• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[RCT3] Mountain Springs Theme park

Re: Mountain Springs Theme Park. Megacoaster Big Update 29/09/12

fe393acfd57345278f7c023.png

307a8c104d594f378f9f136.png

f0e4503d1f6847a3bcbec17.png

55498681285948a49aee8ad.png

fb70db87021b462db8870ba.png

fccf326b75cc4dd4a30451b.png

ed42bf7b3bea49bcb26fc61.png

and a little panoramic the buildings are unfinished.

f2f162dc028a4e26bcc3448.png

Re: Mountain Springs Theme Park.

Very nice. :)

That support work on the hyper is amazing and I love the megacoaster's interaction with the lake and fountains. :)

That, sir, is one sexy looking Blitz. ;D

I have to agree, the support work is just lovely, and the colours just look beautiful.

The hyper looks divine. Keep it up! :)

Thanks for the kind comments, it's been the first project in a long while I have had motivation to work on! It's slowly getting there.

The Duelling Flyers and Hyper coaster require very little theming, as I thought it would be nice to have generic themes to retheme at a later date once the park has grown a bit, story telling ideas! :p So they won't take to long to theme.

The Blitz/megacoaster is taking a fair amount of time and work (hence why there is more pics of it) because I have chosen the extensive theme option, it's been a rather fun theme, so motivation hasn't lacked.

I'm hoping once I've finished the Blitz/megacoaster the rest of the park will flow from there, I can complete/build the mainstreet and I can start more interesting story updates.

Hope you are enjoying! :)

Love the pictures. Maybe slightly too influenced by Europa Park but that's hardly a criticism ;)

Unfortunately for me the flying snake dive is the reason I don't like using the Intamin track types. I love the element itself but whenever building it in the game it keeps limiting the track pieces I can put on either side for no good reason. As such I've never been able to make a good looking ride. Maybe the CTR I'm using just isn't very good.

Yours looks great though Fredward, did you have any trouble?

it has a little bump at the beginning of the dive, but I ignore it as it's the only way I can have it and work with the rest of the layout. I don't find it to bad but it is a large element so you need room for it!

I get what your saying though it can ruin the flow! but I just had to use it, because it is a sexy bit of track for photo purposes! :p

Forgot to post this update before I went away this weekend...

Sorry! :(

f42891a8c709471bb5410b3.png

414dd2e733774c70a03fa10.png

f8c9e787262342d696bbf55.png

48750927f7af4c68bdf38be.png

342b4ec8921d4bd6a2a277c.png

c19eb87204464d53bd78863.png

eceffd7ea2f74d58bb53692.png

3a77d85226a5479399e90d1.png

Disclaimer: A few pictures show the park in the background, it's all unfinished and the hills in the background will of course become a plethora of vegation soon enough! :p

Also, I have decided as soon as I have finished the park as it is now I will enter Roleplay mode (dramatic music and lightning) and all picture updates will be off finished areas and I will do construction updates with diggers ext. As we all love dirt and concrete don't we... which sound like good fun!

I will also give the park a bit of story which will also be enjoyable.

I'm concentrating on the Intimack megablitz because it's the ride that needs the most work, The B&M Hyper is essentially done except custom supports and the duelling flyers are done except custom supports and a station. They are not super themed, but that's because I have plans for them at a later date! :)

Hope you enjoyed! :)

Epic as ever. though if I may be so bold, I feel the inclined loop (no doubt made from half dive loops in oposite directions), needs a support at it's apex. Otherwise it seems to defy gravity :p

I must admit I agree! I'm just planning on how to do it without it looking silly! :p

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

EDIT:

random update.

5fd48a215ff74448a896927.png

14ada13098554be1a1c03af.png

Try moving the supports that are already there slightly further up the loop rather than adding another support at the apex. That way you'd still get that nifty looking unsupported bit at the top but it would look more realistic.

A lot of rides are designing minimalistic supports like this now it's just that your supports are slightly too close to ground level.

I've tried doing it, but alas due to the positioning of the half loop model, the supports are as high up as possible... which are also hidden in the scenery so look even more invisible...

I have some ideas on how to make it less silly... we'll see if they make sense! :p

I'd just leave it then. Like I said last post it's not actually as mental as it seems. Considering how deep down the track goes inside the church it would probably look fine if the church wasn't there.

Nice tunnel shots.

That block break design is an awesome idea. I think I tried making a similar "under track, over track" design once but never thought of realigning them in reverse on the mid-course.