• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Rank the water coasters you've ridden

Matt N

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
Hi guys. Water rides and roller coasters have coexisted for many years, but in 1998, Mack decided to combine the two when they built Journey to Atlantis at SeaWorld Orlando; with that, they created the water coaster! Since then, Mack have built many more (both traditional water coasters and slightly more ambitious rides like SuperSplashes and PowerSplashes), and other manufacturers like Intamin and Premier Rides have dipped their toes into the water coaster market. So my question to you today is; how would you rank this unique ride type? How would you rank all of the water coasters you've done?

Personally, I've only done one water coaster at present:
  1. Journey to Atlantis - SeaWorld Orlando (Mack Water Coaster) - Funnily enough, the only water coaster I've currently done is actually the prototype. And Journey to Atlantis is an interesting one, as there's not all that much coaster to judge in this case. The dark ride section is OK if not mind-blowing, with some nice theming in places, but I stayed practically bone dry, and the coaster section I did experience on there was pretty rough; it definitely jostled you around a fair amount, from memory, and it did detract a fair amount for me. Overall, JTA is not one of my favourite attractions, if I'm being honest, but it's admittedly some years since I've done it, having last ridden back in 2016 (and I only did it once back then, at that). 4/10, #58/79 overall
I am hopefully going to be doing both Poseidon and Atlantica in April, however, so my water coaster count should hopefully increase to 3 after Europa. I'm particularly interested to ride Poseidon, as I'm intrigued to see what a water coaster with a fuller coaster section is like.

But how would you rank the water coasters you've done?

DVH - Efteling
Speed - Energylandia
ASS - Europa Park
Posseidon - Europa Park

1. ASS! Europa Park. Hot Portuguese Ass to be precise, has a fun backwards section and a great splashdown.

2. Speed, Energylandia. Uses a knock off pirates of the Carribbean theme, has a cool elevator lift and is surprisingly fun.

3. Poseidon. Europa Park. It's got a few bad bits of roughness but it does do a pretty cool final drop.