• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride Availability/Operations 2022-24

Not everyone would have been doing the rides poll either, so I think that evens it out. Not everyone will have done any of those things.

In fact, I’d guess that it would mostly have been enthusiasts doing the ride poll.
I dunno how you evaluate whether one is an enthusiast any more but I very much doubt it'd be 'mostly enthusiasts'.

Either way these internal surveys are complete junk as they are all biased so as to ensure a specific result.

See also - 'how was your day' feedback tablets disappearing/being covered up when things go wrong on park.

On a coaster throughput is determined by how fast they can dispatch the trains and how many people each train can hold and not how many people can be on it at any one tim.

On a coaster throughput is determined by how fast they can dispatch the trains and how many people each train can hold and not how many people can be on it at any one tim.

Thats the difference between throughput and capacity. The capacity of Nemesis is 32 riders per train so up to 64 can be on it at any one time. Its throughput is approx 1200 guests per hour, which as you say depends on how quickly they can despatch.
Whereas with Hex as there are four seperate areas where guests are being entertained (initial batching show with the portrait, cinema room, ocotogon and the ride) so the capacity of the experiance as a whole is 78 guests in each area so up to 312 can be inside the attraction at one time.

Thats the difference between throughput and capacity. The capacity of Nemesis is 32 riders per train so up to 64 can be on it at any one time. Its throughput is approx 1200 guests per hour, which as you say depends on how quickly they can despatch.
Nemesis has achieved 1440 riders per hour - I was working on it at the time. It was fully staffed back then, with an entrance host to filter out the "too small" guests from even entering the queue. A bay-loader (which makes a huge difference) and a good ride team working the trains to get them out bang on the dispatch interval.

It can be done - as long as you pay for enough staff & do not have too many "total plank" guests who only need to tighten up their shoelaces when they board the train. NB: Your shoes have to be VERY loose to fall off on Nemesis - I've seen people with Doc Marten boots tightening up their laces... like they were going to fall off!

Casual coaster fan from Australia here. Booked my visit for tomorrow but I see The Smiler, wicker man, spinball and Rita are closed. Why? And have they been closed for a while?

Casual coaster fan from Australia here. Booked my visit for tomorrow but I see The Smiler, wicker man, spinball and Rita are closed. Why? And have they been closed for a while?
Unsure on that one, although it appears Wicker Man is open now. You should be fine for tomorrow, and I suspect all will open at some point today.

Good operations again on smiler today. Dispatching pretty quick which is a good job considering the size of the queue. It's certainly the biggest 30 min queue I've ever seen. More like 90

Rides will close on and off throughout the day if there’s a technical issue or adverse weather, but more often than not they do reopen at some point if possible. I was there this weekend and multiple rides were closed at points throughout the day, some due to the wind others were having minor issues, but did reopen. Looking at the app it probably looked really bad but it wasn’t, nothing was closed for hours on end I don’t think. Sometimes rides are only closed for a short amount of time and the app doesn’t get updated quick enough. I was in the queue for nemesis a few weeks back and it was running after a brief closure, but on the app it was saying it was closed for a good 15-20 minutes, I literally saw people on the ride and the queue was moving, so it’s not always the most accurate indicator although I do find it very helpful at times. When you’re actually there you get a much clearer picture of operations at least in my experience so I wouldn’t worry, the only rides that are closed for an extended time at the moment are Hex and Enterprise.

Last edited:
On Saturday, Smiler, Oblivion and Spinball closed twice due to high winds. Rita closed once for a reason I known to me, most likely minor technical as it wasn't down for long. None of them were down for too long to be fair.

Unlike other coasters where strong winds could result in a stall, I think the main issue with Oblivion’s safe operational wind speed is down to evac procedure from the top of the lift hill to the overhang. It’s incredibly exposed up there and whilst you’d be harnessed up, I certainly wouldn’t want to have to evacuate from up there in a gale. You’ve also got the added risk of slips and falls especially if it’s wet underfoot.

If a coaster can hold 20 people per train and they dispatch it 50 times an hour, that allows 1000 people through in an hour. If the trains however held 40 people, they would only need to dispatch it 25 times in an hour to get 1000 people. Seeing as the amount of people on a ride at any one time is a result of how many people the trains can hold. I would argue that how many people can be on a ride at any one time, directly impacts its throughput. Of course it is, I thought that was pretty obvious.

You will not get a high throughput on a ride that has a capacity of 10 people, no matter how fast you dispatch it.

You can see the positive impact that Thirteen and The Smiler’s bag drops are having on their queue times - both seem to be short! Also on my visit on Friday they were smashing trains out on these two! Galactica ops were the worst, despite it being on 2 stations 3 crafts. Rita was average operations, the rest of the coasters operations were great. The Spinjam team are also doing a pretty good job at getting each ride cycle started quickly, much better than Mixtape’s ops last year.

When I visited at the weekend, the bag room was back open on Thirteen which was great to see, but remained closed in Smiler. Is this normal? Or is opening of these bag rooms based on number of staff available?

When I visited at the weekend, the bag room was back open on Thirteen which was great to see, but remained closed in Smiler. Is this normal? Or is opening of these bag rooms based on number of staff available?
They reopened both at the start of the season. Interesting that Smiler's has closed again, most likely due to staff shortage.

This was so funny in the opening weeks, Thirteen had a longer queue to pick up your bag than to get on the ride, those two lads really struggled!

Came a few weeks ago again and two girls working the same room, no issues.

I’ve time I’ve been they both have been open, but I heard it was meant to be peak times only, and when they have the staff. However with Hex and Enterprise both closed, they do have extra staff spare.