• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Recent Problems In Ukraine.

So, in conclusion, a load of Russian spies have infiltrated English boarding schools and are speaking in Russian with each other to stop the American people from learning of the information that they've gathered before they pass the information back to the motherland? ;)

alee298 said:
Poison Tom 96 said:
alee298 said:
DiogoJ42 said:
Well, yes. But why is the boarding school part relevant?
Just explains where there are many many russians.

Speak properly boy, you are talking gibberish!
Boarding school is relevant as it explains why there are lots of russians at my school and also because they occasionally slip into speaking russian, which I mildly have a grasp of, it makes it funnier when they swear and call the american boarders funny but offensive things. :I

I suppose it's one of those "you had to be there", sort of things.

LOL, im cracking up at this boarding school debate. Maybe, just maybe, the grand master plan of world domination by Russia is to next place super secret Russian agents in to boarding schools around the world, then occupy them, and make them part of Russia?

So, whats the recent developments....

Yesterday a RAF Typhoon was scrambled to intercept a Russian bomber off the coast of Scotland (still in international airspace though) while HMS Dragon is shadowing a Russian destroyer also off the coast of Scotland.

Significance of these events? Russia is testing our response times.

Meanwhile, 500 or so US troops have arrived in Poland and NATO is beefing up military presence in other Eastern European countries. Russia meanwhile is now starting wargames on the Ukraine border, and every indication is that Russia wants all of Ukraine.

I hate to say this, but this does seem a little reminiscent of WW2 and the way that started. Could we be witnessing the early stages of WW3.... Hopefully not

Unlikely the start of ww3 as Putin knows nato would kick his arse easily.
He's just trying to increase his ratings in the Russian polls, he knows Obama and Cameron are week leaders, he would not of been so slap happy when Bush was in the white house.
He won't even invade Ukraine let alone get close to a nato country.

The Russians have been playing cat and mouse with our air defences for years now, I think we should call there bluff and let it fly into our airspace and then blow it to pieces.

I dont think NATO would kick Russia's arse actually. European counties have for years been cutting back on defence spending. The UK is as weak as hell, we have literally no military left, and Putin knows the US and UK are busy in other countries abroad and have stretched resources. Other European countries have also cut back on their military.

Then there are the old USSR countries, would they really side with Europe in a war with Russia or would its people, like some in the Ukraine side with Russia?

Who knows, but we need to seriously stop thinking Russia isnt strong militarily. Its very strong, and has some very advanced weapons.

well if it did all kick off. and they started lobbing nukes at the uk, I wont be around to see the outcome.

GaryH said:
I dont think NATO would kick Russia's arse actually. European counties have for years been cutting back on defence spending. The UK is as weak as hell, we have literally no military left, and Putin knows the US and UK are busy in other countries abroad and have stretched resources. Other European countries have also cut back on their military.

Then there are the old USSR countries, would they really side with Europe in a war with Russia or would its people, like some in the Ukraine side with Russia?

Who knows, but we need to seriously stop thinking Russia isnt strong militarily. Its very strong, and has some very advanced weapons.

Cutting back yet we still spend the 6th highest of any nation.

The US spends over 5 times that of Russia, and almost double Russia & China's combined total.

Its a bit of sabre rattling. (hopefully)

But I think thats the whole argument about having nukes. It stops some one like Putin doing something stupid, like trying to invade or start a proper war as they know they have nukes.

But the Russian bomber is apparently a common thing, I don't think its that provocative sometimes these things are just accidents.

We are all forgetting the important thing here. Russia and Ukraine are up against eachother in the Eurovision semi final!

Things are getting interesting now.....

So Russia has sent troops in to Ukraine.... and Ukraine is applying for NATO membership which states that NATO has a duty to get involed if a member state is attacked.

I think theres gonna be a big clash of heads soon!

Interesting words today from the head of the EU who said Russia was now practically at war with Europe and that not to push it too far as the EU is prepared to stand by its values.... I.e, we will fight Russia in a war if we have to. Sounds like some of the rhetoric which started WW2

EU 'must act on Russia aggression' http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-28993873