• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride Availability/Operations 2022-24

Granted it is Scarefest and Halloween today, but the park really feels like it is bursting at the seems. Monstrous queues all day with the lovely purple temporary fencing extending out of RAP and Fastrack queues.

Didnt want to join the 2.5 hour queue for Wicker Man earlier, so regrettably purchased Fastrack to be stood in a 45 minute FT queue… and counting. Very angry people leaving this queue in droves. Worth noting the main queue currently stands at an advertised 70 minutes.

Currently only stood by Big Bob at this point as I write this, so doesnt seem like we will be getting many night rides in.

a05d07d4561b654d7bf2f2066ca0723c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
i have noticed that they haven't been great at updated queue times these past few days

i was there last week and a 30 min advertised thirteen queue ended up taking about 70

i have noticed that they haven't been great at updated queue times these past few days

i was there last week and a 30 min advertised thirteen queue ended up taking about 70
I think as well as what I noticed on Monday is that they are more relying on ops updating the queue line via announcements on estimated queue times rather than the app.
Smiler op was doing a fab job on Monday afternoon reading out estimated queue times for all the different queues and the host at the front when you entered was doing the same. It was like final score Alton towers style 😂 You know when they say the RAP queue is in excess of an hour it’s a busy day!

Hoping they get blivvy sorted for Fireworks- think staff are hoping so as well from chatting from a few of them as well! I did hear it was testing yesterday so hopefully that’s a good sign?

I think as well as what I noticed on Monday is that they are more relying on ops updating the queue line via announcements on estimated queue times rather than the app.
Smiler op was doing a fab job on Monday afternoon reading out estimated queue times for all the different queues and the host at the front when you entered was doing the same. It was like final score Alton towers style 😂 You know when they say the RAP queue is in excess of an hour it’s a busy day!

Hoping they get blivvy sorted for Fireworks- think staff are hoping so as well from chatting from a few of them as well! I did hear it was testing yesterday so hopefully that’s a good sign?
I waited about 53 mins in single when main was 100+ so I think single is the way. Hope they bring more single queues back in the future

All the availability looks terrible again today, lots of closed rides according to the queue times site.. hoping they manage to get it sorted for the back end of the week or there’s going to be lots of grumpy people at the fireworks shows.

Oblivion now listed as closed today on the Alton towers site too
tbf tho looking at the app (i have not updated mine) the queue times aren't nearly as busy

I waited about 53 mins in single when main was 100+ so I think single is the way. Hope they bring more single queues back in the future
I agree they need to reintroduce them. It not only helps out the single riders but also the main queue lines. And seeing full trains being sent helps keep people happy that the park are doing all they can capacity wise, nothing worse than standing in a long oblivion line watching empty seat after empty seat go out, when you know the facility for a single rider line is in place already.

I agree they need to reintroduce them. It not only helps out the single riders but also the main queue lines. And seeing full trains being sent helps keep people happy that the park are doing all they can capacity wise, nothing worse than standing in a long oblivion line watching empty seat after empty seat go out, when you know the facility for a single rider line is in place already.
since thorpe are slowly bringing them back i hope towers do the same, i get some rides (wicker man) can't have one but ones such as oblivion and spinball could be brought back tomorrow

since thorpe are slowly bringing them back i hope towers do the same, i get some rides (wicker man) can't have one but ones such as oblivion and spinball could be brought back tomorrow
Oblivion and Galactica's SRQs are now being used for ambulant RAP.

Oblivion and Galactica's SRQs are now being used for ambulant RAP.
I still think there should only be one RAP queue for both ambulant and non ambulant guests (aside from smiler because how how that one is built) and use the spare rap line for single rider

is that selfish? perhaps

I still think there should only be one RAP queue for both ambulant and non ambulant guests (aside from smiler because how how that one is built) and use the spare rap line for single rider

is that selfish? perhaps
No it isn't selfish. Facilities for RAP users should be fully accessible in my view, regardless of the nature of the disability one needs it for. Ambulant/non-ambulant aren't binary states anyway, there is a broad spectrum of conditions that might limit mobility. When I bruised my kneecap earlier this year I wasn't a wheelchair user, but nor would I have been able to manage the stairs in the Smiler queueline.

Anyway this isn't the Ride Access Pass topic - but it would definitely be good to get those SRQs back into operation.

And there's nothing more frustrating than seeing that as a single rider

making my debut as a theme park news influencer to tell you all that the parks been hit by a power cut!! good to see the towers infrastructure is still up to scratch area power cut, nvm

Last edited:
Maybe I’m missing something but it seems towers struggle with this issue quite a lot in recent history. Does anyone have any idea wether they fall victim to it more than other UK and European parks? They are in a very secluded location so that might explain it but surely mitigating measures should be in place in this day and age to keep it a less frequent issue.

On park for a second day and this is the current availability. Clearly something has happened (its not the weather) but it really is looking like Fireworks could be very difficult for the park.

99b4ade4e62b355479079115a67897d8.jpg

7a0c2f7ae0d02768c797f70adb7f04d0.jpg

daecd729a7247f3db3461677d24d0127.jpg

Edit: seems like there has been some sort of power cut as multiple rides are being evaced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You could make the argument for them having some kind of onsite battery storage which would also help up their eco-credentials but I guess being in the dog end of nowhere and having the power almost certainly provided by overhead poles through the countryside is never a recipe for reliability

If the power to the lawns is affected as well then this will push back the fireworks audio and lighting testing which was planned for tonight.

Not a good time for this to happen!

This appears to be a power cut affecting the wider area, its not park specific.

I am not really sure how this falls within the blame of the park.