• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride Availability/Operations 2022-24

Great operations at AT yesterday...except Oblivion, shockingly slow to dispatch trains, with long waits on the break run.

Galactica was seemingly on 1 train all day which was our longest que of the day at 20mins.

Great operations at AT yesterday...except Oblivion, shockingly slow to dispatch trains, with long waits on the break run.

Galactica was seemingly on 1 train all day which was our longest que of the day at 20mins.
1 train?! It's normally at least 2. Surprised it didn't take longer than 20 mins then

But with only a 20 minute queue, what do you expect on a very quiet day?
I expect 2 trains. No ride should ever run on 1. On 2 it would've still had a 10 min queue which was the same as most the other rides on park yesterday, so having it on 1 just makes it longer for no necessary reason

I expect 2 trains. No ride should ever run on 1. On 2 it would've still had a 10 min queue which was the same as most the other rides on park yesterday, so having it on 1 just makes it longer for no necessary reason

No it could be for many reasons.
Cost-saving on rollercoaster wheels,
not enough engineers to inspect the ride before opening for both trains,
not enough staff to be able to operate with two trains.

You can expect whatever you want, doesn't mean it should happen.

No it could be for many reasons.
Cost-saving on rollercoaster wheels,
not enough engineers to inspect the ride before opening for both trains,
not enough staff to be able to operate with two trains.

You can expect whatever you want, doesn't mean it should happen.
I mean I don't particularly care how many trains its on as it's a crap ride so I never go on it, but for those who do it must be frustrating. Yes I'm aware that towers are lacking in engineers and staff in general because they offer minimum wage and are in the middle of nowhere so who would want to work there

Last edited:
It was clear staffing was an issue, or they were on a skeleton staff. Not just on rides the park in general.
Nemesis, Smiler and Wicker man were all practically walk on even if advertised at 10mins.

Cost is the necessary reason.
The park is very quiet.
With such high expectations in life at such an early age, expect a long line of minor disappointments.
The Revolution at Blackpool doesn't run very well on two either.

There would have been a necessary reason. They don't run it on 1 just for a laugh. Most other rides were walk on so one 20 min queue is perfectly reasonable, if not ideal, if they needed to prioritise their labour elsewhere or if it was for safety reasons.

You could want it on 2, but to "expect" it on 2 on an off peak day when you weren't even there and, if you were, you wouldn't care as you find it crap anyway, is in itself a little unecessary wouldn't you say?

There would have been a necessary reason. They don't run it on 1 just for a laugh. Most other rides were walk on so one 20 min queue is perfectly reasonable, if not ideal, if they needed to prioritise their labour elsewhere or if it was for safety reasons.

You could want it on 2, but to "expect" it on 2 on an off peak day when you weren't even there and, if you were, you wouldn't care as you find it crap anyway, is in itself a little unecessary wouldn't you say?
Why is everyone sticking up for towers below par operations on certain rides. It doesn't matter if the parks empty or packed they should be able to operate their rides as efficiently as possible. 10 years ago you'd never see Galactica and Oblivion on 1 station on off peak days. This is all down to poor recruitment over the past few years where they have minimal staff and thus can't physically operate the rides like they used to. If the uks biggest and arguably best theme park struggle to recruit staff then god help the smaller parks

Probably a stupid question, is there a reason Nemesis barely ever gets a queue, even on peak/busy days? Is it just a throughput monster, or is it more the age of the attraction?

People shouldn't really defend poor operations, but are quite happy to defend 4pm closes. I'm not going there again, but my point stands. I agree though, Galactica shouldn't be running 1 craft on these 4pm closes, because that is just creating queues when time is already limited. I see your point. It surely doesn't cost any extra staff to have it running 2 on the same side.