Ride Access Pass Systems and Disabled Access

Discussion in 'European Parks and Attractions' started by skyscraper, 1st Apr 2018.

1. Tim

Tim TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Air / Blue Fire
    The judge is spot on with their assessment. The system the mother was asking for is very similar to the old system Legoland used to use. I remember seeing how badly that was abused. On some of the lower capacity rides the disabled queue could get as long as the main queue. As a result the people with serious Autism couldn't actually ride as using a pass still involved queuing.
    Unsurprisingly when they brought in a fairer system (closer to what Disney use) they were slammed with complaints, mainly by people annoyed they'd closed the loophole.

Islander likes this.
  2. jon81uk

jon81uk TowersStreet Member

At Disney it got so bad under the old system that people were hiring themselves out as tour guides to give queue jump.

I was reading a thread on a Disney forum about this case and found this very interesting
    https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...-date-set-feb-2020.960478/page-8#post-9306618
    So the old system was so badly abused, 30% of Toy Story Mania riders had a pass before they changed to the new timed system!

Tim likes this.
  3. rob666

rob666 TowersStreet Member

I am available for rent, most days, at Crevettes for small beer.
    Booking in advance advisable.

Rick and ThisGuy like this.
  4. imanautie

imanautie TowersStreet Member

Oh would you look at that, Alton found a solution Chessington could have employed on rattlesnake but chose not to.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

speedy likes this.
  5. pluk

pluk TowersStreet Member

Towers don't have a wild mouse, so I'm guessing what you are trying to compare is not comparable?

6. imanautie

I'm comparing the exit queue line to another exit queue line.

7. pluk

pluk TowersStreet Member

Are you being deliberately ambiguous to stop me pointing out the obvious differences between whatever it is you think is comparable? I can't think of any ride at Towers with anything like as restricted and narrow access as Rattlesnake.

Islander likes this.
  8. imanautie

Towers has a few rides where it's not possible for someone exiting and someone entering via rap to social distance (Oblivion and spinball spring to mind).
    That's what I'm comparing.

9. pluk

pluk TowersStreet Member

Both have LOOOAAADDDS more space and easier access than Rattlesnake. So no.

What specifically is it Towers have done which is directly comparable with Rattlesnake?

10. imanautie

I believe I already said, radio up to clear the path.

11. pluk

pluk TowersStreet Member

No you didn't.

Oblivion I'm guessing? Where the ride car carrying loads of people comes in, unloads and clears while the next is still being filled, leaving a good amount of time and a much more spacious area at both ends of the walkway. Rather than Rattlesnake which has a constant procession of just 4 people at a time where one group would not have cleared the winding walkway to the exit before the next group disembarks, and no room anywhere.

So no, not even remotely comparable.

12. imanautie

Apologies, I got mixed up between different places I was mentioning this, but yeah it's hold back, host radios the op, ops gives permission to send them up.

Spinballs probably closer operationally to rattlesnake in terms of slower clearing off the exit walkway.

13. pluk

pluk TowersStreet Member

But spinballs exit is tiny in length and not landlocked. Honestly, neither have anything like the issues Rattlesnake has at all.

14. spinba11

spinba11 TowersStreet Member

I’ve just thought, 13 would probably have no RAP if it was open.