• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride/Park Accidents

Silver Dollar City - Maintenance staff member killed in workplace accident. No further details, although some location blocked sites report blunt force trauma to the head.

Legoland Korea - drop tower ride stop evac and no injuries, but once firefighters are rescuing people a couple of hours after the stop it's probably worth a mention.

Palace Playland, Maine - Boy sustains head injury on Super Star (Tri-star?) ride. Appears he was struck by moving ride vehicle.

Naples - Swing ride falls over mid ride, multiple injuries. Looks very fast, gets a right wobble on before falling over.

Legoland Korea - drop tower ride stop evac and no injuries, but once firefighters are rescuing people a couple of hours after the stop it's probably worth a mention.
I had a friend at the park when this happened. The rides an observation tower, not a drop tower. It stopped halfway up/down and they used a regular firetruck lader to evacuat. This probably explains why it took a couple of hours because they would have been evacuating 1 guest at a time. I think that gondola has quite a high capacity.
Luckily for them they had some very hot days before and after but it sounds like the weather wasn't too unpleasant at the time.

Last edited:
I had a friend at the park when this happened. The rides an observation tower, not a drop tower. It stopped halfway up/down and they used a regular firetruck lader to evacuat. This probably explains why it took a couple of hours because they would have been evacuating 1 guest at a time. I think that gondola has quite a high capacity.
Luckily for them they had some very hot days before and after but it sounds like the weather wasn't too unpleasant at the time.

I did wonder, because I think they only have the small fire and ice type drop towers, the observation tower makes more sense for a long rescue. Thanks for clarifying.

Reactions: Tim
News from Flambards in Cornwall regarding an incident earlier today on the Space Race ride. Article from BBC News
It's an indoor Superbob if anyone's wondering.

hqdefault.jpg

Teenager found dead at funfair

Dover: Teenage boy found dead at Pencester Gardens funfair

A teenage boy has been found dead at a funfair in Dover.

South East Coast Ambulance Service was called to the fair at Pencester Gardens just before 07:45 BST.

It said a "teenage boy was pronounced as deceased at the scene". Kent Police said "no suspicious circumstances" had been reported.

The site was hosting the Family Funfair run by Kent-based Forrest Amusements which, according to a poster, was due to open to the public on Wednesday.

The Health and Safety Executive is also investigating.

A report is being prepared for the coroner.

In a statement Forrest Amusements said it was "deeply shocked and saddened to hear about the tragic incident".

The Showmen's Guild, the body which represents travelling fairs, said in a statement: "Our thoughts are with the family of the person involved."

It added it was assisting the Health and Safety Executive with the investigation.

At the moment it appears a group of teens broke into the funfair while it was closed, and one climbed the "Body Count" Superstar and fell.

Florida - woman partially amputated finger on Kong last year. Park deny responsibility, blame womans behaviour.

Gatlinburg - woman dies falling from chairlift, seen riding with safety bar lifted. Rulled suicide. Chairlift continues operating with boarding riders warned not to look down!

Prata - Teenage boy falls from tagada after standing on seat. Darwin stuff. Won't link to German site, you'll have to take my word!

Last edited:
Germany - woman dies being ejected from coaster. No indication on how it happened. Appears to be a Gurst bobsled.

Translated statement from the parks website

Dear park guests,

due to a deadly accident we will close the Klotti-Park also on Monday 08.08.2022 to support a quick clarification of the accident by the authorities.

We would like to express our deepest condolences to the family, relatives and friends!

Our KLOTTI team is very shocked with what happend.

As the cause of the accident is still unclear, we are not yet able to estimate what the park business will look like in the next few days.

Thank you for your understanding!!!

Your KLOTTI-TEAM

A little more info bout the above story.

A woman has tragically died after she reportedly slipped out of her seat in a horror rollercoaster accident.

The 57-year-old, who has not been named, fell off the ride to her death from a height of 26ft at the Klotti Wildlife and Leisure park in Klotten, Germany at around 4:30pm on Saturday (August 13).

Police were working on Monday to establish whether the death on the ride "was the result of the fault of a third party", according to the Bild.

The woman, who was from Sankt Wendel in the Saarland region of Germany, is said to have slid out of her seat as the rollercoaster carriage moved around a corner before falling from the track onto the ground moments later.

Rescue efforts were reportedly made more difficult by the uneven terrain surrounding the ride, though many details regarding the accident and response remain unclear.

Speaking on Monday, public prosecutors said "there is currently no initial suspicion of criminal conduct", and confirmed they had requested an autopsy.

Officials from Germany's Technical Inspection Association (Technischer Überwachungsverein, or 'TÜV') have also inspected the ride in the days following the accident.

After closing the park for three days, a message from Klotti Park posted on Facebook last night confirmed that they would be reopening to visitors on Tuesday — although the ride in question would remain closed, despite reportedly being cleared by the TÜV.

A quick flick through queuetimes website shows Gurst bobsleds appear to be open everywhere. I'm guessing if there was an indication of failure of the ride itself a bulletin for worldwide closure would have been issued for any of a like type.

Thing with Miamis is I think they support their mass of their gondola on where they are driven through the gearbox. If the box goes bigstyle it can cause them to separate hence the number of incidents.

Thing with Miamis is I think they support their mass of their gondola on where they are driven through the gearbox. If the box goes bigstyle it can cause them to separate hence the number of incidents.
Miamis usually have two arms though, this is slightly different