• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride/Park Accidents

Biggest pain is its right on the crosstie. In-between they'd only need a section of rail and some welding. My other guess is to fillet the rail and weld in a patch, rather than an entire new piece of track

Jeez, that could have had a horrendous outcome. But most pirate boats you see are up on some kind of platform or have a larger ride base around them and I wonder in this case what the ride operators view was like. Obviously we don’t really want to see big high fences around rides but that fence there does look a very much on the small side given the way it would be so easy for a child to climb it and get in to a very dangerous area. Little kids just see something they want to go on or get near to and sometimes they just go for it.

And that’s the thing, children can do daft things like that impulsively. I was at Chester Zoo a few years back when one of my friend’s kids climbed over a little fence to get a closer look at something, he did it so quickly in the blink of an eye. Luckily it wasn’t such a highly dangerous area but it did show me how a curious child can do something like that.

Unsure if it's similar to one I've operated but in that case you'd definitely not want to hit the E-Stop, you'd instead have to rely on a brake button but even that would take a minute to stop and wouldn't prevent the child from being hit.

If you hit the E-Stop it would just cut all power to the ride and it would be a case of wait until the momentum runs out.

Incident on a rollercoaster at Tivoli Friheden has resulted in the death of a girl. It seems it may have been a derailment of some kind?

Girl, 14, killed in Cobra rollercoaster ride accident in Denmark https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-62167606

For reference here is the coaster:

When the ride had issues shortly after opening, a lot of people concluded that there was a design issue but then it reopened the following season, which suggested it might be a problem with assembly or operation.

For it to happen twice on the same ride is very odd. Scrapping it seems sensible.

Sad as it's a unique cred but absolutely the right decision
I feel like that's a big part of the problem. There aren't any other Sartori coasters that aren't in the family-friendly Big Apple/Crazy Worm category, and then they bring out an inverted thrill coaster; hardly their usual area of expertise. If it was successful they would surely have sold more than one prototype but it seems to have been beset by problems from the start.

A very sad outcome for all concerned.