• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride Access Pass and Disabled Access - 2024 Discussion

Thorpe will only be allowing 1 go on Hyperia via RAP it seems.

Sure they'll get flak for it but if also not getting timed out for it will reduce the demand somewhat.
So that's just changing the RAP system to one-shot fast track.

You still have to queue but are not timed out. So it doesn't prevent people who can't queue from having to queue. Neither does it time you out after your ride so you're free to go on any other attractions while everyone else has 3+ hours taken out of their day in main queue.

This is SO not how it's meant to work.

You still have to queue but are not timed out. So it doesn't prevent people who can't queue from having to queue. Neither does it time you out after your ride so you're free to go on any other attractions while everyone else has 3+ hours taken out of their day in main queue.

If they were digital like LEGOLAND then you’d book a time slot which partially incorporates a wait.

But they’re not for… reasons?

Although tbh I detest the time slots too.

Yep, no chance they marked 4.5 hours on the RAP cards when Nemesis opened.

Unfair, very unfair.

Basically, if you have a RAP, you just join straight into the RAP queue, which due to the new limitations is likely to be a shorter or significantly shorter wait than the main queue. It is a bit like one free fast-track a day, depending on how many punters you get in front of you in the RAP queue. You don't get a time-out before your first ride.

Basically, if you have a RAP, you just join straight into the RAP queue, which due to the new limitations is likely to be a shorter or significantly shorter wait than the main queue. It is a bit like one free fast-track a day, depending on how many punters you get in front of you in the RAP queue. You don't get a time-out before your first ride.

Whilst it’s technically unfair I’m not going to begrudge people who face countless other disadvantages and generally struggle more than most in life if they get 1 free fast pass at a theme park.

Also we all know in reality that RAP queue is going to be inaccessible for many due to length for many months.
Hopefully they will have been able to start meaningfully restricting RAP numbers each day by now, and certainly by then. If they are still struggling to cap numbers for May, they've got an even more severe problem than we all thought.

I saw a comment on a YEG post about this suggesting that groups comprising multiple RAP users could use this to get multiple rides per day on Hyperia. Such groups could hypothetically also cycle time cards on other rides to avoid lengthy time outs and is essence have unlimited fastrack.

I saw a comment on a YEG post about this suggesting that groups comprising multiple RAP users could use this to get multiple rides per day on Hyperia. Such groups could hypothetically also cycle time cards on other rides to avoid lengthy time outs and is essence have unlimited fastrack.
Now, that would be totally unethical. Just totally out of order. Anyone caught doing that should be banned from having an annual pass and RAP ever again.

One kid at the weekend joined the single rider queue for smiler on Sunday and said forget it, let’s go use the RAP queue.

Ended up on the same train as me.

People are still abusing this system.
Is that abuse, if that person had a valid pass? They might have just decided to try the SRQ first.

We need a digital only system, max 4 per group. With ID and names provided for all members.

I’m afraid these stupid people will ruin it for themselves

But if the SRQ is shorter than the RAP queue, and therefore requires less queueing than RAP, on similarly level ground and the RAP user doesn't require a companion to ride, the SRQ entirely meets their needs.

I think we need to get past this definition of RAP of 'not being able to queue' - that might describe some, but probably not the majority, of RAP users. Try using "not able to use the main queue line" and you might be closer to describing the majority of RAP users.

But if the SRQ is shorter than the RAP queue, and therefore requires less queueing than RAP, on similarly level ground and the RAP user doesn't require a companion to ride, the SRQ entirely meets their needs.

I think we need to get past this definition of RAP of 'not being able to queue' - that might describe some, but probably not the majority, of RAP users. Try using "not able to use the main queue line" and you might be closer to describing the majority of RAP users.

By Alton’s definition:

We offer a Ride Access Pass to guests who may find it difficult or cannot stand for long periods of time either due to a physical disability or a learning/emotional impairment.

Seems to lean more towards why you can’t queue, other than why you can’t navigate through a main queue line. Perhaps this needs addressing in this case?