• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride Availability/Operations 2022-24

Not too sure what this recent discussion has to do with availability and operations at Alton Towers...

Availability on Saturday was better than initially expected, so that's something. There were fears that they may have been giving BPB a run for their money in terms of opening day farces, but once things did open it looks like it was ok. A shame about quite a lot being on reduced capacity, but hopefully that gets sorted fairly quickly.

The chair is currently absent from the ramp, or at least it was at the weekend.

Heave Ho and Rapids were almost certainly sacrificed in favour of getting more popular rides open for the start of season. How long they remain closed may depend on whether they now focus on rebuilding trains for the coasters or working on the remaining closed rides.

Availability poor today. Nemesis opened around 13:00. Thirteen spent more time closed than open, Galactica not far behind. Smiler had a couple of closures but unfortunately I did manage to get encouraged to ride it. Walked over to Alty Mans but it was closed, so I still haven't had a go!

There were staff looking at Rapids but didn't seem to be anything beyond "Are the boats still there?" "Yes"

Not sure how common this is, but wasted a lot of time waiting for Monorail. The app said 10 minutes which was highly optimistic. The train I ultimately travelled in must have sat in the platform for a good 10 minutes before departure, for no obvious reason.

On a more positive note, Oblivion was being operated extremely efficiently, and had a queue not much beyond the airgates all day

Availability poor today. Nemesis opened around 13:00. Thirteen spent more time closed than open, Galactica not far behind. Smiler had a couple of closures but unfortunately I did manage to get encouraged to ride it. Walked over to Alty Mans but it was closed, so I still haven't had a go!

There were staff looking at Rapids but didn't seem to be anything beyond "Are the boats still there?" "Yes"

Not sure how common this is, but wasted a lot of time waiting for Monorail. The app said 10 minutes which was highly optimistic. The train I ultimately travelled in must have sat in the platform for a good 10 minutes before departure, for no obvious reason.

On a more positive note, Oblivion was being operated extremely efficiently, and had a queue not much beyond the airgates all day
Heard ops weren’t great today. Apparently 3 big coasters on 1 train Rita Th13teen and Nemesis is that true?