• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride/Park Accidents

Warning - high drama - BBC News - Rhyl: Boy scared after Nessi rollercoaster safety bar failure

It's unclear if it was a "failure" or if the operator didn't restrain the kid before it was dispatched - which is very poor.

Maybe the parent had the Treetops accident at Oakwood in mind when this was happening. Obviously we know that the child wasn’t in much danger riding that with the bar not down but if the parent was aware that there was an accident last year with a person being ejected from a coaster (though obviously in very different circumstances) that might have made them panic like that.

The police getting involved seems like a bit of an overkill...? I'm assuming it kicked off a little between the family and the park. Despite this being a very small coaster whereby if any of us rode it without a safety bar we'd be totally fine, a younger child could panic or not understand the situation, stand up, and then could potentially be knocked out. Sounds like a failure on the part of the operator to not close and/or check the restraint.

USA - one stretchered away from Zipper after being stuck at height for hours. Not clear if any actual injuries. I've never ridden a Zipper, would love to one day.

USA - 2 hospitalised from separate incidents on one night at the same small fair. No indication of which rides were involved. EDIT - seems a hurrican ride started as people were still getting on, and something happened kn a kiddie carousel.

USA - in an Alton associated ride incident, teen hurt on a Gravetron. No further details given.

India - multiple hospitalisations following failure on swing ride. All sinse discharged. Sounds like it lowered while still swinging out too fast crashing riders into the barrier.

UK - boy hurt when his Zorbing ball gets blown in the air.

Last edited:
That’s terribly sad news.

I can’t remember if it was on here or on CF but I read a comment from someone recently saying that they didn’t trust Schwarzkopf coasters anymore and wouldn’t ride them due to their history of derailment incidents. What an awful accident.

That’s terribly sad news.

I can’t remember if it was on here or on CF but I read a comment from someone recently saying that they didn’t trust Schwarzkopf coasters anymore and wouldn’t ride them due to their history of derailment incidents. What an awful accident.
There was the Mindbender one many years ago, have there been any others?

There was the Mindbender one many years ago, have there been any others?

Quimera (aka All American Triple Loop/Magnum Force) at La Feria Chapultepec Magico in 2019 with two people killed.

https://www.attractionsmanagement....s&codeID=343202&dom=n&email=web&pub=AMe&date=

And also what looks like a possible derailment you can see in this video from 2021 of Montana Russa at Parque Del Cafe in Columbia.

https://twitter.com/vozdelpueblo920/status/1472683340021080072?s=20

Last edited:
Now confirmed by park as one fatality, 9 more hospitalised including children, three with severe injuries. Sounds absolutely horrible.

With the whole train remaining on the track I'm surprised by the severity of the injuries, I'm guessing it has come down to such rapid deceleration and some crushing in the cars behind.

bae3b5cf-854f-4233-8214-9906c12f44c9

Now confirmed by park as one fatality, 9 more hospitalised including children, three with severe injuries. Sounds absolutely horrible.

With the whole train remaining on the track I'm surprised by the severity of the injuries, I'm guessing it has come down to such rapid deceleration and some crushing in the cars behind.

bae3b5cf-854f-4233-8214-9906c12f44c9

I would suspect the fatality was ejected from the train when it derailed.