• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride Access Pass and Disabled Access - 2024 Discussion

Yep, frustrating but having experienced AT on the Saturday of the last Bank Holiday weekend, they need to stick with this system as it is working.

Friends rode more than me due to me recovering from a cold - Nemesis made my chest muscles hurt so I was sensible and sat out the coasters apart from Spinball.

Spinball and Mine Train RAP were the shortest I've seen them in years.

Friends reported that even Smiler and Wickerman were quick when they rode.

Issues with Thirteen and Wickerman are, I believe, partly due to the 1.2 height restriction. That's the theory my regular park-visiting group has, anyway.

Issues with Thirteen and Wickerman are, I believe, partly due to the 1.2 height restriction. That's the theory my regular park-visiting group has, anyway

Not sure that is it when…

Spinball and Mine Train RAP were the shortest I've seen them in years.

Spinball is also 1.2 and RMT lower.

More likely a combination of the rides popularity and in the case of Thirteen poor reliability in my opinion.

Wicker potentially due to its central location too.

First trip outside of passholders day to Chessington today with the boy. We got there late (11:45) so park was busy from the off
Firstly, as everyone says - digital system is the way to go. So much better.

Onto the day.. was an interesting experience I’ll summarise below.

Vampire - didnt scan, main queue was 60 or 65 mins.

Gruffalo - scanned. Locked us out for 20 mins. Walk on for RAP. After the ride the main queue was 50 mins

Dragons Fury x 2 - first time scanned (70 mins lockout)
Second time was after a ride and queue evac and they didn’t scan anything from anyone (people who got EVAC’d were told to join fast track but didn’t have anything to scan)
Took 5 mins to get on

Mandrill - didn’t scan. Main queue was 75 mins

Croc Drop - scanned. Got on instantly. 25 min lock out

Tiger Rock - scanned, 70 min lock out. Walked on.

Bumper cars - just did the main queue as it was listed at 30 mins but wait was only one cycle. Noted that no one using access was having their pass scanned and often re-joined literally 1 cycle after (I guess no problem since it was the same as the normal queue?)

Kobra - 35 min reported wait. But did main queue as it was more like 10 from experience (we’ve done a fair few Disko’s so easy to judge the queue)

The two smaller rides in Jumanji - both reporting 30 mins. Did main queue as real wait was under 10 mins.

Good day overall. Please towers. Bring in reserve and ride

First trip outside of passholders day to Chessington today with the boy. We got there late (11:45) so park was busy from the off
Firstly, as everyone says - digital system is the way to go. So much better.

Onto the day.. was an interesting experience I’ll summarise below.

Vampire - didnt scan, main queue was 60 or 65 mins.

Gruffalo - scanned. Locked us out for 20 mins. Walk on for RAP. After the ride the main queue was 50 mins

Dragons Fury x 2 - first time scanned (70 mins lockout)
Second time was after a ride and queue evac and they didn’t scan anything from anyone (people who got EVAC’d were told to join fast track but didn’t have anything to scan)
Took 5 mins to get on

Mandrill - didn’t scan. Main queue was 75 mins

Croc Drop - scanned. Got on instantly. 25 min lock out

Tiger Rock - scanned, 70 min lock out. Walked on.

Bumper cars - just did the main queue as it was listed at 30 mins but wait was only one cycle. Noted that no one using access was having their pass scanned and often re-joined literally 1 cycle after (I guess no problem since it was the same as the normal queue?)

Kobra - 35 min reported wait. But did main queue as it was more like 10 from experience (we’ve done a fair few Disko’s so easy to judge the queue)

The two smaller rides in Jumanji - both reporting 30 mins. Did main queue as real wait was under 10 mins.

Good day overall. Please towers. Bring in reserve and ride

Had a very similar day ourselves, arrived about 12 though wasn't as busy.

Vampire walked on (attendant scanning outside), time out for 40 minutes.

Pirate ship said 25 minutes but i could see there was almost no queue so worked out well.

Mandril said closed but could see it running and would let us book a slot. Went over wouldn't scan as ride still said closed so got no time out, though did wait about 10-15 minutes (fortunately my son loves waiting by the gates and seeing it fly by now)

Vampire again, 40 minutes again, followed by walk on Room On The Broom.

Croc Drop was 20 minutes, went straight round again (was 10 minutes by the time we got there) and after 5 minutes nobody else turned up so attendant just let us on which was lucky/nice.

Tiger Rock to finish. Was strangely nobody in Fast Track and about 30 people in RAP, first queue we'd seen all day (they weren't filling all the boats for some reason). Attendant got people on pretty quickly though and scanner was broken so no time out but finished at that point.

Fortunately the new system means on the odd occasion that either the scanners aren't working or it's quiet and staff are feeling generous it has no adverse affect on the queues elsewhere.

Weather was lovely, definitely the best day we've had at CWOA since Christmas Eve.

I must say. While it’s looking tired in places I really enjoy Chessington - probably due to the system. Much less stressful and I can’t think of a time we ever had to wait in the RAP queues

Bit weird on RAP today. Staff either not timing out at all or properly doing it, but didn't see any queues bar the usual nonsense at 13.

Still a major issue at Towers though. Need to sort it before the abuse is rife.

Bit of credit to Thorpe Park, we had a RAP slot booked for the weekend just gone pretty much specifically to ride Hyperia and they have contacted us and said we can rebook it for a day of our choosing. We thought we would probably have to cancel and then wait weeks for another free slot, so nice they have let us move it.

I recently visited Legoland, having booked RAP/Reserve & Ride and a mobility scooter. Since this was my first time visiting with family after going with enthusiasts for the last 14 years, I was more focused on being the designated tour guide and having fun as a casual visitor. It also meant I didn't spend much time documenting the accessibility experience and forgot since most attractions and shops were step free anyway, so this write up will be shorter than my previous Alton Towers ones.

I arrived at the park before my family did and asked staff where I could collect my mobility scooter, they said "you're welcome to collect it from The Big Shop" (I love it when staff use the old names at parks) and I headed over. On the website, I just paid £25 for the hire fee so I had to pay the £25 refundable deposit in person, as well as read and sign a waiver then hold onto my deposit receipt. The scooters were parked by the door and look similar to Alton Towers' scooters with the levers and speed dial but were both somehow an older make and less bulky than the AT counterpart. Rather than give me the one closest to the door to get out, I was given the one at the back which meant reversing between shop shelves and a Lego table then doing a three point turn. When meeting up with family, we took the Hill Train down to the rest of the park where I had to take the middle coach, which I found a little hard to get in/out of, and of course share it with several pushchairs. Otherwise, I found the mobility scooter easier to use than the AT counterpart and had no issues on inclines or that absurdly steep bridge in Kingdom of the Pharoahs. My only issues were navigating in smaller crowds and avoiding little ones running in front of me when I just had to stop entirely.

As for Reserve & Ride, I found it very easy to navigate and clean to use. It's very similar to Movie Park Germany's Speedy Pass system. I would've liked to have accessed it via the app but ah well. That being said, I ended up using Reserve & Ride once with another relative on Minifigure Speedway which had a 10 minute wait (and I guess was ok). Most attractions I went on with my youngest relatives were walk on so there wasn't much need for it and it was easy enough to park the scooter to walk through the queues with my crutch. The only ride I wish I had utilised the step free access for was Haunted House Monster Party's lift, hidden in plain sight, since I find stairs quite hard and since my youngest relatives were too small to ride The Dragon, Pirate Falls, Ninjago and Flight of the Skylion, I didn't have a chance to try the Reserve & Ride for those. We also didn't visit the Sensory Room and some rides were closed like The Dragon's Apprentice and Deep Sea Adventure.

Overall, I had a good day out and it was refreshing to see the park from different perspectives. Sure I barely used the Reserve & Ride system but I certainly prefer it to fumble for the RAP booklet and card in my raincoat pockets every time I see a ride host.

So i found this VERY detailed video about the disability services at Efteling. Though in a way it has left me more confused.

One example is they show the RAP queue area for The Flying Dutchman, which looks fairly grim.

Another is they mention there are Red and Yellow level of passes, though seemingly these only determine where you sit on the ride. And most rides have specific seats if you're using the pass. So again in this example, on The Flying Dutchman you have to wait for the allocated disability boat to come back round which often results in a longer wait time than the main queue. Unless you have a good prior experience of the rides and can determine the wait by the number of RAP users in front of you of course.

In fact they specifically recommend that if you can walk, most of the attractions are nicer to access via the main queues due to either the pre shows or the theming versus the waiting rooms.

Another example is Symbolica where you can only access 1 version of the ride rather than all 3. Same with 2 of the rollercoasters (some of you did mention this already too).

Quite informative overall. I think we'll probably give the main queues a go on everything unless the advertised wait is particularly horrendous.

Always forget about Symbolica's 1 version. Though the differences aren't that major.

Might have a watch of that video later.

Always worth checking in the morning if any slots come up, if you're in that admittedly small section of guests who can plan a visit last minute. I've noticed slots be all booked out and then just after 8am on the actual day a RAP slot has become available. Obviously this will be hit and miss and not suitable for most people.

Did a short day at Legoland today (i'm sure it's Fathers Day not Sons Day but oh well), only RAP things of note were:

1. We got allocated the other train on Speedway this time so that's that credit inadvertently checked and re our discussion a few days ago @Matt N the host seemed to be batching completely randomly this time compared to our previous visit, so does just seem to depend on who is working.

2. Went in the sensory room for the first time for a reprieve as the park was very busy with pushchair aged children this visit. It was quite a nice space that my son immediately liked but unfortunately there was no vetting of people entering so it was just as full of rampaging toddlers meaning it was not a suitable place for him to calm down.

I noticed that the sensory room wasn't being checked upon entry either. Though mine probably would've been one of the rampaging toddlers in that side, fortunately it was fairly quiet when we popped in.

Towers seemed to have a proper reception looking area on theirs so might be better. Worth a message to GS?

I noticed that the sensory room wasn't being checked upon entry either. Though mine probably would've been one of the rampaging toddlers in that side, fortunately it was fairly quiet when we popped in.

Towers seemed to have a proper reception looking area on theirs so might be better. Worth a message to GS?

There is a reception at this one too but they were freely letting people come and go.

In fact looking at the website now it states "The Sensory Space in Heartlake City remains a Ride Access Pass activation" which i interpret as only for RAP users so definitely weren't doing their job.

In fact looking at the website now it states "The Sensory Space in Heartlake City remains a Ride Access Pass activation" which i interpret as only for RAP users so definitely weren't doing their job.
That's very odd wording, as the Sensory Space definitely isn't reserved only for RAP users. There is a RAP information desk there, which I guess is what it's referring to... but yeh, not clear at all.