• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride Availability/Operations 2022-24

Rita was 1, Nemesis was 2 when I rode it but I believe it did drop to 1 for the last hour or so

Didn't get to Thirteen as every time I wasn't actively queueing for something, it was closed

Not sure how common this is, but wasted a lot of time waiting for Monorail. The app said 10 minutes which was highly optimistic. The train I ultimately travelled in must have sat in the platform for a good 10 minutes before departure, for no obvious reason.
My visit at the weekend, which was very monorail heavy as had waterpark and golf to do during the day, confirms that this now seems to be the norm. Every journey was awkward and slow for seemingly no reason.

I always ended up waiting up to 10 minutes with half a trains worth of people on the ramp, up to 10 minutes sitting in a stationary train, and then the journey itself on top of that. I'm sure there was only one train in service a lot of the time.

It’s a shame the monorail is so bad at the moment. We often tie in a visit to the water park but it ends up being far quicker and reliable driving between the two rather than risking losing 30 minutes of ride time.

I was there yesterday, operations were poor. Rita and Thirteen on 1 train all day and Nemesis opened at 1PM, gained a huge queue then dropped to 1 train around 3:40. There weren’t many people on park but most coaster queues were around 30 minutes. Then the park shut at 4.

Sorry to be the old git again, but operations on the monorail used to be so good, even on the quiet days.
A train filled up, closed the doors, and left, as the next train came into the station.
The queue never stopped, one quick shuffle up the ramps in about ten minutes.
Was it four tor five rains running in peak hours?

I was there yesterday, operations were poor. Rita and Thirteen on 1 train all day and Nemesis opened at 1PM, gained a huge queue then dropped to 1 train around 3:40. There weren’t many people on park but most coaster queues were around 30 minutes. Then the park shut at 4.
When you say Th13teen was on 1 train were the other trains on the circuit and just running empty or was there actually only 1 train on. I’ve been before where there’s 2 or 3 trains on but they’re only filling up 1

My visit at the weekend, which was very monorail heavy as had waterpark and golf to do during the day, confirms that this now seems to be the norm. Every journey was awkward and slow for seemingly no reason.

I always ended up waiting up to 10 minutes with half a trains worth of people on the ramp, up to 10 minutes sitting in a stationary train, and then the journey itself on top of that. I'm sure there was only one train in service a lot of the time.

They reduce train capacity between around 11:30 and 3ish so you wait if you want to go back to the car park midday (you are better leaving via Galactica gate).

When you say Th13teen was on 1 train were the other trains on the circuit and just running empty or was there actually only 1 train on. I’ve been before where there’s 2 or 3 trains on but they’re only filling up 1
One train was in sections under the lift hill I believe.

Queued for it, then they announced they were adding the second train, so it started on 1 train only. Then half an hour later they closed it as adding the train had broken it. Not sure how it reopened as I gave up and went to Wickerman.

Sorry to be the old git again, but operations on the monorail used to be so good, even on the quiet days.
A train filled up, closed the doors, and left, as the next train came into the station.
The queue never stopped, one quick shuffle up the ramps in about ten minutes.
Was it four tor five rains running in peak hours?
20+ years ago it used to run 7 trains.

When I was younger it was unheard of to walk to the park entrance, even if the queue filled the station and was sprawling down the pathway outside you'd still be on in less than 10 mins. Those were the days.

20+ years ago it used to run 7 trains.

When I was younger it was unheard of to walk to the park entrance, even if the queue filled the station and was sprawling down the pathway outside you'd still be on in less than 10 mins. Those were the days.
one of the biggest change has been requiring the train to stop before allowing people onto the station, it must add a huge amount of time as everyone has to check if the cabin is full and find an empty one (when i go rarely they listen to where to go and end up in the wrong seat) and it also probably leads to less people than capacity should allow as there may be empty seats that werent seen due to it not being as obvious on a platform

one of the biggest change has been requiring the train to stop before allowing people onto the station, it must add a huge amount of time as everyone has to check if the cabin is full and find an empty one (when i go rarely they listen to where to go and end up in the wrong seat) and it also probably leads to less people than capacity should allow as there may be empty seats that werent seen due to it not being as obvious on a platform

Problem is, Alton in their inconsistent stupidity, despite not needing it for 30 years, would now expect a 6ft high airgates along the platform, a la Mandrill Mayhem. Pathetic

(Although strangely enough not needed for Nemesis)

I’m surprised there isn’t a ride op on the exit doors being honest.

6ft air gates I would say is fair for mandril mayhem because of 2 reasons:

1. the train is going through the station at quite some speed unlike departing a station where it would be much slower and thus cause less damage and be easier to stop if something happened
2. as it is a wing coaster guest may not realise how wide the train is if they got into the danger zone

I would argue that gates are a good idea for the monorail for a couple reasons (consider child ride this and they probably won't understand the danger) they need to either install them or come up with a better solution than waiting for the train to arrive