• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride Access Pass and Disabled Access - 2024 Discussion

I reckon number 1 & 2 of your points will probably explain 'most' of your issues today. Give it a few weeks and hopefully the RAP situation will be better. I'm amongst the most cynical people around when it comes to AT, but I think we need to let this backlog of people who had been caught out by the early RAP problems work its way through first. But yeah, not a great look.
That's triggered off having activated loqueue that day

I'd imagine if you weren't on the system or in any of the Facebook groups you could easily not know.

My son is a RAP user and I don’t recall getting any emails at all about changes to the system. I’m not a MAP holder and I don’t use Facebook so if it wasn’t for this discussion here I wouldn’t know about the need to book now. It does seem that the communication about this hasn’t been great for everybody.

My son is a RAP user and I don’t recall getting any emails at all about changes to the system. I’m not a MAP holder and I don’t use Facebook so if it wasn’t for this discussion here I wouldn’t know about the need to book now. It does seem that the communication about this hasn’t been great for everybody.
Merlin will claim it's because you didn't sign up for marketing emails. But they don't need marketing consent to send out emails about changes like this

Merlin will claim it's because you didn't sign up for marketing emails. But they don't need marketing consent to send out emails about changes like this

Similarly I received the email at the end of last year that they were planning on making improvements to the system but nothing since, so my email was clearly on the relevant list for RAP. And they literally have contact details for every RAP user so there's no excuse.

RAP on Nemesis was accounting for 1/3 to 40% of capacity yesterday.

Unsustainable.
The park is still paying for the gaffe they made on March 2nd when the RAP booking system opened four hours earlier than it should have. They have had to backtrack and permit anyone that had a booking for any of the Alton After Dark days to book RAP even if they missed out at the time. So capacity on those days is likely to be as bad as it always was. Hopefully we'll see more manageable numbers as the park actually has the guts to enforce the booking cap.

I forgot to mention this yesterday but verification for obtaining our RAP day pass was very slack and could have easily been fraudulent. I don't know if that's an actual issue but the potential is still there.

It opened midnight
The park is still paying for the gaffe they made on March 2nd when the RAP booking system opened four hours earlier than it should have. They have had to backtrack and permit anyone that had a booking for any of the Alton After Dark days to book RAP even if they missed out at the time. So capacity on those days is likely to be as bad as it always was. Hopefully we'll see more manageable numbers as the park actually has the guts to enforce the booking cap.

May 24th has already sold out for Thorpe RAB, both red an yellow.

Also, my friend has realised an issue with the prebook system... The confirmation email does not contain the RAP card number, so having multiple kids with an RAP card it's impossible to tell which prebook is for which card number.

Also, my friend has realised an issue with the prebook system... The confirmation email does not contain the RAP card number, so having multiple kids with an RAP card it's impossible to tell which prebook is for which card number.

Good job they don't actually check it when you arrive :rolleyes:

Is there anywhere else you can find your RAP pass number other than the physical pass? I can't find my youngests anywhere 🙄 need to pre-book for Tuesday.

Thorpe will only be allowing 1 go on Hyperia via RAP it seems.

Sure they'll get flak for it but if also not getting timed out for it will reduce the demand somewhat.

Thorpe will only be allowing 1 go on Hyperia via RAP it seems.

Sure they'll get flak for it but if also not getting timed out for it will reduce the demand somewhat.

Skylion at Lego has always been single use since I’ve been going so there’s precedent.

They also trialled it at Chessington for “The big five” but seemingly abandoned that (was pretty flawed imo).