• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Recent posts across the forum

Craig

TS Administrator
Hi all,

We've spotted a few issues with posts across the forum in recent weeks, and with coverage of The Smiler increasing membership and with the opening of the ride likely to continue that trend, we'd like to bring a few things to everyone's attention.

Rudeness and disrespectful posts
Whilst some of us know each other personally on the forum and can more easily interpret someone's posts as harmless, it's important to remember that many people don't. So please keep discussion civil and respectful. Re-read your posts before you submit them - if they come across as argumentative or unsuitable, please reword them.

Off topic discussion
Across the forum, discussion has quite often veered off topic in recent weeks. Whilst there may not be an intention to do so, please remember there are a large number of people who read the forum, particularly in The Smiler forum, and discussion can be difficult to follow. Again, please take a moment to check that your post is on topic before submitting.

I'd also like to remind everyone of our Member Expectations. We as a team (and, no doubt the majority of members here!) are determined to ensure that TowersStreet remains the friendly, welcoming community which we have strived to be since we started last year. And we can only do this with everyone's help and understanding.

Whilst we don't wish to, the team will not hesitate in issuing warnings to repeat offenders, which can result in posting privileges being restricted or removed.

Finally, and I know we keep harping on about this - please, please flag posts. If you see something that breaches our member expectations or you feel is inappropriate - don't reply, just hit the flag post button. A member of the team will review it as soon as possible and take action.

Thanks to all of you in advance for helping to make TowersStreet great :).

I assume that I'm in part responsbile for this thread as I've had a couple of posts from last night deleted, so I'll give my opinion.

I welcome members being approached (and warned if applicable) when they post something that is considered inappropriate. That includes myself. You cannot just post a thread like this saying 'everyone play nice,' it doesn't work. Whilst you do have T&C's terms like rude or disrespectful have different meanings for different people.

I consider what I post to be perfectly reasonable, however on the odd occassion somebody else disagrees. Rather than just tar individuals as a negative contributors to the forum I would much rather members be PM'd and told when one of there posts has been deleted and that they then be given a chance to defend / explain themselves or apoligise.

Generally I stand by what I said a couple of months ago when this same debate crept up, and that is that this is a very welcoming forum, with high quality content and minimal faff. Maybe that is down to quick work by the mods, naturally i don't know the number of posts that you guys have to delete / amend, but I've seen nothing to justify the existance of this thread myself. :S

I should add we're not singling out individuals here, and in fact this post was written two nights ago and only posted last night so it's certainly not due to posts you have had removed and deleted.

Whilst PMs are great to deal with individual incidents - the post above deals with a number of issues, which whilst not a massive issue at the moment could become so in future. We just felt it sensible to post and remind everyone to have a quick re-read of posts before they hit that submit button. We can all go off topic in posts at times, especially when discussion can be quite laid back and friendly. But, we felt it important to remind people of how off topic posts can cause discussion to become confusing to an occasional reader on the forum.

Whilst we'll continue to deal with individuals who are rude and short in their posting, we again felt it was best to remind everyone to check their posts. As said above, some may not mean it as they assume everyone knows how to take their comments due to knowing them "in real life", so it's just a polite reminder for everyone (again, not singling anyone out!) to take a little extra care :).

The Smiler topic has a lot of superfluous one-line replies, spammy posts and 'hilarious' quips. It's becoming quite difficult to read due to all the 'hilarity'.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

Sam said:
The Smiler topic has a lot of superfluous one-line replies, spammy posts and 'hilarious' quips. It's becoming quite difficult to read due to all the 'hilarity'.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

As Craig said flag any posts that are not adding anything, we try and keep on top of things and we do purge things as much as possible but flagging posts helps :)