• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

RCT3 Olympics Competition

Harv

TS Member
NastyPasty via Shyguy's World RCT3 Forums said:
cooltext922596974_zps4971c80c.png

Dear people of SGW,

I've decided to create a competition that moves away from the traditional 'rollercoasters' theme of the game. For those interested in architecture, presentation and creating landscapes, this is a contest that is sure to cater for you. Inspired by the recent London 2012 Olympic Games, I've decided to introduce the concept to RCT3. The task is ultimately to design your own Olympic Games, representing any world city of your choice (real or fictional) in the greatest event that can bestow a city, pushing your conceptual design skills to their maximum level.

The competition will be determined by knockout; depending on the number of entries, 1 or 2 contestants will be eliminated per round. Tasks will range from creating a campaign to illustrate why your city should be chosen for the games, to designing modern sports facilities, to piecing together a memorable Opening Ceremony.

Before the brief for Round 1 is announced, it'd be great to gain a picture of how many members will participate in such a challenge. If you've got this far, I thank you for your time; your interest must have been held a certain amount, so why not have a go? This is perfect opportunity for members old and new to showcase their talent and represent their respective corners of the world with pride. Please leave your name below if you are even just remotely interested, and don't hesitate to ask any questions via PM or by reply.

I hope this becomes as successful as hoped - judging by the talents on these boards, this could be very interesting indeed. Thanks for reading, folks!

:)

Heya TST! I've decided to open this up over here, too, seeing as this is actually my 'home' forum, as it were. If there's no interest over here, then fair enough, but it'd be great if people were up for a bit of a challenge! :D

Let me know if you want to be involved, many thanks for your time!