet compared to now when it’s school trips 😛

Yeah we normally go at the start of the holidays but on a weekend due to work etc and never find it too bad really, but this year is a bit different as will be during the week instead

Is the “12” age rating on Sub Terra enforced these days? I know it never historically had any standing and they just went off the 1.4m height restriction, but what is the stance on this these days?

Is the “12” age rating on Sub Terra enforced these days? I know it never historically had any standing and they just went off the 1.4m height restriction, but what is the stance on this these days?
It is a recommendation so it is not enforced but they do go off a 1.4m requirement.

Hi, I know July is always rammed with school trips during the week. Does anyone know when this usually ends? My children break up on Tues 25th and was thinking of taking them on the 27th (Thurs), will it still be busy with school trips or do you think they will have finished by then?
Last day of term for state schools can be no later than July 21st.

Yup, I got the local last day out by a week.
I think there is a lot more local flexibility about term dates these days.
Sadly!
Couple of weeks and some Scottish schools will be going back.

If I buy a Coke Freestyle refillable mug tomorrow at Alton Towers. Can I use the same 1 at Thorpe Park in September and just pay the £9 price or is it just for the park you brought it from?

If I buy a Coke Freestyle refillable mug tomorrow at Alton Towers. Can I use the same 1 at Thorpe Park in September and just pay the £9 price or is it just for the park you brought it from?
They can only be used at the park you buy them from. That has always been the case as Merlin don't have the inter-park option enabled. The barcodes will only activate the machines at the park from which they're purchased.

My autistic son has just returned from Alton Towers having had a wonderful time. His super power is FONTS and each font he sees he can name.
However, whilst visiting the water park he saw the following and he has been growing increasingly agitated because he can't find the name or where to buy it from.
Can anyone help please?

367398578_295925999777919_3775230889113666053_n.jpg

I can’t personally answer your question, I’m afraid, but maybe try pasting that image into this website, WhatTheFont?: https://www.myfonts.com/pages/whatthefont

It’s an AI-powered resource that claims to be able to find the font within a piece of text in an image.

I would have done it for you, but I can’t seem to download the image you’ve put in to paste it onto the site on my browser, sorry…

I can’t personally answer your question, I’m afraid, but maybe try pasting that image into this website, WhatTheFont?: https://www.myfonts.com/pages/whatthefont

It’s an AI-powered resource that claims to be able to find the font within a piece of text in an image.

I would have done it for you, but I can’t seem to download the image you’ve put in to paste it onto the site on my browser, sorry…
Thanks, this is the first place my son tried, it is a great resource but unfortunately it doesn't recognise the font. Thanks for the reply :)

Hi everyone! Sorry if this has already been answered or if this is the wrong place but I’ve searched everywhere and can’t find any confirmation.

Visiting Towers on Monday 28th - Tuesday 29th Aug. coming from London on a train to Stafford. I know there’s the X41 bus daily at 8:40am but does it run on bank holidays?

The website says ‘excluding’ bank holidays in one place then says ‘every day Alton Towers is open to the public’ in another so isn’t very clear! Don’t want to book a taxi in advance just in case it does actually still run, as we’re arriving to Stafford just after 8! TIA