• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Rank the Florida theme parks

Matt N

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
Hi guys. Central Florida is a major tourist spot for theme park enthusiasts, and the region has had a lot of hype surrounding it as of late, what with VelociCoaster, Iron Gwazi, Ice Breaker et al opening! So my question to you today is; how would you rank the major parks in Central Florida, if you’ve been?

My ranking is as follows (I apologise for lack of justification; I’m currently on the train, so don’t really have time for that right now. If anyone wants me to justify anything, I’m more than happy to):
  1. Islands of Adventure
  2. Universal Studios Florida
  3. Animal Kingdom
  4. Epcot
  5. SeaWorld Orlando
  6. Busch Gardens Tampa
  7. Magic Kingdom
  8. Hollywood Studios
  9. Fun Spot Kissimmee (although I admit it might be a tad unfair to include this one, as it’s not the same sort of thing)
But how would you rank the major Florida parks, if you’ve been?

I enjoy all those places for different reasons but Universal Studios (Both Parks) & Busch Gardens are easily my favourites.

I really don't like the current direction Disney is heading.

I would go further and say I don’t care for the way Florida is going and at the moment have no desire to return.

Having not been for 15 odd years my opinion isn't really worth a dime, but what I can say by watching from afar is that the parks I would look forward to visiting now is pretty much directly inverse of how much I enjoyed each park previously.

How I Rated Visits
Disney Parks
Universal Parks
Seaworld
Busch Gardens

What I Most Want To Visit
Busch Gardens
Seaworld
Universal Parks
Disney Parks

Partly due to personal taste on new investments with a lot of good new thrill at Universal and Seaworld and me not giving the shiniest about StarWars, Avatar or Marval, alongside Disney seeming to want to actively destroy the magic at their parks. No, I don't want to plan what I ride 6 months in advance, or tolerate paid fastrack either. Bobbins, the lot of it.

Mine as it’s stands currently would be-

1.Islands of adventure
2. Animal kingdom
3. Universal studios
4. Epcot
5. Hollywood studios
6. Magic Kingdom
7. Busch Gardens
8. Seaworld

IOA has the perfect mix for me some great coasters, fantastic dark rides, excellent water rides and some great theming.

Always liked Animal Kingdom, love the theming and feel of the park, would be nice with a few more rides, but again also enjoy all the animal related attractions as well.

I really like magic kingdom in the evening when’s it gone dark, love the atmosphere and going on big thunder once the sun has gone down is always one of our favourite things to do. Prefer Disneyland park in California over Magic Kingdom but as a whole package would rank Disneyworld as preference over California.

After the first visit 15 years ago epcot would have been bottom however grown to really like the park now, and am past going to the parks and trying just to run from ride to ride. Enjoy taking things slower, while still going on all the main rides, also enjoying everything else the parks offer and soaking up the atmosphere.

Looking forward to 3 weeks there again this summer and getting to ride the new rides that have opened since last went in 2018.

1. Islands of adventure
2. Animal Kingdom
3. Seaworld
4. Hollywood Studios
5. Universal Studios
6. Busch Gardens
7. Magic Kingdom
8. Epcot

Have a feeling Busch could be further up when I ride Iron Gwazi. Magic Kingdom is too busy, not enough thrill rides and takes too long to get to it from the carpark. Epcot is just soulless around the North end while the south (world showcase) is nice but lacking in rides. Seaworld quite high as I like all 3 of the beemers and the water rides.

My list is based on that I not been to Disney since 2016, Universal since 2011 and Busch Gardens/Sea world since 2008.

1) Epcot
I loved Epcot ever since I visited as a family in 1993 and think it’s changed the most over the past 40 years compared to Magic Kingdom. It has the best food and entertainment.

2) Islands of Adventure
This park moved up to 2nd in my list after riding the Harry Potter attraction. It’s still the only dark ride I been on and thought WOW I loved everything about that attraction. It’s got the best water rides and Spider man is such a classic was gutted they slowly down on the spinning on Cat in the hat. Cause of the Cost of tickets will visit again when my son is tall enough for all the attractions.

3) Magic Kingdom
I love that they only closed a handful of rides since it opened 51 years ago and love the classic rides that Walt Disney helped design and build. They may not have many thrill rides in the park but it’s most attractions the whole family can enjoy.

4) Hollywood Studios we loved the movie side of the park which is now all gone and can’t wait to go back next year or 2024 to try out Toy story land and Star Wars land. It now feels like a full day park just wish they improved there food options as it’s the worst I eaten In Orlando.

5) Sea World we loved the shows but after watching the same 1’s in 07&08 and back then they only have 3 attractions so we felt we wasn’t getting value for money. I know they added more coasters since and a water ride but it’s not really made me wanna buy tickets since.

6) Animal Kingdom I’m not a big fan of animals and with the Florida heat they usually a sleep or sitting in the shade. It’s been so much better since they now open later but I also feel there isn’t enough attractions to go more than a day and a half but can’t wait to go on Avatar.

7) Busch Gardens hands down this park has the best collection of rides and rollercoasters I ever been on and if it wasn’t in Florida it would have been higher up the list but going the park during the summer season in 2008 we only got on rides from 10am to 1pm then during lunch it rained heavily for about 90 mins but had to wait to 5 for the storm to clear so only the indoor shows were open and been over 90 min drive away it wasn’t worth it.

8)
Universal Studios

We loved this park when it opened in 1990 with just the Blues Brothers and ET the only attractions left from opening day. They had some stupid ideas replacing classic attractions with pointless screen attractions. Hopefully will the last couple attractions that’s been added in IOA we see less screen attractions and new dark rides/ coasters.

Last edited: