• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Recent Problems In Ukraine.

Apparently, Crimea as a nation have declared they are becoming a Russian state, hopefully that will stop the fighting.

My other half put it perfectly, basically Ukraine and Russia fighting over Crimea is like two children fighting over a toy, its pretty petty and stupid, but Russia have nukes. If our PM was smart, he'd side with Russia if fighting started, we'd probably survive that way.

Yes, side with the despot, what could possibly go wrong? ::)

Russia having nukes does not mean we should agree with everything they do just in case. We also have nukes, and Russia knows it.

30 years ago, this kind of thing could indeed have been the trigger for WWIII, but times have changed. At this stage I see no reason to start freaking out.

Russia's weapons are from another age. They needed about 10,000 just to be sure of actually hitting the US. Israel also has nuclear weapons but no one else in the Middle East is allowed them for some reason.

In fairness, a nuke doesn't have to be cutting edge to do it's job.

Because I go to a part boarding school, its funny watching the russians argue with the americans about this. :'D But the election sounds like utter rubbish. :/

Maybe there is an underground network of boarding schools with links to the Russian government and know about their plans going forward. Therefore it is funny to watch the proceedings unfold with said student already knowing that certain actions are futile as Russia will easily out-manoeuvre the Americans in the next step? ;)

Damn, I should have gone to boarding school, sounds a load more fun than state education!

Poison Tom 96 said:
alee298 said:
DiogoJ42 said:
Well, yes. But why is the boarding school part relevant?
Just explains where there are many many russians.

Speak properly boy, you are talking gibberish!
Boarding school is relevant as it explains why there are lots of russians at my school and also because they occasionally slip into speaking russian, which I mildly have a grasp of, it makes it funnier when they swear and call the american boarders funny but offensive things. :I