• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Rank the "Countries" in Europa-Park

Gurkensalat

TS Member
Since there is already a thread ranking the coasters (where I can't participate since I still have not ridden all of them...) I would like to open one about the 18 different "countries" in the park. Ranking should be on basis of the overall impression, i.e. theming and attractions first, food and shops second. Here is mine (I rank good theming over big coasters):

1. France
Superb theming, especially at the creek and the cinema street. Can-can is my favorite coaster. I could spend a day just in this area.
2. Greece
perfect theming, love Poseidon and Kassandra. Really feels like being in Greece.
3. Germany
Love the architecture, Voletarium, Schloss Balthasar and the Gardens. Honorable mention: Jim Knopf
4. Switzerland
Best theming besides Greece, 2 nice coasters.
5. Scandinavia
Love Rafting and Snorri, great theming as well
6. Island
Stunning coaster architecture, but the village seems a bit cold (well, is fitting somehow). But: Whale Watching!
7. Portugal
Small, but gives me real Mediterranean holiday vibe on a warm summer day. Love Atlantica.
8. Netherlands
small, but nice Theming and Piraten in Batavia
9. Italy
nice atmosphere, a bit lackluster rides. I like Volo da Vinci most.
10. Austria
the only area besides Luxemburg which does not feel planned, but put together as an afterthought. I like Alpenexpress and Tiroler; lets see what the new development will bring. Please get rid of the remnants of Wild West theming, finally!
11. Arthur
very small, but nicely themed, love the ride.
12. Enchanted Forest
nice theming, very relaxing.
13. Espania
Good theming, but I do not like carousels.
14. Ireland
nice theming, but no attraction for me.
15. Russia
Jarring theming disparity (the cottages are nice); I don't do Mir
16. England
small, not much to do, don't like attractions, hate arena of football. Globe is nice.
17. Adventureland
had a clear advantage over 18. with the jungle rafts, but now is only scraping by due to Spices.
18. Luxemburg
nothing of interest here

Last edited:
1. France
2. Greece
3. Iceland
4. Italy
5. Portugal
6. Spain
7. Scandinavia
8. Germany
9. Switzerland
10. Netherlands
11. Austria
12. Ireland
13. England
14. Russia
15. Luxembourg

Excluding the areas that aren't countries, such as the Minimoys Kingdom and Enchanted Forest.

Note: This list will change drastically over the winter period based on the quantity of fire pits available.

Would find it hard to rank them in order. But I know for certainty that France would be first as it's absolutely beautiful and England would be the worst.

Would find it hard to rank them in order. But I know for certainty that France would be first as it's absolutely beautiful and England would be the worst.

You'd rate Luxembourg over England? 🤔

Ranking them all is not for me, but amongst my favourite are Italy, Switzerland, Spain and Scandinavia. They all have a cosy charm to them which I think is a little lacking in say Iceland. Not that any of them are bad.

I’m not sure I’d be able to rank all of them, but my favourites would probably be France & Greece; these two have some of Europa’s prettiest vistas, in my opinion!

By default, I think Luxembourg has to be my least favourite given that I never even knew it was a country within Europa, despite visiting last week.

They’re all beautiful, though!

Luxembourg is not an area.

They just named the square Luxembourg Square. Nothing more, nothing less.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

For me purely based on theming, the overall area and just the feel of the place (and not the actual rides);
1: Greece
2: Spain
3: France
4: Iceland
5: Scandinavia
6: Switzerland
7: Portugal
8: Italy
9: Netherlands
10: Germany
11: Austria
12: Ireland
13: Russia
14: England
15: Luxembourg

Europa-Park can say what they like, but I do not consider Luxembourg Square to be a themed area in the same way that Adventureland at Alton Towers isn't one. I believe EP just named the square as such, put some flags up, added a little paving and a new wall and did it to show some affection to the small country given that some of their guests come from there.

The square is practically no different to before it was called Luxembourg Square.

That is correct, theming is minimal there. There is a reason that this is at the bottom of every list. The only two references to the real Luxembourg are the Melusine statue and the bridge to Food Loop which is similar to some famous bridges in Luxembourg. There is concept art showing a more castle-like theming of the Historama Building but it was never realized.

I'm intrigued to see if the Gameplay Theatre replacing the Rulantica Preview Centre under Foodloop leans more into some kind of Luxembourg theming. I mean it still will just be the hardly changed square and one ride then but at least it will have some more to it as an 'area'.

1, France
2, Iceland
3, Austria (boosted this year by the lake area)
4, Greece
5, Italy
6 Scandinavia
7 Germany
8, Switzerland
9, Holland
10, Ireland
11, Russia
12, Portugal
13, Great Britain
14, Spain
15, Luxembourg