• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride Availability/Operations 2022-24

So Smiler, Rita (which managed somehow to have the biggest puddle ever in AT history today. Put Smiler q in shade), Galactica, Curse, Mauraders. Doing a few retro rides then Spinball. Fireworks. Wickerman in the dark then home I think1000014811.png

Very poor operations today (Saturday). In the park 10-9, and only managed 5 rides. I'm aware it is one of the busiest days of the year like, and you don't go to fireworks to get on loads of rides.
Galactica broke down on us twice and if that isn't enough, then Smiler afterwards. Thought you used to get some compensation for waiting ages then not getting on? Like fastrack?
Towers need to take a good long look at their operations etc, never mind trying to get new hardware in. Clearly the right maintenance hasn't been done during winter for the year and it really has showed.
Busiest day of the year and shocking operations, most rides shut throughout the day.
Everyone have similar experiences today?

Pass holders kept keeping the priority pass and staff would hand them out to friends.

Have heard tales of visitors waiting over an hour for rides for them to break and be kicked out of the queue.

Very poor operations today (Saturday). In the park 10-9, and only managed 5 rides. I'm aware it is one of the busiest days of the year like, and you don't go to fireworks to get on loads of rides.
Galactica broke down on us twice and if that isn't enough, then Smiler afterwards. Thought you used to get some compensation for waiting ages then not getting on? Like fastrack?
Towers need to take a good long look at their operations etc, never mind trying to get new hardware in. Clearly the right maintenance hasn't been done during winter for the year and it really has showed.
Busiest day of the year and shocking operations, most rides shut throughout the day.
Everyone have similar experiences today?
I did:
1.Smiler (in queue around 9.20)
2.Rita
3.Galactica (closed whilst I was in queue but was temporary so stuck it out for half hour and got on. (Ate lunch early in queue around 1130ish.
Called at a closed sub terra and asked if they were trying to get it open (after I heard tannoy calling staff to stations). Gate lady said hopefully soon. So needed a short nearby ride and toilet break.
4. Curse
Sub Terra opened and then closed whilst we were in queue. (The only ride I've never been on at AT gutted. Plan was to walk to X sector as my boys wanted the 2 retro rides.
5. Mauraders (as it was on the path we walked).
got myself a coffee at towers and some chips
6. Blivvy (unexpected as we walked past not realising it had just opened). 40-50min wait iirc
7. Spin Jam
8. Twistatron
kids saw TPWW and were buzzin 😂
9. Spinball (closed when we arrived as some poor bloke got stuck at top). They were sending test trains round so gambled and resisted staffs attempts to get us to go away 😂. Five mins later was in.
Think it was around 4-4.30 now our thought was save Wicker for dark as we've done it loads before visit. Sub Terra was open at 50 min queue
10. Sub Terra (40 min wait as some people left queue to get a spot for fireworks.

**Firework Spectacular** (just wow!)

11. Wickerman in he dark was the ride highlight..on the way staff shouting "go left for Galactica, go right for WM". We go right and Tannoy in queue says "those at back of queue could wait in excess of 90 mins". Check app later on and Smiler/Galactica were shut. Left the ride happy at 8.50 ready for home.

Pretty much all the big rides had some kind of failure. My day could have easily been a 5 ride day but with a bit of luck/knowledge of the park rides we got a bit done. The fireworks were what we came for, rides were a bonus.

My day could have easily been
Queue at 13..leave at 1030 as not opened
1. Rita
Abandon Galactica queue as unexpectedly stopped
2.. Curse.
Abandon Sub Terra queue as unexpectedly stopped
3. Mauraders
4. Smiler (guessing that 80 min queue was around that time)
Oblivion might not have been open either.
Might have walked to Spinball and abandoned that due to ride half too. So probably would have done retros to fill time
5. Spin Jam
6. Twistatron
*Fireworks*
Abandon Galactica in dark and just go home.

And that is the story of the park really. It's like a choose your own adventure where one wrong move can have consequences on your experiences.

Seems to be going smoothly for me today. Other than smiler opening at about 1020 I managed to get on that first as single rider, oblivion walk on and then Galactica walk on twice. Seems to be getting busier but the discounted ticket fast track one shot for wicker man definitely worth it for me to save a 70min queue..

Ride availability over the weekend was shocking. It has to change for 2024. Didn't really impact me as I was there for the the atmosphere, fireworks and friends; however I feel for the thousands of guests who did want to have a good time at a theme park getting on some rides.

I was there on Saturday, queued 60mins for Galactica and was in the boarding pen when they couldn't lower the craft in the station.
Eventually had to evacuate the queue line.

I get that rides go down, it's annoying but these thing happen.

But what I couldn't understand is that the staff YELLED at everyone to get out as soon as possible. It was like being back on Nemesis sub terra.

No apology, no customer service. It was like a fire drill. Totally awful guest experience.

I'm sure in years gone by (many years!) if there was a queue evac they would be someone at the exit handing out fast pass tickets.

PLUS, we went to the new Forbidden Valley guest services kiosk and the staff member couldn't help because her tablet couldn't connect to the internet 🤦‍♂️. Such a dire experience...

Last edited by a moderator:
But what I couldn't understand is that the staff YELLED at everyone to get out as soon as possible. It was like being back on Nemesis sub terra.

No apology, no customer service. It was like a fire drill. Totally awful guest experience.
I have noticed this year that staff have been a bit rude. I think they need to remember they wouldn't have a job if it wasn't for the guests that visit every year. Maybe they should appreciate guests more and treat them better

I'm sure in years gone by (many years!) if there was a queue evac they would be someone at the exit handing out fast pass tickets.
Yes they did. If you were in the station or on the train that was evacuated they would give you an exit pass for the inconvenience. I am not sure when this was discontinued, but after being evacuated from The Smiler this year I found the current arrangement to be woefully inadequate. In my opinion it's not acceptable just to turf people off the ride or out of the queue without any compensation at all.

I understand there were problems with it being abused. Staff giving out exit passes to their mates, and "thoosies" who did get exit passes had a habit of saving them until the end of season then using them at busy events such Scarefest or Fireworks. However I am sure they could do something better. They could use a tablet or similar to issue an electronic Fastrack ticket to the affected guests, thereby giving compensation without the ability for staff or guests to misuse them.

I have noticed this year that staff have been a bit rude. I think they need to remember they wouldn't have a job if it wasn't for the guests that visit every year. Maybe they should appreciate guests more and treat them better
Agree that some staff have been verging on rude, but with the Galactica experience it was coordinated, definitely a policy / instruction to act that way rather than the odd frustrated team member...some people looked shocked being yelled at!

I got evacuated off Smiler earlier this year too. Not only do you get no fast passes, they then demand your personal info for the evac register and don’t say thank you. Just point you out the fire exit 👍 Nice.

I compare this to Paulton's where we were recently stuck on the lift hill of Velociraptor for all of 5 minutes and were still immediately given a fast pass ticket.