• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride Availability/Operations 2022-24

With 30-45 minute queues on major rides, 4pm is more than adequate for your day.

Be thankful it doesn't shut at 3. God.
I wouldn't say that's 'more than adequate' for a 6-hour day. If queues are up to 45 minutes that would give you barely enough time to do the major rides once and have a pretty rushed lunch. You would also need to plan your route around the park carefully to avoid wasted walking time - and as we know you're more than likely to have to come back to some attractions later after inevitable downtime.

4pm closes are only acceptable on weekdays out of season when queue times are no more than 15-30 minutes. Even then, you are not going to spending much time - or money - in coffee shops, sit-down restaurants etc. if you want to get round everything.

I wouldn't say that's 'more than adequate' for a 6-hour day. If queues are up to 45 minutes that would give you barely enough time to do the major rides once and have a pretty rushed lunch. You would also need to plan your route around the park carefully to avoid wasted walking time - and as we know you're more than likely to have to come back to some attractions later after inevitable downtime.

4pm closes are only acceptable on weekdays out of season when queue times are no more than 15-30 minutes. Even then, you are not going to spending much time - or money - in coffee shops, sit-down restaurants etc. if you want to get round everything.
I think he's being sarcastic

My cousin is on park today. Told me there are no signs of life at Rita or Thirteen and sent me a video of The Smiler stuck at the top of the vertical lift, and has therefore had its queue line evacuated. Flavios also still lifeless.

Rita appears to have reopened.
Was closed all day yesterday with no apparent repair work going on. Trains (both) were in the station. I anticipated it would be a while so it’s good to see it back up.

Galactica was on two crafts again yesterday. Wickerman had a lot of down time in the morning and The Smiler was up and down a lot yesterday also. One was guest interference I believe a personal item was lost.

The curse was riding terribly with effects mistimed or not working. I think they need close season asap.

Tomorrow isn't going to reach 5 degrees potentially until 10am, do people think this will result in a huge delays to ride opening as that's the minimum operating temperature of most rides, resulting in testing not even being able to happen before then? It is also due to drop below 5 degrees by 8pm. Can vision a disastrous start.

It could potentially cause a few issues. But any day is a lottery really. Arriving for ride opening and not leaving until 9pm is a very long day anyway. At least the temperatures are a bit more close to normal for this time of year than last week. That was just strange for the first week of Scarefest.

I think 13 is the only one that won’t operate 5 degree’s or below if im not mistaken? The others seem fine all the way down to zero and possibly beyond?

I think 13 is the only one that won’t operate 5 degree’s or below if im not mistaken? The others seem fine all the way down to zero and possibly beyond?
Could be true as historically that has seemed to be the case, but given the information on Thorpe's site stating 5 for almost everything I'm wondering if Towers could now be the same...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-10-14-10-28-13-09_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-10-14-10-28-13-09_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 38
Don’t quote me on this, but I seem to remember hearing that many of Alton’s coasters now don’t operate below 5°C.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Smiler crash and fallout from that changed procedures in this regard.

Tomorrow isn't going to reach 5 degrees potentially until 10am, do people think this will result in a huge delays to ride opening as that's the minimum operating temperature of most rides, resulting in testing not even being able to happen before then? It is also due to drop below 5 degrees by 8pm. Can vision a disastrous start.
The temperature is the least of your worries tomorrow