• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride Availability/Operations 2022-24

Are you sure it’s on 2 or just looks like it is. When there’s 3 there will be 2 going round and 1 in the station and from the queue you won’t be able to see in the station
It's taking a heck of a long time to load if that's the case (wish the trains were numbered tbf)
Actually it Very well could be 3
2nd train just ended and within 2 min it's at the lifthill

It won’t be on 2 the queue time is too low when it’s on 2 the queue time is always massive
I would not necessarily take queue time as an indicator of how many trains the ride is on.

Particularly the stated queue time; as my 2.5 hour actual queue for Wicker Man vs 70 minute advertised queue and 60 minute actual queue for Nemesis Reborn vs 110 minute advertised queue prove, these estimated times can be quite drastically overstated or understated.

Smiler could very well be on 2 trains, and the advertised queue could be what it is for a number of reasons. Given that @blackholes crow has said that it is on 2 trains, I’m inclined to believe that it is on 2 trains.

Smiler could very well be on 2 trains, and the advertised queue could be what it is for a number of reasons. Given that @blackholes crow has said that it is on 2 trains, I’m inclined to believe that it is on 2 trains.
You can only see 2 going round at a time so you wouldn’t know until you reach the station so it’s not something you can guess at

Got this in response to my complaints about last weekend:

Dear ****

Thank you so much for taking the time to email the Alton Towers Resort, my name is **** and I will be handling your email today.

I am very saddened to hear of your disappointment with your recent visit to our Resort. We of course do not expect this to be our guests experiences and I would wholeheartedly like to apologise for any disappointment or frustration this caused. We devote a considerable amount of time to implementing comprehensive procedures to ensure the highest standards for service we deliver, so it's disappointing to hear that your experience was not satisfactory on this occasion.

We take all constructive feedback very seriously in order to constantly monitor and improve on all levels of customer service. At the Alton Towers Resort we pride ourselves on our guests enjoying our fantastic facilities and clearly during your visit we did not meet these expectations.

As a gesture of goodwill, I would be more than happy to provide 4x solo fastracks per person for a future visit. To redeem simply email me back about 2 weeks before you’re thinking of re visiting, and from there I will be able to send you the promo codes to book through our website.

Kind regards,

Seriously thinking of not going next week now. I generally don't tolerate queues over 30-45 mins at Towers (hence I'm selective of when I go). Downtime happens but I'd expect to get every major attraction done, plus a few re-rides, bar maybe one if it's down for the day.

I don't think that's an unreasonable expectation for a moderate day nearly 4 weeks into the season. A 6 hour round trip just doesn't look like it's worth the risk unless things drastically improve the next few days.

Seriously thinking of not going next week now. I generally don't tolerate queues over 30-45 mins at Towers (hence I'm selective of when I go). Downtime happens but I'd expect to get every major attraction done, plus a few re-rides, bar maybe one if it's down for the day.
Well next week is the busiest half term week and queues for coasters will be 70-90 average so I wouldn’t bother going if you don’t like queues